Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 14, 2022, 05:11:26 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Same Poncho in all 3 films?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: Same Poncho in all 3 films?  ( 20854 )
iceman
Bounty Killer

« : February 11, 2005, 11:11:36 AM »

Just read on E Bay in a review of FOD that the poncho is the same one used in all 3 dollar films and was never washed or
replaced...see....
  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=309&item=6365643193&rd=1&tc=photo

If thats true what happened to the bullet holes in FOD?

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
Sensei
Bandido

« #1 : February 11, 2005, 10:23:42 PM »

I think so... I know Clint has commented that they only had one set of his wardrobe, so he had to bring his clothes with him to the hotel every night so it wouldn't get lost. I dont know if this goes for all of the clothes or just some, and if it's only for one of the movies or for all. Very likely it is.

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?
Tuco
iceman
Bounty Killer

« #2 : February 13, 2005, 10:40:15 AM »

I think so... I know Clint has commented that they only had one set of his wardrobe, so he had to bring his clothes with him to the hotel every night so it wouldn't get lost. I dont know if this goes for all of the clothes or just some, and if it's only for one of the movies or for all. Very likely it is.

Yeh I understand that but what happened to the bullet holes and his shirt was ripped to pieces......?

iceman
Bounty Killer

« #3 : March 12, 2005, 03:02:07 PM »

Yeh I understand that but what happened to the bullet holes and his shirt was ripped to pieces......?
Any more thought anyone?

Ice

redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

« #4 : March 19, 2005, 08:24:54 AM »

Same thing that happened to the bullet holes in his hat in FFDM?

It's class.
iceman
Bounty Killer

« #5 : March 19, 2005, 05:37:26 PM »

Same thing that happened to the bullet holes in his hat in FFDM?

If I recall the hat always had holes in it. My question was if the poncho had holes in it in FOD which was filmed 2 years before GBU, and there was only one poncho....what happened to the holes in GBU?

ICE

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #6 : March 20, 2005, 04:48:06 AM »

The evidence sugests that there were more than one poncho, perhaps one especially for the action & fx and one for the rest of the regular filming.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

« #7 : March 20, 2005, 10:05:14 AM »

Are there ACTUALLY holes in the poncho in FoD though? I mean I know he gets shot wearing it but did they actually go to the detail of putting holes in it in reality?

It's class.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #8 : March 20, 2005, 12:24:18 PM »

no we don't know its all speculation  ;D

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
iceman
Bounty Killer

« #9 : March 20, 2005, 01:33:43 PM »

Are there ACTUALLY holes in the poncho in FoD though? I mean I know he gets shot wearing it but did they actually go to the detail of putting holes in it in reality?

Good thought red...maybe they are just black dots stuck on which could be easily removed. Cant remember if you could actually see through them. I have read in one or two write ups that there was only one poncho and clint took it everywhere with him during filming..

Ice

Christopher

« #10 : March 21, 2005, 02:57:32 PM »

I had wondered the same thing. It's been a while since I've watched A Fistful of Dollars, so I wasn't sure if you could actually see the holes in the poncho. You only see the dents in the steel plate, right?

iceman
Bounty Killer

« #11 : March 21, 2005, 03:47:25 PM »

I had wondered the same thing. It's been a while since I've watched A Fistful of Dollars, so I wasn't sure if you could actually see the holes in the poncho. You only see the dents in the steel plate, right?

Hi Chris....just watched it again...and you cant really tell although they do look pretty real. Anyway guess we'll never know.

By the way...what a moderator do?

Ice

Christopher

« #12 : March 21, 2005, 04:03:23 PM »

By the way...what a moderator do?
Read through the threads and make sure nobody misbehaves. ;D

I'm curious now to watch that scene in FOD again. I don't remember the exact details of what is shown.

iceman
Bounty Killer

« #13 : March 22, 2005, 12:40:46 PM »

Read through the threads and make sure nobody misbehaves. ;D

How do you get that Job ??? ???

Ice

Poggle
Bounty Killer

« #14 : March 22, 2005, 07:04:14 PM »

I noticed something about FOD and FFDM - in FOD it's his left hand that gets crushed but the brace is on his right hand in FFDM.

: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines