Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2021, 01:06:01 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Your current local cinema ticket prices?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2] 3
: Your current local cinema ticket prices?  ( 12954 )
UNKNOWN GRAVE
Road Apple

UNK UNK ????

« #15 : February 15, 2005, 07:55:57 PM »

In NYC, it depends on the theater.  Manhattan doesn't have matinees and the prices are usually $10.50 or so.  Some theaters are a little cheaper,  but those are crappy ones. A couple are more.

In the boroughs you can get matinees for $6-8.50 but thats usually just first show, some are all shows before 1PM but they will start movies at 1:05 so no matinees for some movies LOL. IMAX is expensive, I forgot what it was.
But the best bang for the buck is the Planetarium Show at the Museum of Natural History.  That is $20 or so I think.
Broadway shows are crazy prices and off broadway are nearly as bad.

Christopher

« #16 : February 16, 2005, 09:50:11 AM »

At the theater near where I go to college at, it's $6.25 for matinee.

But back home, I like to go to a one screen theater that still only charges $2.50. :) And they're able to get some movies pretty fast after they've been released.

redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

« #17 : February 17, 2005, 11:51:11 AM »

Most places in the UK it's about £4 or £5 (about $7-8 I guess), which I don't find is too bad, specially when you sneak a bottle of Pernod in. Mind you I occasionally go to the NFT where a member's ticket is £6.99 (£7.99 non-members, £4.50 concessions) but it's worth it cos they show good stuff - I caught a new print of Mean Streets there a few weeks back for example.

It's class.
David Aaronson
Bandido

Noodles

« #18 : February 18, 2005, 09:04:56 AM »

But the best bang for the buck is the Planetarium Show at the Museum of Natural History.  That is $20 or so I think.
Broadway shows are crazy prices and off broadway are nearly as bad.
That's cinema? :o

Fat Moe: What have you been doing all these years?
Noodles: I've been going to bed early.
Jon0

« #19 : September 16, 2006, 03:14:38 PM »

$6 dollars in my hometown, family owned, up-state New York Theatre.

Haven't checked the prices at the places around my college.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #20 : September 16, 2006, 03:34:24 PM »

$0 right now. . .  ;D

Saturday nights with Groggy
Jon0

« #21 : September 16, 2006, 05:11:02 PM »

How does that work?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #22 : September 16, 2006, 08:47:49 PM »

he probably doesn't have a local cinema.

We have an old family owned one that's $5 which is pretty good

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #23 : September 17, 2006, 04:32:31 AM »

That's about right Cigar Joe.  We used to, but they decided to "rennovate" it (i.e. tear it down and replace it with a department store of some kind).  I'm not overly upset, since the theater was crap (scratchy pictures, overpriced refreshments, more gum under the seats than has been produced by BubbleYum ever, etc.), and apparently another one is going to be built up town.  The only problem with that is, I'll probably be gone by the time it's finished.  :'(

Saturday nights with Groggy
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

« #24 : September 17, 2006, 07:13:31 AM »

I don't go there much often, because usually I'm not interested in the films they play. But I think it's about 60 CZK (about 2.70 dollars). While in big cinemas in Prague it's about twice as much or more (but I never go there, so I really don't know). The best is going to old films, because they are cheap and more interesting.  ;D

Groggy, our local cinema also has poor quality. ;) The sound fades away sometimes and so on... I remember that in Legacy of Incas the picture started to move from bottom to upside very quickly - something like old slides, but much faster.
But still I prefer going there than to Prague - one of the reasons is, that if I went to Prague, it would take me long time and I would get back home very late. Another reason is the price. And third thing is, that there usually aren't many people in our local cinema, so nobody's chatting during the film or anything like that.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
franksgrandson
Gunslinger

just the man

« #25 : September 17, 2006, 03:57:25 PM »

down in our town we have a choice got to the Odeon costs between £5.00 to £6.00 but if you wait a bit the Playhouse here runs old movies mid week and its £2.00
when I say old movies just a few weeks ago they ran The Perfect Storm (pretty good on big screen)
but they have also shown Cassablanca, the original Cape Fear and the De Nero version as a double bill which was great.
They bill these things in a semi arty festival that runs 90 percent of the year.
Next one up I am gonna catch is Von Ryans Express

MORTON ONCE TOLD ME I COULD NEVER BE LIKE HIM, NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY
BeauButabi
Gunslinger

Hail to the king, baby!

« #26 : September 17, 2006, 04:28:06 PM »

$6.25 for a matinee, $8.25 for night time showings.

"Who the hell are you anyways, Smith?"
"I'm a British nanny, and I'm dangerous."
- Shoot 'Em Up (2007)
Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

It'll hurt if you are cut.

« #27 : September 18, 2006, 12:27:33 AM »

In Frisco, matinee is 6.75 to 7. Night ticket is around $10.

In Japan, ticket price for firsrt runs is average $20 or more. Just imagine, if you have a date and have to treat your date.

« : September 18, 2006, 12:33:41 AM Sanjuro »

<br />\"Be bold like an angel, meticulous like a devil.\" (Akira Kurosawa)
Amaze
Bounty Killer

I don't see any method at all, sir.

« #28 : September 18, 2006, 07:50:59 AM »

$13  ;D
shows before 4 p.m. on weekdays are $6

Tim

« #29 : September 18, 2006, 08:00:59 AM »

Just saw The Last Kiss Friday night and paid $8.50 for it.  Matinee showings are a little less, usually around $6.50 instead. 

: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines