Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 10, 2022, 02:14:21 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Same Poncho in all 3 films?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2] 3
: Same Poncho in all 3 films?  ( 20822 )
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #15 : March 23, 2005, 03:40:34 AM »

You know I don't think the two items are really related, the wrist brace is an aid for someone who shoots a lot (Manco), I think its a matter of Leone having more dinero for sets, costumes, and production.

I'd have to watch bothe films again though, lol.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Christian
Chicken Thief

« #16 : April 17, 2005, 12:26:21 PM »

It was the same poncho, but in other movies Clint is wearing in the opposite way (the front is now the back) In fact, there is a scene in A Fistful of Dollar  when he arrive to El Paso (after talk with the boy and turn to the door hotel)  where you can see the holes that were repaired by a tailor, maybe

Adios Gringo

Christian

Christian
Chicken Thief

« #17 : April 17, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »

Sorry, I did a mistake. A mine For A Few Dollar More instead  A Fistful of Dolar

iceman
Bounty Killer

« #18 : April 17, 2005, 01:16:52 PM »

It was the same poncho, but in other movies Clint is wearing in the opposite way (the front is now the back) In fact, there is a scene in A Fistful of Dollar  when he arrive to El Paso (after talk with the boy and turn to the door hotel)  where you can see the holes that were repaired by a tailor, maybe

Adios Gringo

Christian

Well spotted Chris.....Question answered. Never thought of wearing it back to front and its certainley repaired....Well done

Ice

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
Christian
Chicken Thief

« #19 : April 18, 2005, 08:00:03 PM »

The only thing I`d want to know.... What happened with the Poncho?... Where is it?

Bye Gringo

Christian

iceman
Bounty Killer

« #20 : April 19, 2005, 01:15:51 PM »

The only thing I`d want to know.... What happened with the Poncho?... Where is it?

Bye Gringo

Christian

From previous topics on the board it is said Clint took the poncho after filming GBU and had it on display in his restaurant in Carmel

Ice

Christian
Chicken Thief

« #21 : May 05, 2005, 04:41:24 PM »

But... it`s that true.  Anybody saw it?  Or... Took it a picture at least?

Beebs

« #22 : June 05, 2005, 09:13:18 AM »

Well iceman,
I believe you have brought a very good point. Good question but back to Joe's reply, He did have one wardrobe and actually had to bring the cigars he smoked from the States. Had to put them out afer each take and save em so he wouldn't run out.
The had does have holes in it, or at least one.

by the way anyone know where i can get a hat like that for a good price?????

but in for few d m he get the hell shot out of it by the Colonel
interesting!

and he doesn't get the poncho til the church in GBU

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #23 : June 09, 2005, 11:43:29 AM »

When I was in his restaurant (Hog's Breath) in 1986, there was no spaghetti stuff on display.  But that doesn't rule out a back room or an office.

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

« #24 : July 29, 2005, 09:05:56 AM »

Here's a pic of those holes from GBU (near Eastwoods right shoulder)- I had a chance to see the real poncho this week at the Autry Museum Leone exhibit- and they match up exactly. 

The pic is huge by the way- enjoy.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

« #25 : July 29, 2005, 10:10:57 AM »

Hey, Jordan, how was the exhibit - I'm going in about ten days.  who "owns" the poncho, was there a sign, like does Clint own it and just donated it for the exhibit?  How crowded was the exhibit, like was there a wait (obviously you were a Turquise member or above - how were the special events at the special preview, since normal operation starts today/tomorrow) ???

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

« #26 : July 29, 2005, 10:46:06 AM »

Hey, Jordan, how was the exhibit - I'm going in about ten days.  who "owns" the poncho, was there a sign, like does Clint own it and just donated it for the exhibit?  How crowded was the exhibit, like was there a wait (obviously you were a Turquise member or above - how were the special events at the special preview, since normal operation starts today/tomorrow) ???

I've actually posted a mini-review in the sergio news section of the forum, you should check that out- to answer your questions specifically, Clint owns the poncho, it's been in his possesion since after GBU- he's loaned it to the exhibition for its duration. I went to the benifactor premeire - by purchasing the turquiose membership - so it was crowded, but not too bad. The "special events" were ok, if you didn't go, you didn't miss anything huge really. I was lucky enough to meet and talk with a few "celebraties" like Frayling, Mickey Knox, John Landis, Joe Dante and a couple of other people like the editor of this great new magazine called Cinema Retro. So that for me was the highlight. To go through everything, it'll probably take about 1-2 hours to really get to know the exhibit. There are some really cool things there that I won't mention- so I don't ruin your suprise.  I would say it's really worth the trip.   

Cusser
Bounty Killer

« #27 : August 11, 2005, 09:57:09 PM »

The poncho is at the Leone exhibit - I saw it there myself - Clint has had it all along.  The bullet holes from Fistful have been sewn closed.

HEX

« #28 : September 21, 2005, 10:31:07 AM »

THE HOLES IN THE PONCHO MYSTERY IS NOT THEONLY MYSTERY OF THE SACRED PONCHO. WHAT ABOUT THE COLOR OF IT. THE FIRST TWOFILMS IT IS GREEN. BUT IN GBU IT IS BROWN.SOMEONE ONCE TOLD ME THAT IT LOOKED BROWN BECAUSE OF COLOR SATURATION, BUT THAT IS BULLSHIT CUZ EVEN IN THE RESTORED VERSION IT IS BROWN.

iceman
Bounty Killer

« #29 : September 21, 2005, 10:40:22 AM »

The poncho is at the Leone exhibit - I saw it there myself - Clint has had it all along.  The bullet holes from Fistful have been sewn closed.

Cuss...To satisfy the colour discrepancy....what was the colour? ...green or brown?

ICE

: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines