Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 13, 2024, 02:53:36 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Leone on horseback
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Leone on horseback  ( 995 )
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« : May 18, 2024, 05:56:50 AM »

While cleaning up after Mrs. Cusser's 2 horses yesterday, I was wondering if Sergio Leone even knew how to ride a horse.  I found this photo online:

Also, ever notice in any western film or TV show that the town streets are clear of horse poop?  And believe me, they poop a lot, and even can poop while walking.  I guess horses keep the set crews busy.

I understand that no one wants to see a scene of Blondie feeding, brushing, or saddling his horse (in TV and films the horses seem to be always saddled and have their bridles on, etc.), just like we rarely see reloading of guns and only recall GBU showing Blondie cleaning his gun, not commonly shown....

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #1 : May 18, 2024, 08:15:42 AM »

There's that one Spaghetti Western Day of Anger with Gemma and Van Cleef where Gemma starts out as the town streetsweeper / horse poop shoveler.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Just an old friend.

« #2 : May 18, 2024, 11:05:57 AM »

To make the OWW a mythical place, obviously, a lot of omissions had to be made. It often crossed my mind how those people must have smelled. (Not that I'd really care to find out in person.)

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Just an old friend.

« #3 : May 18, 2024, 11:10:44 AM »

There's that one Spaghetti Western Day of Anger with Gemma and Van Cleef where Gemma starts out as the town streetsweeper / horse poop shoveler.

And that was seen as an exaggeration inimical to SWs. This sort of tossing around and in the story of less than noble motifs otherwise passed over in traditional AWs.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #4 : May 19, 2024, 07:05:07 AM »

I first saw Day of Anger at theater in summer 1970, but I couldn't remember if Scott Mary was collecting horse waste or human waste.

I really liked the duel on horseback with the muskets big time !!!  All to Riz Ortolani's music.

And I remember Al Mulock in this in a small part as Wild Jack.

« : May 19, 2024, 07:08:48 AM Cusser »
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Just an old friend.

« #5 : May 19, 2024, 07:07:15 AM »

Primarily human, but also living in the stables. So effectively: both.

labavi
Road Apple

« #6 : June 29, 2024, 04:06:41 AM »

While cleaning up after Mrs. Cusser's 2 horses yesterday, I was wondering if Sergio Leone even knew how to ride a horse.  I found this photo online: heardle

Also, ever notice in any western film or TV show that the town streets are clear of horse poop?  And believe me, they poop a lot, and even can poop while walking.  I guess horses keep the set crews busy.

I understand that no one wants to see a scene of Blondie feeding, brushing, or saddling his horse (in TV and films the horses seem to be always saddled and have their bridles on, etc.), just like we rarely see reloading of guns and only recall GBU showing Blondie cleaning his gun, not commonly shown....

So cool

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines