Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2021, 11:28:34 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Coronavirus COVID-19
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3 ... 9
: Coronavirus COVID-19  ( 16145 )
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« : March 04, 2020, 02:43:33 PM »

The hysteria seems way worse than the virus !

6 people in New York state are infected- 5 of them live in DJ's own Westchester County. And others there are under quarantine. There likely will be more cases there announced shortly.

« : March 12, 2020, 07:23:58 PM drinkanddestroy »

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #1 : March 07, 2020, 05:25:14 PM »

They announced today that 5 more people were infected in Westchester. Total of 10 now.

And guess what ... I was just at a conference with 18,000 people in Washington a few days ago. And now they sent everyone an email that a few of the people at the conference may have had some connection with one of the infected people in Westchester.

Nobody at the conference has coronavirus (yet). But those people who had connection with that Westchester guy are in quarantine now. And if it turns out that some of them have the virus, who knows if they won't quarantine all 18,000 of us.

I hope they make us quarantine. 14 straight days of ditching work, watching movies, and ordering Uber Eats. I'm looking forward to it.

They say now that 2 people at the conference tested positive for the virus, but as of now, we should just go about our business normally, unless we feel symptoms

« : March 09, 2020, 12:23:27 PM drinkanddestroy »

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
greenbudgie
Gunslinger

« #2 : March 09, 2020, 01:46:32 AM »

The virus is starting to take hold here in the UK. About 270 cases last time I heard. And 3 deaths. I'm not going to take the virus alert lightly and keep away from crowds. And wash my hands thoroughly after shopping.

« : March 09, 2020, 12:23:33 PM drinkanddestroy »

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #3 : March 09, 2020, 12:25:35 PM »

a quarter of the population of Italy is in quarantine.

Israel is being the most proactive/careful: They just announced that anyone arriving from any other country to Israel will have to go into quarantine

« : March 10, 2020, 10:48:47 AM drinkanddestroy »

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #4 : March 10, 2020, 02:44:48 AM »

In France it seems like everybody is getting ready for an Italy-like situation. Things have been speeding up quite a bit in the last couple of days.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #5 : March 10, 2020, 10:50:11 AM »

Italy has enacted severe travel restrictions on the entire country, not only the northern regions where there?s an outbreak.

Those northern areas are in quarantine (25% of population) but the other areas have severe restrictions also.

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #6 : March 10, 2020, 02:11:07 PM »

No big deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iCZ8AHwZ7o

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #7 : March 11, 2020, 12:21:51 PM »

Wow, that's the most frightening malady yet.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #8 : March 11, 2020, 06:29:27 PM »

Trump just announced a 30-day ban on flights from Europe, besides UK. (Exceptions for American citizens, who have been properly screened.)

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #9 : March 11, 2020, 09:48:04 PM »

Several members of Congress who attended the recent Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) quarantined themselves after an attendee who came into contact with them tested positive for COVID-19 https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/09/politics/doug-collins-self-quarantine-cpac/index.html

Tom Hanks and his wife have COVID-19 https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tom-hanks-wife-rita-wilson-012115497.html

an NBA player tested positive for the virus, and the entire NBA season is now suspended https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-suspends-2019-20-season-until-further-notice-after-rudy-gobert-reportedly-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/

« : March 12, 2020, 07:20:13 AM drinkanddestroy »

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #10 : March 12, 2020, 01:24:24 AM »

Our minister of culture was tested positive... exactly one week after he attented the Cesar ceremony (the French Oscars). I don't know how many hands he shook that night but the whole French cinema industry is probably already DEAD.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #11 : March 12, 2020, 03:21:45 AM »

Our minister of culture was tested positive... exactly one week after he attented the Cesar ceremony (the French Oscars). I don't know how many hands he shook that night but the whole French cinema industry is probably already DEAD.
All those in their 80s, no doubt.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #12 : March 12, 2020, 04:26:22 AM »

All those in their 80s, no doubt.

As a way to clean up the academy, this is gonna be much more efficient than the feminist outrage we got at the ceremony.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #13 : March 12, 2020, 07:23:35 PM »

In the last 24 hours, the shit really hit the fan in the USA.

Here in New York state, crowds over 500 people have been banned. No more concerts or ballgames. Museums and opera halls, etc., all closed. St. Patricks Day Parade is canceled.

The National Basketball Association last night suspended its season after a player caught the virus (a teammate subsequently caught it.) The National Hockey League today suspended its season. Major League Baseball, set to begin its season at the end of this month, announced a postponement of at least two weeks. Major League Soccer and college basketball playoffs are also affected.

Back here in NY, people are freaking out about a potential mass quarantine/lockdown like Italy, and buying essential items out of stores. Things like water, soap, hand sanitizer, cleaning supplies, and toilet paper are hard to find in stores.

The NYC health commissioner said this may last until September.

Here is an article about how Hollywood and the wider entertainment industry are affected, and new movies are being delayed.

https://apnews.com/31817b854e28b48fe64844478a3f1889

Without sports to watch, I?ll be watching movies even more now. Yeah, I bet this pandemic is good for companies like Netflix. And Uber Eats. People will be staying home, watching movies and ordering food.

« : March 13, 2020, 07:33:05 AM drinkanddestroy »

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #14 : March 13, 2020, 01:31:18 AM »

Don't worry, your red-headed bloke is in control of this Democratic hoax.  8)

Actually the shit had hit the fan over there already  a week ago, at least in some states. I mean that some items were sold out f.e. in the state of Washington  (so I'm told by a friend in Seattle). Did anybody in the media made it known? Apparently not.

« : March 13, 2020, 01:35:24 AM titoli »

: [1] 2 3 ... 9  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines