Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2021, 07:42:00 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Any Successful Screenwriters on board?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: Any Successful Screenwriters on board?  ( 16537 )
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« : March 10, 2003, 05:42:00 AM »

I've done a bit of successful writting (in other endeavors) but nothing that has sold to Hollywood.
You really need a foot in the door for this. Though I do at times come in contact in an indirect way with some in the industry.

I think I have a good idea, but it may appeal to, and be better off spearheaded by our eurobased members.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
caius
Bandido

"bravo!"

« #1 : March 10, 2003, 08:26:31 AM »

is it a secret or can you reveal it to me.  I do have connections, my father being an architect, in the movie buisness.  A strange connection i know, but many of his clients are cheeses from Hollywood and around their.  I don't know if i will be any help as the introduction "yes i met him over the internet," is the worst possible, but i would be fascinated to hear your story plan.  What other screen plays have you had released?

I hate signatures, so naf, but i had to put this up for a week or so to show my respect

r.i.p. joe strummer.  great man, great band
Il Buono
Gunslinger

You're the son of a thousand fathers!

« #2 : March 10, 2003, 12:04:57 PM »

I'm not that far yet, but if I ever do, I'll let you know... ;D

Is it an idea for a western, by any chance?  And what have you written already that we could know?  Where are you from?

« : March 10, 2003, 12:06:19 PM Il Buono »

Your ass is grass... And I am the lawnmower
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #3 : March 10, 2003, 05:06:30 PM »

Like I said I've never sold anything to Hollywood. I do occasionally write the Outdoors Column for the New York Times. I have written a screenplay that got good coverage (but would be expensive to make) when I have submitted it before and since I really don't have any "ins" in the business I haven't really pushed on it. It is based on the history of colonial america and you could describe it as "Last of the Mohicans" meets "The Good the Bad and the Ugly" in style. If you wish to read "Les Sauvages" it is on:

http://www2.triggerstreet.com/gbase/Trigger/Homepage

I am also a fly fishing guide, and it is through this endeavor that I meet people in the movie business, actors, directors, etc. But I feel that they probably do not want to be pestered by me when they want to have a good time.  ;)

So here is my idea, and you will see why it is best handeled by someone european based and made by a European compamy.

Think of the possibilities if one were to make a movie about Sergio Leone.... say  ;) "A Fistfull of Leone"

It would be funny, it would be entertaining, it would definitly be cool, and if you could get Morricone involved it would have ALL the MUSIC too!

You could base it on Fraylings book, combine the humorous personal recollections of all involved, Wallach, Eastwood, De Niro, Woods, Bronson, Claudia, Morricone, anyone left.

You would have Sergios childhood, him and Enio watching western movies, during WWII his first encounter with real Americans (think of the scene in El Passo with Clint and the little street urchin there/flash back to little Sergio in Rome), his appreticeship in cinnecitta, on Ben Hur,  directing Colossus of Rhodes, then the real meat of the story making the Spaghetti's in Spain. Fistful, CLINT & Rawhide and the story of  the invention of the Man with No Name, FADM and the washed up  VAN CLEEF backstory.  GBU and the accidential blowing up of the bridge. You could have humorous stuff at the off set Almeria hangouts, tell how they blew the doors off all the preceding westerns and became box office hits. Then go on to OUTITW with what happend as it was butchered. Finish with OUTIA.

If you could get DeNiro to play Sergio it would be an epic, and you know he is one who could do it. Also put all the other surviving actors still living in it, in supporting parts it would be a real hoot. And you would reprize all of Ennio's music.

One can dream.....

« : March 10, 2003, 05:08:33 PM cigar joe »

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
TBPJMR
Bandido

« #4 : March 11, 2003, 12:25:20 AM »

When I read about the genesis of OUTA, the discovery of Harry Grey's book, the meetings between the author and Leone with Morsella, the making of the screenplay, of the soundtrack, and the 2-years-long shooting, and finally the edition problems... I thought that was a story one could make a film about... the birth and pursuing of a dream...

bye and bye

Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Il Buono
Gunslinger

« #5 : March 11, 2003, 07:28:51 AM »

Jezus...  Sounds pretty cool, but who will play Clint Eastwood?  And Henry Fonda? And... I think the difficulty is that Sergio Leone did the casting on appearance more than on talent.  And to find actors who have the same charismatic appearance like most of the actors we're talking about, that would be extremely difficult, I think.  But nevertheless, it sounds great...

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #6 : March 11, 2003, 04:29:22 PM »

Well you would have to get some lookalikes or impersonators, but the film would be centered more around Leone. If done right it would be good. Look at "Ed Wood" for an example.

Il Buono
Gunslinger

« #7 : March 12, 2003, 10:02:16 AM »

Yes, you're right.  Maybe using digital technology would do it, with CGI characters or movie sampled characters like in Forrest Gump (e.g. the Kennedy scene).  
I can assure you, if you could pull it off it could become a culthit...  But I think you have to put some kind of absurdness in the movie that you find in Leone's movies.  Maybe you could start the movie by hanging Leone on the arch from OUTIW.  Or use flashbacks and forwards like Leone did in OUTIA...  I have to admit Cigar Joe, the idea is as simple as brilliant...  

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #8 : March 12, 2003, 05:24:25 PM »

It would take somebody talented who really knew the material, the locations,  Leone, Morricone, etc., etc., and the  biggest bonus is that if you could get Morricone involved you may get different arrangements of all our favorite film scores and some new bridging music to tie it all together.

« : March 12, 2003, 05:25:29 PM cigar joe »

Il Buono
Gunslinger

« #9 : March 13, 2003, 03:59:43 AM »

Consider one cinema ticket sold already!

Il Buono
Gunslinger

« #10 : March 13, 2003, 07:37:04 AM »

Maybe you have to contact the Italian government if they are interested to finance such project.  Concerning the director, I have no clue... Scorsese? ???

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #11 : March 13, 2003, 05:18:32 PM »

I think it would have to be a director who could handel an homage but comedy too, I'm thinking it would be more on the comic side especially with all the improbable things that gelled together for an Italian western shot in Spain with an international cast and all the actors speaking in their own languages to become a box office hit.

You can just picture Clint saying the lines we all know and love and whoever is with him is speaking Italian or German or Spanish or French, etc., etc.

Il Buono
Gunslinger

« #12 : March 14, 2003, 07:02:26 AM »

Yeah, speaking of the comical side of it, have you seen 'Lost in La Mancha'?  It's about the making of or 'unmaking of' the Don Quichote movie by Terry Gilliam.  The film handles about the failures and the disastrous turnout for the makers, and it has a great comical touch to it.  I really think it would be inspirational for the thing you're trying to achieve...

Il Buono
Gunslinger

« #13 : April 09, 2003, 12:31:09 PM »

Ps.  You could have the ticket salesman from OUTIA play Sergio Leone!  ;D

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #14 : April 09, 2003, 04:15:57 PM »

Great idea, CJ!   ;D I'd definitely see it.

Saturday nights with Groggy
: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines