Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2021, 07:29:38 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  A band you may like!
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: A band you may like!  ( 4785 )
CloseUpEye
Chicken Thief

"...Squish you like a wormy apple"

« : December 19, 2004, 07:52:52 AM »

Folks -
  Look like a friend's band in Minneapolis (my hometown) has just issued their first recording. The name of the band is Spaghetti Western, and they are naturally, very Morricone influenced. If I wasn't in Phoenix, I would run back up there to join them and/or have them score my films. Worth a google search in "Spaghetti Western" "band" & "minneapolis" I have yet to contact them to see if the homepage is up yet, but if it is, I will post the link. Meanwhile, I will see if I can find a few MP3s to share with you all. The local Minneapolis reviews are giving them high praise, and it's well deserved, they are that good!

Picabo
Chicken Thief

« #1 : December 19, 2004, 02:38:57 PM »

http://www.spaghettiwesternmusic.com/  :)

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #2 : December 20, 2004, 04:09:39 PM »

Hey nice site and cool tunes, thanks for the link.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
CloseUpEye
Chicken Thief

"...Squish you like a wormy apple"

« #3 : December 22, 2004, 08:42:24 AM »

Thanks MUCH, Picabo, for finding the page!
Woohooy!
  .. and that's Joe for enjoying them! Nice to hear it from one the 'Godfathers' of this site!

Ify
Chicken Thief

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face!

« #4 : January 07, 2005, 04:41:55 PM »

You might want to check out the ''Mexican Spaghetti Western'' music by "Chingon", Robert Rodriguez''s band. He makes some cool music, and his score for Kill Bill was excellent. At first I was saddened that Quentin Tarantino turned down the offer of $1 million for Morricone to make a score for Kill Bill, but when I heard Rodriguez''s music, I was thrilled. It''s brilliant.

http://www.chingonmusic.com

"This CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema. If i'd wanted all that computer game bullshit, I'd have gone home and stuck my dick in my Nintendo" -Quentin Tarantino
Danny
Bandido

People scare easier when they're dyin'

« #5 : January 10, 2005, 11:46:30 AM »

You might want to check out the ''''Mexican Spaghetti Western'''' music by "Chingon", Robert Rodriguez''''s band. He makes some cool music, and his score for Kill Bill was excellent. At first I was saddened that Quentin Tarantino turned down the offer of $1 million for Morricone to make a score for Kill Bill, but when I heard Rodriguez''''s music, I was thrilled. It''''s brilliant.

http://www.chingonmusic.com

This sounds great!  :o
I''m gonna buy the album for sure.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines