Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2022, 02:19:03 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Bogdanovich interview March 2019
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Bogdanovich interview March 2019  ( 2575 )
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

« : March 05, 2019, 09:54:39 AM »

https://www.vulture.com/2019/03/peter-bogdanovich-in-conversation.html

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #1 : March 05, 2019, 03:52:14 PM »

thanks.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #2 : March 05, 2019, 05:38:41 PM »

wow, interesting read.

Bogdanovich's seems to be a sad story.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

« #3 : March 06, 2019, 08:49:14 AM »

Yeah, his account of his relationships with women should provide a cautionary tale for all who follow his example.

Hmm, now who on this board would that apply to  . . . ?

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #4 : March 06, 2019, 03:12:29 PM »

lol

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Leonardo
Gunslinger

"So you're not a businessman after all.."

« #5 : March 07, 2019, 08:06:37 AM »

Interesting.
We all know that in 1969 when Leone called P. Bogdanovich to Rome as a possible candidate for directing DYS, after a short while they didn't get along at all and eventually  Leone told him to pack his suitcase and leave. According to many interviews, P.B. always claimed that one of the reasons for the disagreement was that SL would always talk about close ups, whereas P.B. by his own admission didn't like close ups at all.
Yet in this interview 50 years later, he states that he shot a lot of close ups of Tatum O'Neal in Paper Moon and when asked "Can you create an award winning performance with close ups?" he replies "Oh yes you can. I did it a number of times"... 8) 8) :) :)

Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #6 : March 11, 2019, 07:25:28 PM »

Interesting.
We all know that in 1969 when Leone called P. Bogdanovich to Rome as a possible candidate for directing DYS, after a short while they didn't get along at all and eventually  Leone told him to pack his suitcase and leave. According to many interviews, P.B. always claimed that one of the reasons for the disagreement was that SL would always talk about close ups, whereas P.B. by his own admission didn't like close ups at all.
Yet in this interview 50 years later, he states that he shot a lot of close ups of Tatum O'Neal in Paper Moon and when asked "Can you create an award winning performance with close ups?" he replies "Oh yes you can. I did it a number of times"... 8) 8) :) :)

That's a really good point!

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines