Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 28, 2021, 07:41:13 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Springsteen
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Springsteen  ( 2782 )
DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

« : April 25, 2005, 09:11:58 AM »

Dunno if anyones a Boss fan, but his new album Devils and Dust is out today, got a kinda western feel to it, like Nebraska and The Ghost of Tom Joad, my particular favourite Springsteen style - moody, acoustic and tales of migrant workers in the american west.

I know he splits opinion but i think hes brilliant.

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
Nobody
Gunslinger

Nobody, but Nobody, knows the trouble he's in!

« #1 : April 25, 2005, 02:06:52 PM »

I've always been meaning to check out more of Springsteen's works. I only have The Essential Bruce Springsteen, including only one track from Tom Joad. I'm listening to it right now, one of my favourites. Damn you DJIMBO, I'm supposed to be working on my term paper now, due in three days. Now I'll be listening to Springsteen for the rest of the evening. I've read some fantastic reviews for his latest album here in Norway. Top ratings. As you, I prefer the more quiet Springsteen. I feel the same way towards Neil Young. He has made some great albums with Crazy Horse, but I've always preferred his solo works.

I do believe Springsteen is a great fan of Terrence Malick, at least his debut Badlands. His song Nebraska, tells the same story as Badlands, plus he borrowed the title for one of his songs. Coincidence? I think not.

"As boys, they said they would die for each other. As men, they did."
DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

« #2 : April 25, 2005, 04:35:35 PM »

listened to devils and dust few times now quite impressed dont know if its up there with Nebraska and Tom Joad, lets wait and see....

i also like the albums Wild, Innocent, E-Street...& Born to run & Darkness on the Edge of Town which was Badlands on.

Basically the mans a legend!!!!!!!!

i also love Neil Young. Rust Never Sleeps wow that records amazing

« : April 25, 2005, 04:38:27 PM DJIMBO »

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
Nobody
Gunslinger

Nobody, but Nobody, knows the trouble he's in!

« #3 : May 01, 2005, 01:12:24 PM »

Finally got a hold of Devils and Dust, and been listening to it a lot the past few days. Certainly superior to The Rising, this quieter Springsteen is much more to my liking. This album has more of a religious feel than most of the other Springsteen albums I've heard, but luckily he never becomes preachy.

"As boys, they said they would die for each other. As men, they did."
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines