Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 18, 2024, 10:56:40 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Orson Welles
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 21 22 [23]
: Orson Welles  ( 125317 )
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #330 : March 21, 2019, 09:09:44 AM »

Agree, I may enjoy looking at the form of a sculpture, or be drawn into an Edward Hopper painting, but would not be necessarily entertained by it. I guess it's gonna all hinge on everyone's definitions of what constitutes "entertainment." You could broaden the definition to say anything you observe is to some degree briefly entertaining, a sunrise, thunderstorm, the moon, the Milky Way, etc. etc.

Yeah, in a way, even the most boring stuff I can imagine is at least a tad more entertaining to watch than nothing.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #331 : January 30, 2023, 05:36:11 PM »

Chimes is coming in 6K: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPE9pBNGsXA&t=4s

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Just an old friend.

« #332 : April 16, 2024, 11:02:42 AM »

Mr. Arkadin (1955) - 7/10

Welles movie by (almost) all means. Fantastic atmosphere, memorable shots/locatons, ambitious (although not very original) plot, solid performances (save Arden - hard to say whose fault is that).

From the moment Arkadin hires Van Stratten you know where it's going. Welles - great presence and all - at times unneccesary on screen. Some great little moments, also some missed cuts, in the end lacks the overall coherency to deliver.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #333 : April 16, 2024, 08:56:49 PM »

Mr. Arkadin (1955) - 7/10

Welles movie by (almost) all means. Fantastic atmosphere, memorable shots/locatons, ambitious (although not very original) plot, solid performances (save Arden - hard to say whose fault is that).

From the moment Arkadin hires Van Stratten you know where it's going. Welles - great presence and all - at times unneccesary on screen. Some great little moments, also some missed cuts, in the end lacks the overall coherency to deliver.

I hated it  :D

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Just an old friend.

« #334 : April 17, 2024, 02:30:53 AM »

I hated it  :D

Don't tell Groggy: I presume this type of businessman/gentleman is his cup of tea. Luckily for you, he's not around anymore. :D

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #335 : April 17, 2024, 05:44:15 AM »

I think i still have him on facebook. I might send him a screenshot to lure him back here then it's your job to hold him tight.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Just an old friend.

« #336 : April 17, 2024, 11:52:30 AM »

I think i still have him on facebook. I might send him a screenshot to lure him back here then it's your job to hold him tight.

Of all the old members I miss those fervent Bolsheviks the most.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #337 : April 17, 2024, 01:53:11 PM »

I have emailed Groggy from time to time asking him to come back. I think he popped in once or twice.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Just an old friend.

« #338 : April 17, 2024, 11:35:46 PM »

I have emailed Groggy from time to time asking him to come back. I think he popped in once or twice.

What's his story/excuse for not being here? (In short lines.)

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #339 : April 18, 2024, 08:33:32 AM »

What's his story/excuse for not being here? (In short lines.)
Who cares what he says? It's obvious his commitment to Leone is Laodicean at best. I don't miss him (now, if titoli suddenly went AWOL, that would upset me).

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
: 1 ... 21 22 [23]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines