Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:51:18 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Lucky Luke Comic Books
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 3 [4]
: Lucky Luke Comic Books  ( 32445 )
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #45 : January 26, 2010, 11:45:30 AM »

LL comics where great when Goscinny was still the author. After his death, they became average comics... and now that Morris' dead too, they really really suck.

elliot_belt
Chicken Thief

learn your horse.

« #46 : January 26, 2010, 11:57:17 AM »

Well, to be honest I was afraid that they would do after Morris' depature so I never looked into one of the issures published after his death, the last one sketched by him (#76, 'La Légende de l'Ouest') was the last one I read.

[...] the old man only said that it was pointless to speak of there being no horses in the world for God would not permit such a thing.
stanton
Bounty Killer

« #47 : January 27, 2010, 01:52:59 AM »

I've read a few of the post Goscinny LL comics, and the loss of quality was not as big as in the disappointing newer Asterix comics. The LLs were at least still readable, but of course the brilliance has gone.

Goscinny was a real genius. A comic god.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #48 : January 27, 2010, 08:38:04 AM »

When the scriptwriter dies, comics series tend to have a little quality lost in the first episode with the new writer, and then getting worst and worst with every new episode.

Examples:

Asterix (which is the one that got really bad)
Lucky Luke
Blueberry (Charlier was a real genius too...)

stanton
Bounty Killer

« #49 : January 28, 2010, 02:24:41 AM »

Charlier had talent in writing comics. But it's too often the same structure, and it's too much made for childs. And he often had problems with the ending. Many of his comics end much too fast because he hadn't enough pages left to make it proper.

The best Charlier comics are the ones in which Giraud had more influence.

I think that Greg in his classic series was the better writer. That's in the 70s in Comanche, Bernard Prince, Bruno Brazil, Luc Orient. These were more mature, but when they were continued in the 80s and 90s they became childish again, and the stories were much, much weaker. But Blueberry has also degenerated later, with and without Charlier.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #50 : January 28, 2010, 11:08:47 AM »

Blueberry, from "Le général Tête Jaune" to "Angel Face": only outstanding masterpieces. Before, they're comics for children, as you say. After, they became... nothing. Even if Giraud tried something nice with the Mister Blueberry comics (the last ones really suck).

« : January 28, 2010, 11:10:42 AM noodles_leone »

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #51 : January 28, 2010, 11:10:23 AM »

Never read anything from Greg I think...
(My personnal hero, when it comes to comics writers, being Hugo Pratt.)

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

« #52 : February 04, 2010, 05:06:02 AM »

The LL-issure featuring the bounty hunter as hommage to LVC of course is a must-have

Which I do have. :) But, I'm ashamed to say, it's the only issue I have. My sister's got much more of them. I guess it has to do with her already earning her own money...

If you'd prefer a comic really being influenced by the sw I would like to recommend 'Blueberry' or 'Durango' (first issure closley resembling the movie 'The great Silence') instead, but I'm sure you already know that.

I do, or rather, I used to know, but before I got more into comics (= realised I enjoyed it more than I thought), I forgot again. Thanks for reminding me.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
stanton
Bounty Killer

« #53 : February 04, 2010, 05:36:29 AM »

Never read anything from Greg I think...
(My personnal hero, when it comes to comics writers, being Hugo Pratt.)

Yes, Pratt was a genius.

elliot_belt
Chicken Thief

learn your horse.

« #54 : August 11, 2010, 02:26:56 PM »

Finally a pic of the metal miniature of Elliot Belt in front of the Saloon ;)

[...] the old man only said that it was pointless to speak of there being no horses in the world for God would not permit such a thing.
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

« #55 : August 12, 2010, 11:39:08 AM »

Put a puddle of soup on the ground in front of him and it will be perfect. ;)

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
elliot_belt
Chicken Thief

learn your horse.

« #56 : August 12, 2010, 01:11:00 PM »

Good point -  in fact I did but his horse drank it all up  ;D
Glad you like the miniature, it was hard to come by...

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #57 : August 13, 2010, 07:00:22 AM »

Finally a pic of the metal miniature of Elliot Belt in front of the Saloon ;)

Pixie?

elliot_belt
Chicken Thief

learn your horse.

« #58 : August 13, 2010, 02:58:14 PM »

Atlas in fact. I assume that Atlas is somehow related to Pixi because some of their miniatures resemble those of Pixi quite close but I don't know if that is actually the case.
The miniature of Elliot Belt was published in France only and was a limited piece of course (as is all of Pixi) and I (based in Germany) was lucky to get it. The small town in the background is Pixi with some small additions by DecoToys ("Tunique Bleues") and I always thought to know the Pixi product range until I saw Elliot Belt who is not available as Pixi miniature, the publishing strategy behind this being rather strange (if there is one at all), e.g. Billy the Kid exists as miniature while Jesse James doesn't...

: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines