Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2021, 08:08:58 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Sad Hill Unearthed - The Documentary
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
: Sad Hill Unearthed - The Documentary  ( 61678 )
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #120 : December 20, 2018, 04:08:19 PM »

I'm gonna tell my wife that "mouth to mouth is essential." She needs to hear these verities from time to time.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #121 : December 20, 2018, 04:31:40 PM »

I'm gonna tell my wife that "mouth to mouth is essential." She needs to hear these verities from time to time.

I remember this from CPR class ;)

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #122 : December 21, 2018, 03:12:24 PM »

I just finished watching "Sad Hill Unearthed" on NetFlix.  Fans of Sergio Leone will adore it.  The Spanish guys who spearheaded the efforts were true fans, and some had relatives who had actually worked on the film.

Too bad Eastwood couldn't make it to Spain in person for the July 2016 dedication, but he did send a video.

I think it's time that we Americans do a similar restoration of the arch in Monument Valley used in "Once Upon a Time in the West".  I've been to that location, and that would be tons easier to restore than the Sad Hill Cemetery was. 

Lil Brutto
Bounty Killer

« #123 : December 22, 2018, 12:11:31 AM »

I just finished watching the doc on Netflix and I thoroughly enjoyed it. As a die hard fan I really admire their passion, dedication and perseverance. Above all Clint Eastwood's video message made it all worth it for them.

Of course they couldn't have done it alone. All the volunteers should be proud of their hard work. I'm also thankful to those who donated to the cause from around the world for making this happen.

Great to see our fellow member, Peter C. Hanley (aka username Hanley/Clinton) contribute to the doc.

« : December 22, 2018, 12:20:15 AM Lil Brutto »

I was an honest farmer. Now I'm Lil Brutto!
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #124 : December 22, 2018, 03:40:03 AM »

I just finished watching "Sad Hill Unearthed" on NetFlix.  Fans of Sergio Leone will adore it.  The Spanish guys who spearheaded the efforts were true fans, and some had relatives who had actually worked on the film.

Too bad Eastwood couldn't make it to Spain in person for the July 2016 dedication, but he did send a video.

I think it's time that we Americans do a similar restoration of the arch in Monument Valley used in "Once Upon a Time in the West".  I've been to that location, and that would be tons easier to restore than the Sad Hill Cemetery was. 

Agree!

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #125 : December 23, 2018, 07:20:13 PM »

All it takes to get started is permission . . . .

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Cusser
Bounty Killer

« #126 : December 24, 2018, 07:41:36 AM »

All it takes to get started is permission . . . .

It's on the Navajo Nation

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #127 : December 24, 2018, 03:33:53 PM »

I wonder if you approach the Navajo Tribe with a proposal for the restoration. Fort Apache was shot at Gouldings.

Harmonica was a half breed could make the case that he was Mexican/Navajo, no? An extra attraction to bring in more tourist dollars to the tribe. Maybe we could even get Goulding's involved.

Worth a shot, follow Sad Hill Unearthed's playbook.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
uncknown
Bounty Killer

What about me?

« #128 : December 29, 2018, 02:48:36 PM »

Wonderful film about a bunch of id..idi..idiots ; as obsessed as I am!
Bruce Marshall

"Other Morton's will come along  and they'll kill it off"

My article on the restoration of the The Big Gundown
http://thekinskifiles.blogspot.com/2009/01/cinemaretro-13-big-gundown.html
emmo26
Gunslinger

« #129 : December 30, 2018, 03:16:28 AM »

Any chance of uploading the documentary on youtube?

This cheapskate doesn't believe in subscribing to things that take much longer to terminate your contract, than signing up to netflix just to watch one show

**************** ZZ TOP´s 1st Gig **************
Cusser
Bounty Killer

« #130 : December 30, 2018, 08:02:44 AM »

Maybe we could even get Goulding's involved.

On my trip to the arch (yes I blared the film score music while there) we did stop at Gouldings; in their gift shop there were numerous books about films shot in Monument Valley, and NOT ONE even mentioned Once Upon a Time in the West.  I looked through the indexes for "Once Upon a Time in the West" and "Sergio Leone".

uncknown
Bounty Killer

What about me?

« #131 : December 30, 2018, 04:17:33 PM »

It is really gratifying to see that so many fans of the film are young!
I guess no matter which version they watch, no matter what language, the greatness shines through!

"Other Morton's will come along  and they'll kill it off"

My article on the restoration of the The Big Gundown
http://thekinskifiles.blogspot.com/2009/01/cinemaretro-13-big-gundown.html
Leonardo
Gunslinger

"So you're not a businessman after all.."

« #132 : December 31, 2018, 04:54:18 AM »

I wonder if you approach the Navajo Tribe with a proposal for the restoration. Fort Apache was shot at Gouldings.

Harmonica was a half breed could make the case that he was Mexican/Navajo, no? An extra attraction to bring in more tourist dollars to the tribe. Maybe we could even get Goulding's involved.

Worth a shot, follow Sad Hill Unearthed's playbook.
To restore the arch would surely not cost too much and I cannot see why the Navajo Tribe shouldn't give the permission to go ahead. Unfortunately I live in Italy, but some of our friends in USA could maybe sound them out??? As I already did with Sad Hill Unearthed, I promise I will contribute financially once we get permission. I'm pretty sure if only 30% of the board's members contribute, we can cover all costs easily . C'mon American friends (C.J., Dave, Drink etc.): get the ball rolling!!!

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #133 : December 31, 2018, 06:29:41 AM »

To restore the arch would surely not cost too much and I cannot see why the Navajo Tribe shouldn't give the permission to go ahead. Unfortunately I live in Italy, but some of our friends in USA could maybe sound them out??? As I already did with Sad Hill Unearthed, I promise I will contribute financially once we get permission. I'm pretty sure if only 30% of the board's members contribute, we can cover all costs easily . C'mon American friends (C.J., Dave, Drink etc.): get the ball rolling!!!

I doubt money will be an issue; it’s finding people to do the job. Most of the SLWBers in America are probably in the New York area, which is 2300 miles (3700 km) from Monument Valley.

Cusser lives in Arizona ...

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Cusser
Bounty Killer

« #134 : December 31, 2018, 08:20:55 AM »

I doubt money will be an issue; it’s finding people to do the job. Most of the SLWBers in America are probably in the New York area, which is 2300 miles (3700 km) from Monument Valley.

Cusser lives in Arizona ...

I'm 5 hours away by driving, 336 miles.  And likely the closest. 

I'm retired now, but would participate.  To rebuild the fallen center section in rock, would need some kind of construction engineer.  I don't know where the red stones were obtained from, but the near vicinity does not have any; I believe that the center section was wood/styrofoam.  You can see that there are no fallen stones in the center.  Looks like some of the arch is hand-made bricks, some just stones.

From the film

Here's an arch copy from Fort Bravo/Texas Hollywood park in Almeria

Here's from The Simpsons

: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines