Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 13, 2024, 02:37:51 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Recent viewing
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Recent viewing  ( 260 )
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« : May 06, 2024, 04:50:01 AM »

Pretty much the only Westerns I've been watching have been old TV Westerns and occasional a film on cable. Every morning I'm on the laptop checking messages, posting and checking on here, when I'm not scheduled for any guide trips. So I usually put on the News, if its interesting enough I may watch it for an hour then I'll switch to H&I and the Western programs run Maverick - Wanted Dead Or Alive - Have Gun Will Travel - Rawhide - The High Chaparral - Cheyenne.

I may catch the end of a Maverick and then most of both Wanted and Have Gun (they run back to back half hour shows), occasionally I'll get a whole Rawhide. They are like comfort food for the mind, lol. The point is that you really get that Western Zeitgeist back and how it paved the way for the Spaghetti's to come in the 1960s.

I usually skip The High Chaparral, it's in color and is a sort of ranch based soap opera, I never liked them. the same thing with Bonanza, The Big Valley and all the others. Loner Westerns where the traveling stranger comes to town open up the storylines. Rawhide the whole trail herd and drovers move across the landscape, camp, visit nearby towns, come across unexpected things, etc., etc. Cheyenne was a loner too, If I remember right Cheyenne, Maverick, and Sugarfoot were in rotation each successive week you'd get a different one in the time slot.

As far as the films I'll catch the ones on TCM since there's no commercials especially if it's one I don't remember seeing. Most of them of course are formulaic and suck, lol.

So since I've been devling into more Film Noir lately I'm really loving the cinematography in The Outcasts of Poker Flat  (1952)

So if any of you haven't seen it it's free on YouTube here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b0a6CwB6ic

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #1 : May 06, 2024, 11:08:55 AM »

I have never watched a TV Western (of course, I didn't grow up with them like you did).

as for my recent movie viewings: the wife knows nothing about classic movies but has loved the ones I introduce her to, so I am watching the classics all over again. Our recent viewings have included the Dollars films, OUATITW, Sunset Blvd., Stalag 17, The Woman in the Window, Casablanca, Lawrence of Arabia, Port of Shadows, Le Cercle Rouge, The Tall T, Singing in the Rain (that one I had no interest in, but showed it entirely for her). The one movie she will never forgive me for showing is Hannibal ? it's a favorite of mine, but she'll never get me showing her that dinner scene! Every time we watch a movie she says, "Your record is still perfect ? except that one." My response is, "... especially that one!"

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #2 : May 06, 2024, 09:07:14 PM »

http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=8535.msg131643#msg131643

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines