Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 20, 2022, 03:08:42 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Tarantino
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3 ... 9
: Tarantino  ( 52532 )
Il Buono
Gunslinger

You're the son of a thousand fathers!

« : February 15, 2003, 07:33:15 AM »

I have noticed you guys don't speak much of Quentin Tarantino...  Do you like his films?  You probably know that he's very inspired by Leone's work, think about the three-way-gundown in Reservoir Dogs (~GBU), the musical pocket watch (~FDM) and the samurai sword (~Yojimbo?) in Pulp Fiction...  (forget Jackie Brown, that wasn't a very good one) I think such films Leone would be doing if he were alive now...

Your ass is grass... And I am the lawnmower
shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

« #1 : February 15, 2003, 11:30:15 AM »

Good remark. I saw Reservoir Dogs recently for te first time and I didn't noticed at all the three-way-gundown scene resemblance with Leone's one.

Good movie Reservoir dogs. But I hated Pulp Fiction.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #2 : February 15, 2003, 05:14:43 PM »

He had a bit part in the bar in Desperado with Antonio Banderas which was very SW influenced.  

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Il Buono
Gunslinger

« #3 : February 16, 2003, 09:33:30 AM »

Good remark. I saw Reservoir Dogs recently for te first time and I didn't noticed at all the three-way-gundown scene resemblance with Leone's one.

Good movie Reservoir dogs. But I hated Pulp Fiction.

Okay, not that the gundown in Reservoir Dogs was a blueprint of GBU's, but it could have influenced him, don't you think?

And why hate Pulp Fiction?

caius
Bandido

"bravo!"

« #4 : February 17, 2003, 04:33:44 AM »

Strange you don't like .  i don't really like Resevoir dogs, i prefer Pulp Fiction, very very cool.  Tarrantino is good but overrated

I hate signatures, so naf, but i had to put this up for a week or so to show my respect

r.i.p. joe strummer.  great man, great band
TBPJMR
Bandido

« #5 : February 17, 2003, 05:29:12 AM »

I like very much Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs too, and I like too the only other Tarantino film I have seen by now, that is Jackie Brown. I don't really remember if the three-way-gundown (the triello) is likely to that of GBU but it is sure that, as Cigar Joe says, Tarantino had it in mind when he wrote and shoot the scene.
I agreed with the statement that Tarantino is overrated.

Bye and bye

Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Il Buono
Gunslinger

« #6 : February 17, 2003, 01:15:12 PM »

Okay, okay, he's overrated, Reservoir Dogs was not a greatgreat movie, but I think Pulp Fiction really is a masterpiece, on all levels... acting is great, good camerawork, good story structuring, music, atmosphere...  It's one of THE surprising movies of the nineties...

caius
Bandido

"bravo!"

« #7 : February 18, 2003, 01:43:45 PM »

Yeah Pulp fiction is a "great great" movie, but as we have both said resivior dogs isn't, although its damn cool.  Cult written all across it

I hate signatures, so naf, but i had to put this up for a week or so to show my respect

r.i.p. joe strummer.  great man, great band
shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

« #8 : April 20, 2003, 07:56:22 AM »

Saw an interview to Tarantino yesterday on the french tv.

He says loud and clear that Leone is probably his favourite filmaker.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
Hippieoddball1
Bandido

Life is funnier than shit.

« #9 : April 20, 2003, 10:59:15 AM »

I watched Jackie Brown for the first time last night and yeah that is shite. But i do like resevoir dogs and pulp fiction a lot.
There no doubt about it he is a superb writer but not a great director. What you remember from pulp fiction is the witty dialogue, there is'nt a particulat story to it really just short stories. Take True Romance which he wrote and did'nt direct that's good and also when Christian slater is talking to the director at the end he mentions some good films to him, the good, the bad and the ugly being one of them.

The reason you became a priest is because you were too much of a coward to do what i do.
Christopher

« #10 : April 20, 2003, 07:02:58 PM »

I've only seen Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown and I liked both a lot. I think I probably prefer Jackie Brown the most. I'm not sure why some others here don't think much of it.

I recall watching a documentary about Leone, and Tarantino was one of the people interviewed for it. He seemed to like him a lot.

Il Buono
Gunslinger

« #11 : April 21, 2003, 03:05:42 AM »

Yeah, and it's funny how they both are criticized for using extreme violence in their films, Leone in the 60s and Tarantino in the 90s.  Makes you think what will come next...

Mr.Filmbuff
Road Apple

Here is a man who stood up

« #12 : June 10, 2003, 05:26:30 PM »

Oh Man,Quentin Tarantino is one of my favorite film-makers and he is the best screen-writer and film-director to ever set foot in the film industry of the 1990's. Tarantino is the reason why I am a movie fanatic. He also got me into Leone Films. Reservoir Dogs is the best indepent film i ever seen. Pulp Fiction is THE best film of the 1990's. Pulp Fiction is kind of like a Modern-Day Spaghetti Western. Jackie Brown is the most underrated film I have ever seen. He revived John Travolta's and Robert Forster's careers. I cannot wait for QT's Kill Bill this year. Kill Bill will be a Exploitation Film Epic. Kill Bill is starring Uma Thurman, David Carradine, Lucy Liu, Daryll Hannah, Vicca A. Fox, Michael Madsen, and the incredible Sonny Chiba. I heard that when he is done with Kill Bill,he might work on a WWII Epic Film titled Inglorius Bastards.

aaronson
Gunslinger

« #13 : June 11, 2003, 12:13:16 AM »

Saw an interview to Tarantino yesterday on the french tv.

He says loud and clear that Leone is probably his favourite filmaker.

Sorry but don't forget JP Melville who influenced strongly John Woo and Tarantino as they said themselves.
In fact John Huston was the master of JP Melville and thru France and China (Woo) it's a" from US to US" story  

sempre sempre ci ni sara banditinelli in macchia Corsa
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #14 : June 15, 2003, 02:22:59 AM »

tarantino isn't overated, i think. Everybody knows that his movies don't have any signification, in french i would say that he isn't a "deep" director. In the major part od his movies, the story hasn't any importance. The point is the way he tellls the story... he makes films just for tell a story, not for the story.

I think it is evident (english?) that leone has a strong influence on him. For Leone, the "time" in the movies has not to be the same as the real time. The time in the movies is FOR the movies; and taratino think the same.

I'm sure that pulp fiction was done by tarantino as a reference to ouatia.

: [1] 2 3 ... 9  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines