Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2021, 12:53:00 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The brother/sister "twist"-is there a point to it?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: The brother/sister "twist"-is there a point to it?  ( 12808 )
derringdo

« : December 27, 2004, 08:59:39 AM »

deleted

« : December 28, 2007, 04:14:08 PM derringdo »
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #1 : December 29, 2004, 03:27:53 AM »

Isn''t Indio younger looking in the flashback also? This would suggest it happened years before.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #2 : December 29, 2004, 03:52:02 AM »

The brother-sister connection always seemed straightforward to me.  Also, Mortimer was from the South, where likely defending a woman''s honor or family''s honor would extend after her death.

DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

« #3 : December 29, 2004, 04:52:05 AM »

The brother-sister connection always seemed straightforward to me.  Also, Mortimer was from the South, where likely defending a woman''''s honor or family''''s honor would extend after her death.

Same here Cusser. As usual we fans try to complicate things that are actually quite straightforward.  ;D

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
Beebs

« #4 : June 29, 2005, 04:32:21 PM »

I think DJIMBO hit the nail on the head. Beautifully put sir. ;D

We do, as fans, sometimes blow things out of porportion and perhaps take a quote and make it bigger than the speaker or Mr. Leone intended it to be.

Two posts come to mind where this is extreme. Tuco and the Ecstacy in GBU and Eastwood on War posted by me to experiment with this point. ;D oh ya, its under GBU as well.

Beebs

« #5 : June 30, 2005, 07:15:07 AM »

I guess I didn't really put out my opinion on the subject. i think the relationship of the Colonel and the girl is pretty straitforward as brother and sister. I can see how it can be seen that the Col. is the father as Indio doesn't look that much younger.

iceman
Bounty Killer

« #6 : July 03, 2005, 01:04:01 PM »

For goodness sake whats hard work about  brother and sister... " ....likeness.....should be between brother and sister" etc. So he was a little older than her maybe and wanted revenge against him that caused her death. like Cusser says  " its straight forwardly obvious.

Ice

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
Beebs

« #7 : July 14, 2005, 08:16:31 AM »

As I said before we can all sum up with Mr. Djimbo's answer above.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

« #8 : June 08, 2007, 09:06:55 AM »

I guess what usually makes people think about different options is the fact that Mortimer actually isn't that similar to the girl, in contrary to what they say in the film.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
poderator
Bandido

« #9 : June 09, 2007, 03:00:12 PM »

Col. Mortimer is her brother, and that guy in the flashback is her husband. Most obvious answer.
 O0

Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

« #10 : June 10, 2007, 03:00:14 AM »

But the young man in flashback gave her the pocket watches. On the one watch is she, but who's on the other? If Mortimer, than why? I buy two watches for me and for my wife, than it's illogacial when her brother's portrait is in... If the boy, than they are Mortimer's children.

How did Mortimer know, what happened? He came home and found them dead, and one of the watches is missing.

"Does this unit have a soul?"
Man with no dame

« #11 : June 10, 2007, 05:20:12 AM »

But the young man in flashback gave her the pocket watches. On the one watch is she, but who's on the other? If Mortimer, than why? I buy two watches for me and for my wife, than it's illogacial when her brother's portrait is in... If the boy, than they are Mortimer's children.

How did Mortimer know, what happened? He came home and found them dead, and one of the watches is missing.
  It's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma, surrounded by a puzzle!

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #12 : June 10, 2007, 07:22:58 PM »

On the one watch is she, but who's on the other?

Most likely the husband, no? She has his picture and he hers

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

« #13 : June 11, 2007, 01:41:20 AM »

But what about Monco's words and the Colonel's answer, if the wife and the husband are on the watches?

We shall ask Clint. Maybe he knows...  >:D

"Does this unit have a soul?"
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

« #14 : June 11, 2007, 12:10:10 PM »

But what about Monco's words and the Colonel's answer, if the wife and the husband are on the watches?

Wasn't Mortimer holding Indio's watch at the moment? Then Manco would be referring to the woman in it and to Mortimer himself...

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines