Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 06, 2022, 11:54:54 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
0 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 1368 1369 [1370]
: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  ( 4774301 )
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #20535 : Today at 10:01:09 AM »

It?s more about excusable or not excusable flaws.

?I?m trying weird stuff all over the place in order to achieve greatness and some of it doesn?t work? = a flaw I can accept
?I?m adding full up scenes to steal some of your brain time and also why not try to get women to watch this show? = a flaw I can understand but not forgive

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

« #20536 : Today at 01:56:24 PM »

La denonciation (1962) - 7/10. A film producer (Maurice Ronet) is witness to a murder. Rather than collaborate with the police, however, he investigates on his own in an attempt to expiate a failure from his past. Film noir a la le nouvelle vague, if you will. Written and directed by Jacques Doniol-Valcroze.

L'odore della notte (1998) - 7/10. A cop (Valerio Mastandrea) turns to crime because it pays better and it's more fun. Once he builds his crew it turns into a kind of Italian Goodfellas, without the killings, but with plenty of ultraviolence. Visually the film is a failure--every scene is photographed with the same ridiculous lighting. Somebody called Little Tony does a cameo.

« : Today at 01:59:45 PM dave jenkins »

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

« #20537 : Today at 11:08:26 PM »

Time Table (1956) - 6/10. Good premise squandered. Great to see Mark Stevens as a bad guy, but the reveal comes too soon, and the running gun battle at the end is ridiculous. Also, too much dumpy wife, not enough Felicia Farr.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
: 1 ... 1368 1369 [1370]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines