Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 18, 2024, 11:06:00 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Upcoming Japan Trip
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Upcoming Japan Trip  ( 270 )
Rudra
Bandido

« : July 12, 2023, 07:55:19 AM »

Dear friends, me and my wife are planning a two week vacation in Japan sometimes this year (around August). Being a fan of post war Japanese cinema (Kurosawa/Kobayashi/Teshigahara/Okamoto), I would like to meet the legendary actor Mr. Tatsuya Nakadai. I realize that Mr. Nakadai is already past 90 and meeting him might be difficult but not impossible. But if there is a chance to meet him, I would like to grab it. Any input will be highly appreciated. Thank you.   

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #1 : July 12, 2023, 04:24:38 PM »

A worthy endeavor, but I rate your chance of success at slightly below zero.

However.

You could try this website: http://shigoto-kk.ciao.jp/

That link will take you to a page for an agency to which Mr. Nakadai belongs. They list a phone number and a fax number on the site (yes, Japanese companies still use faxes). You could try calling them, hoping that someone who answers can speak enough English to see if they'll pass your message along. Sending a fax, though, would probably be better.

Even if they are amenable, even if Mr. Nakadai gets your message, your short-notice request makes it almost a certainty he will be unavailable. You should have started this process a year ago.

Still, I wish you luck. If you are successful, please post something about your experience.

More info:
〒106-0032 4-9-2 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo Actors' Building 903
TEL 03-3470-2881 FAX: 03-3470-2980

« : July 12, 2023, 06:38:45 PM dave jenkins »

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Rudra
Bandido

« #2 : July 12, 2023, 10:58:51 PM »

Hi Dave,

Thank you so much for your response. I will try my best to get in touch with Mr. Nakadai's agency. I agree that people like him have their schedules set in advance. if not this year, then probably next year, even if I have to just go there to shake my hand with him for 5 seconds, it would be worth it! :) Thank you so much for the lead. I really appreciate it.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines