Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:47:48 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Chris Frayling
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Chris Frayling  ( 5260 )
iceman
Bounty Killer

« : December 09, 2004, 04:06:53 PM »

Maybe a daft question but who is Chris Frayling and why is he so popular?

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
Nobody
Gunslinger

Nobody, but Nobody, knows the trouble he's in!

« #1 : December 09, 2004, 05:37:46 PM »

Christopher Frayling has written an excellent 500 page biography on Sergio Leone, as well as a great book on spaghetti westerns in general. If you are a fan, both are worth checking out, especially the Leone biography, called Something To Do With Death.

"As boys, they said they would die for each other. As men, they did."
Jupa
Gunslinger

Viva Leone!

« #2 : December 29, 2004, 03:36:34 PM »

Christopher Frayling is probably the most knowledgeable person in regard to spaghetti westerns.His books "Something to do with Death" and "Spaghetti westerns - Cowboys and Europeans:From Karl May to Sergio Leone" are the best books on spaghetti westerns available.

DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

« #3 : December 30, 2004, 03:54:53 AM »

i think he''s some kind of art college aficionado cos ive seen him interviewed on channel four news in the UK and it def wasnt Leone related. i think his sergio leone book is very informative but its very sycophantic.

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #4 : December 30, 2004, 04:28:44 AM »

Fron the book jacket: He''s the Rector of the Royal College of Art in London where he is the Professor of Cultural History

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Picabo
Chicken Thief

« #5 : December 31, 2004, 09:38:47 AM »

Hey guys!
I just ordered "Something to do with death"! Can''t wait to receive it! Too bad it isn''t available in french but english will do it. :)

John Baldwin
Gunslinger

Do you recognize this string ???

« #6 : December 31, 2004, 09:46:42 AM »

Hey guys!
I just ordered "Something to do with death"! Can''''t wait to receive it! Too bad it isn''''t available in french but english will do it. :)
Yeah, too bad... But one day, I''ll read it in English. One day...

Le monde se divise en deux catégories: ceux qui ont un revolver chargé, et ceux qui creusent; toi tu creuses...
Danny
Bandido

People scare easier when they're dyin'

« #7 : January 03, 2005, 02:03:09 AM »

"Something to do with death" is a great book. Tells a lot details of the Leone movies.

The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

« #8 : January 03, 2005, 06:33:54 AM »

First off, he''''''''s a Sir Christopher Frayling, and the head of some major cultural bureaucracy in England.  And, as the other guys say, he certainly knows his stuff with regard to these movies.  Something about his tone rubbed me the wrong way when I''''''''ve skimmed the Leone bio and his interviews: hard to describe, maybe just a standard whiff of ivory-tower film snob.  So I''''''''m not really pleading on bended knee for him to do the FOD/FAFDM commentraks like everybody else is.  Don''''''''t mind me though, I''''''''m just a n00b.  :)

I think his just outside that snob critique of film. Hes a ''''foaming at the mouth'''' fan and gets excited about Leone''''s films (listening to OUATITW commentry).. And would proberly talk the legs of a chair in a Pub discussion, if given the chance. 
Where film critics don''''t actually like film anymore.. They use to... now its a job.
Most talk alot but say very little.

« : January 03, 2005, 06:37:59 AM The Smoker »

Jupa
Gunslinger

Viva Leone!

« #9 : January 03, 2005, 07:31:38 AM »

I loved Chris''s OUATITW commentary.He seemed genuinely interested in Leone''s films.His love towards spaghettis is real.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines