Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 07, 2023, 05:13:55 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Angel Eyes or Frank?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Angel Eyes or Frank?
Angel Eyes   -8 (42.1%)
Frank   -11 (57.9%)
: 15

: Angel Eyes or Frank?  ( 10129 )
Poggle
Bounty Killer

« : July 25, 2005, 04:23:46 PM »

Sergio's only two extremely evil white guys with a happy trigger finger(Or in Angel Eyes' case, 3/4's of a finger).

For me it's Frank. More sophisticated than Angel Eyes I think, and I like the style of his character more. Plus, a cooler theme song and introduction. Everytime someone was around Frank in OUATITW I would be more on the edge of my seat than Tuco and/or Blondie being around AE in GBU.

« : July 25, 2005, 04:27:28 PM Poggle »
Sackett
Gunslinger

One revolution is more than enough for me.

« #1 : July 25, 2005, 04:51:55 PM »

Interesting thought,  but  I think I'd have to give the EVIL Award to Frank.  He seemed to enjoy killing more, and even shot an unarmed little kid with a smirk.

Beebs

« #2 : July 25, 2005, 05:39:25 PM »

Angle Eyes is evil, but the thing that drew me to Frank is that he killed a child that was no threat to his life directly. Also what he does to Harmonica is unimaginably horrible.

Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

« #3 : July 25, 2005, 06:58:51 PM »

Don't forget that Angel Eyes wipes out an entier family at the start of THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY, and he does it single handed too, unlike Frank, who always has a gang.

Worse than that, he even shovels down one of the sloppiest and most evil looking meals in film history with great relish. What the hell is on that plate?!?

Having said that though, Frank is far more evil. Angel Eyes works only for himself and makes his own choices. Frank has sold his soul to corporate greed, and probabaly doesn't even realise it, happily doing Mr. Choo Choo's dirty bidding. His smile before killing the little ginger boy is, of course, Satanic and beautific all at the same time.

I have a sneaking suspicion though, that Angel Eyes would be the faster gun...

Poggle
Bounty Killer

« #4 : July 25, 2005, 08:50:32 PM »

Well he does have his gun in the cross-draw position which would give him the advantage, especially if Harmonica and Frank had the standard holster setup and Frank still lost the duel.

I wish there had been more Angel Eyes in GBU, though the Confederate camp scene is a really great addition to his story. I've always loved his quest and how it was a seperate story from Tuco's and Blondie's before it all came together in the desert. There's something about Angel Eyes' desperation to get the gold on his lone quest that I like and I think the added scene in the extended edition adds to that.

grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

« #5 : July 27, 2005, 06:20:38 PM »

I like frank better as a character... and he definitly does the more horrific stuff than the stuff angel eyes does... but there is something vulnerable about frank, you just know that given the shot he might still have some honor, that he can be beat, that he is old and on his last leg, going out in a sense... with angel eyes, he may not be as cold and evil as frank, but he's all cold and evil, he has his code that he lives by and it doesn't matter who you are, and I think angel eyes has more of a presence as a bad ass than frank, although frank does the more horrific deeds... so i voted for angel eyes, because he's hard to the core, there is no weekness there, he just gets outdrawn, but so does frank.

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #6 : July 28, 2005, 04:57:37 AM »

Frank easily.  Angel Eyes is a great villan, but a one-dimensional bad guy. . . Frank is a much more complex and human character.  IMO at least, that's a better character.

Saturday nights with Groggy
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

« #7 : July 28, 2005, 12:19:38 PM »

Worse than that, he even shovels down one of the sloppiest and most evil looking meals in film history with great relish. What the hell is on that plate?!?

I believe that's menudo: a traditional mexican hangover cure consisting of sheep intestines and hot chiles, mmmm.

Both of these guys have a sh*tty job to do, and report to greedy azzhole bosses (Baker, Morton).    As an aside, have you ever fantasized about putting a pillow over your bosses head? 

But...hey, a guy's got to make a living and they make the best of it and carry out their duties with polished professionalism.   Arbeit macht Frei.

But AngelEyes gets my vote and it's not even close, he seems to be having so much fun - "AngelEyes, NOOOOOOO!"  :o

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

« #8 : July 28, 2005, 12:41:48 PM »

but AngelEyes gets my vote and it's not even close, he seems to be having so much fun - "AngelEyes, NOOOOOOO!"  :o

my point exactly, only much more to the point... frank seems to be suffering, an old fashioned gunman trapped in the ways of the new railroad, frank if you go for better more developed character, angel eyes if your voting for the bad ass of the bunch.

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

« #9 : July 28, 2005, 12:47:10 PM »

Frank definitely has the Willy Loman thing going on Gramps, he's sick of his job and sick of living and wants to get it over with.  That's probably why he's intrigued by Harmonica, finally here's a guy who's got cojones just as big as his and it would be dignified to die by his hands.

But AngelEyes just enjoys lthe hell out of what he's doing.  He loves to eat, loves to drink, apparently has a fondness for the women.  His evilness just seems like a skill he's developed to survive in nasty times,  "I'll ask the questions!"

And what if your hand should shake a little?  And that Gringo so fast on the draw.
Johny_Exhale
Bandido

"Now, I believe only in dynamite"

« #10 : July 28, 2005, 01:20:55 PM »

Don't forget that Angel Eyes wipes out an entier family at the start of THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY, and he does it single handed too, unlike Frank, who always has a gang.

haha looks like beans and greens dipped in olive oil

200.000 Dollars is alotta money
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

« #11 : July 28, 2005, 01:40:04 PM »

Sibley: where does he strike you as interested in women? 

He seems to take an inordinate amount of pleasure slapping Maria around, above and beyond what's required for mere information gathering.  If you tweak the contrast on your TV you can notice the pup tent in his trousers.  Plus, that leering debauchee grin the "nice family" shot.

KERMIT

« #12 : July 29, 2005, 07:31:34 AM »

angel eyes.    frank has deep troubles.  A/E's just dosn't give a rat's ass. NOOOOO !  frank almost becomes pathetic towads the end. almost like a hog to slaughter.
sorta sympathy for the devil here. harmonica slowly cuts him up elimating his gang. "who are you ?" 
 A/E's had one good attribute. his uncanny ability to fall into an open grave gracefully.  :D
frank fails in busines but learns to blow a harmonica.

« : July 29, 2005, 06:04:19 PM KERMIT »
General Sibley
Gunslinger

AngelEyes, NOOOO!

« #13 : July 29, 2005, 12:17:49 PM »

Frank easily.  Angel Eyes is a great villan, but a one-dimensional bad guy. . . Frank is a much more complex and human character.  IMO at least, that's a better character.

AngelEyes has as many facets as a well cut diamond, how can you call him one dimensional?!?!?  Look at the near Christlike compassion he displays in the tearjerker scene with the Half Soldier.   

HEX

« #14 : September 20, 2005, 02:05:12 PM »

ANGEL EYES kicks one dimensional ASS!!!!

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines