Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 06, 2021, 10:55:51 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
: 1 ... 1338 1339 [1340]
: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  ( 4271038 )
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #20085 : Yesterday at 11:29:48 AM »

I'm pretty happy with my movie watching experience these days.

The Tragedy of Macbeth (2021) - 8.5/10
Terrific adaptation by Joel Coen (by the way, it is impossible to notice his borhter wasn't around for this one. It felt 100% like a pure Coen brothers movies, only serious this time). I caught a free Imax screening thanks to an obscure link Mr Power sent me and I don't regret it: the imax format (and sounds) is a great support to the highly stilized, squarish format of the movie. The experessionist, theatrical style works perfectly and is much more convincing than the cool looking but kind of boring Fassbender adaptation and really puts the Shakespearian language up and front to the maximum effect. Much praise have been given to Denzel Washington and I won't deny he gave his very best performance here. He found the perfect way to make the old english sound perfectly natural in his mouth. The same couldn't be said of Frances McDormand, who isn't bad but doesn't blend in. Good thing they kept the part were Lady Macbeth goes crazy to the shortest.

Power of the Dog (2021) - 8/10
I have good and bad things to say about this one, but all in all it's really good and the more I think of it the more I like it. Watch it. Netflix. Now. if only because that's the only cow boy movie where you'll actually see what a cow boy does.

Trois Couleurs : Blanc 7/10
First viewing for me of this light hearted, quite surrealist entry into the trilogy. It felt a lot like a Polanski movie, although by a much more humanist filmmaker.

Trois Couleurs : Rouge 8/10
Second viewing. This one sometimes reaches the greatness of Blue but doesn't sustain it on the long run. I wonder if Kieslwski didn't get a bit lost in his style and forgot to focus on what he was actually capturing once the art direction and the great camera moves were set up. The dialogues are especially lacking here and there. It's still a great movie, but only the shadow on the Dostoevskian masterpiece it could have been. Of course the way it ties the trilogy together in the end helps it steal a point in rating.

« : Yesterday at 11:31:32 AM noodles_leone »

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #20086 : Today at 05:59:10 AM »

The indoctrination of Miss Baltimore continued this weekend, with a screening of OUATITW. Yeah, she liked it. She thinks Claudia Cardinale has the most perfect nose she?s ever seen. And the best acting job, she says, was ? Gabrielle Ferzetti.

Oh, and in the massacre at McBain ranch, when the cicadas go silent, she said, ?oh, so there is a way to get the cicadas to go silent?!??  ;D (Summer 2021 they made their once-every-17-years emergence in Baltimore and nearby areas.)

« : Today at 10:01:20 AM drinkanddestroy »

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #20087 : Today at 06:21:41 AM »

There is indeed a way, but it isn't easy. You have to make the cicadas go: "Oh my God it's Henry Fonda!"

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #20088 : Today at 10:03:47 AM »

When Cheyenne grabbed Jill?s ass and said ?Make believe it?s nothing,? Baltimore exclaims ?#metoo!?

Come to think of it, that?s what Andrew Cuomo shoulda told all state employees. Make believe it?s nothing

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
: 1 ... 1338 1339 [1340]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines