Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2022, 07:16:48 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Third Man (1949)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
: The Third Man (1949)  ( 31906 )
stanton
Bounty Killer

« #75 : April 03, 2018, 08:01:05 AM »

We could but then we'd be stuck with him... No thank you :P

Ok, that's pretty reasonable ...

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

« #76 : April 03, 2018, 11:20:25 AM »

He makes music for people who don't like music.

Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qe7n9PkCvE

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

« #77 : April 03, 2018, 11:24:10 AM »

That's okay, we like to pretend he isn't Dutch. He's from the southern most part of the Netherlands anyways, what they speak there barely passes for Dutch anyways ;D

Sounds like he's almost... ehm... French! :D

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

« #78 : April 03, 2018, 11:25:42 AM »

Btw, you snobs are full of it, lemme tell ya, this is great stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuMDjNQrdjY

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #79 : April 03, 2018, 02:42:54 PM »

Btw, you snobs are full of it, lemme tell ya, this is great stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuMDjNQrdjY

agree O0 O0 O0

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #80 : December 10, 2020, 02:55:39 AM »

So, I come here to read about The Third Man and half the topic is hijacked by philistines who not only know of but actually LIKE Andre Rieu? What the hell.

Rieu is great, though I figure that stuffy purists wouldn't like him  ^-^

He isn't great, he destroys everything he touches. Including OUATITW. I don't think he's a bad guy and we can credit him for getting people who don't like "old music" to open to classical music. He isn't the worst perfomer though, it's more about everything around the "basic" (technically not good, not bad, but FAR TOO MUCH SYRUPY VIOLIN) performance: hair, costumes, lights, set design...

He's so ridiculous that in France you only need to mention his name for everybody in the room to laugh.

By the way, all the examples of "good Rieu" (which are all worst than the regular versions of these songs, ie the versions without Rieu) you guys posted are instances of somebody else being the star of the piece of music, and Rieu being in the background (which is a dream come true: put that guy away from the front row).

« : December 10, 2020, 03:01:19 AM noodles_leone »

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #81 : April 24, 2021, 07:53:39 PM »

The Third Man played recently on Noir Alley. Eddie Muller thinks it's one of the greatest movies ever. I think it's one of the most overrated movies ever. Not bad, but not nearly as great as people make it out to be.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #82 : April 24, 2021, 07:54:23 PM »

Eddie Muller's intro  https://youtu.be/HdFnMYt8foY

Eddie Muller's outro  https://youtu.be/V39gw3VWrUM

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #83 : May 22, 2021, 11:52:59 AM »

The Third Man played recently on Noir Alley. Eddie Muller thinks it's one of the greatest movies ever. I think it's one of the most overrated movies ever. Not bad, but not nearly as great as people make it out to be.

I think it?s one of the greatest ever.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #84 : May 22, 2021, 05:47:23 PM »

I'm with Drink on this one.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #85 : May 23, 2021, 01:41:17 PM »

So am I, but it's been a long time since I've last seen it. But it wouldn't crack my top 40 classic noirs.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines