Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 22, 2024, 08:01:01 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  What is(are) your favorite Leone character introduction(s)?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: What is(are) your favorite Leone character introduction(s)?  ( 3082 )
Poggle
Bounty Killer

« : February 20, 2005, 07:58:12 PM »

One thing I like a lot about Leone movies is that he would spend 30 minutes introducing characters one by one as seperate, irrelevant stories and then seemlessly transist into a plot that slowly connects them all perfectly, which is where the true plot begins.  8) Amazing...

I'd have to say my favorite is OUATITW. Done to perfection. The music is so diverse and emotionally provocative and the characters are so unique and defined.
Frank's introduction gives me shivers up the spine every time I see it.

shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

« #1 : May 16, 2005, 12:51:29 PM »

No doubt to me: James Coburn/Sean introduction before the explosions and in that motrocycle!

Each one for himself, and God against all.
jerkface
Bandido

You eat guts.

« #2 : May 16, 2005, 01:15:48 PM »

That's a no contest for me too:

Once Upon A Time In The West.

The introduction of Harmonica, Frank, and Jill. The film is perfect as a whole, but that first half hour or so is just jaw-dropping. Recently I was hanging out with some friends, and I popped it in. Within a few minutes everyone was totally sucked in. It went from party time to movie time immediately. It was surprising, a lot of young people today have no tolerance for films that take their time. Leone lets so many scenes play out much longer than other directors would. I love that about his films, the way they take their time.

Anyway, yeah, OUATITW. I like Clint's introduction in GBU, but it's not nearly as cool. And yeah, Juan pissing on an ant hill is pretty good. Ah, hell, it's all good.

"Well... that's just like, your opinion, man"
redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

« #3 : May 17, 2005, 03:27:41 AM »

Not sure if it really counts as an introduction, but another good one is Noodles - the first reference we see to him is the outline of his body in bullet holes, the first time we see his face it's in a picture frame being smashed by a gun.

It's class.
Beebs

« #4 : June 05, 2005, 10:12:37 AM »

Even in the Dollars movies Angel Eyes is portraied as such a bad guy with no heart but a great reputation and solid personality because "when I'm paid, I always see the job through"

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines