Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 04, 2022, 05:48:18 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Tomas Milian R.I.P.
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: Tomas Milian R.I.P.  ( 8820 )
titoli
Bounty Killer

« : March 23, 2017, 11:01:07 AM »

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #1 : March 23, 2017, 11:44:03 AM »

Agree

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #2 : March 23, 2017, 01:00:56 PM »

In Italy, for common  people, not film fans, he is, and always will be, remembered for the movies made as Commissario Giraldi with Bombolo. Of course, those movies, spoken in roman lingo, cannot be fully appreciated outside of the Boot (but to a point even inside). Together with his SW's and Gialli  they will maybe let most people forget that he played for some of the most important italian directors like Antonioni, Visconti, Lattuada and a ton of others.  I think the first movie I saw him in was Tepepa, but I might be wrong. I loved him from the start, that's for sure.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

« #3 : March 23, 2017, 03:15:31 PM »

What is amazing is how much US TV he did, from the 80s on, often as a guest bad guy. I hadn't realized it until just now, when I checked his credits on IMDb.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #4 : March 23, 2017, 05:52:07 PM »

His autobiography only came out a couple of years ago.

Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #5 : March 23, 2017, 08:11:19 PM »

... he is, and always will be, remembered for the movies made as Commissario Giraldi with Bombolo.

Which along with his Monnezza character was arguably shaped by his Spaghetti Western persona stemming from his performances as Cuchillo for Sollima.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #6 : March 23, 2017, 08:42:12 PM »

I have only seen a handful of non-Leone SW's.

I believe that the only movie I saw Milian in is THE BIG GUNDOWN. He was very good.

RIP

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #7 : March 24, 2017, 02:46:51 AM »

I have only seen a handful of non-Leone SW's.

I believe that the only movie I saw Milian in is THE BIG GUNDOWN. He was very good.

RIP

You're missing a lot then of Classic Spaghetti Westerns, time to get on the stick. ???

« : March 24, 2017, 04:30:17 AM cigar joe »

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Leonardo
Gunslinger

"So you're not a businessman after all.."

« #8 : March 24, 2017, 04:07:40 AM »

Just 3-4 days ago, I watched "The big gundown" ("La resa dei conti") on TV.
He was definetely an interesting person and a good actor; several interviews have been aired on italian TV after his death: I didn't know his father shot himself  in front of T.M. who was 12 at the time.. :'(
May he rest in peace!

Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #9 : March 24, 2017, 12:28:05 PM »

You're missing a lot then of Classic Spaghetti Westerns, time to get on the stick. ???

Check out Companeros first. Although you'll never get the Morricone song out of your head.... "Vamos a matar, vamos a matar, compaƱeros!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81Nbo0iVGbU

columba
Bandido

« #10 : March 24, 2017, 12:32:28 PM »

Not been on for ages and sad to come back to see the sad news....    :'(  :'(  :'(

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #11 : March 24, 2017, 01:40:07 PM »

Check out Companeros first. Although you'll never get the Morricone song out of your head.... "Vamos a matar, vamos a matar, compaƱeros!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81Nbo0iVGbU

I just clicked the link. That's a pretty crappy song!  ;D

I think I have only seen 4 non-Leone spags: THE MERCENARY, THE BIG GUNDOWN, DEATH RIDES A HORSE, and DJANGO.

And a few other Westerns from the late-60's/early-70's which I am not sure if they are spags or merely spag-influenced-AW'a, like DEATH RIDES A HORSE, MORE DEAD THAN ALIVE and BARQUERO.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

« #12 : March 24, 2017, 04:36:59 PM »

I just clicked the link. That's a pretty crappy song!  ;D
And you're a pretty crappy judge.  ::)

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #13 : March 25, 2017, 10:38:22 AM »

I just clicked the link. That's a pretty crappy song!  ;D

I love it - it fits the style of the film perfectly. Morricone once again showing his genius.

I think I have only seen 4 non-Leone spags: THE MERCENARY...

If you liked "The Mercenary", then you'll definitely like "Companeros". Franco Nero returns but Tony Musante's role is replaced by Tomas Milian.

stanton
Bounty Killer

« #14 : March 25, 2017, 12:39:13 PM »

But Milian is a weak point of Companeros, his slimey overacting is not that good for the film, but the score is a real stunner. Many scenes in Companeros belong to the best the SW had to offer. But The Merceanry is more daring and has much more substance.

: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines