Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 03:24:31 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Trivia Games (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Frank or Harmonica?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Frank or Harmonica?  ( 6161 )
Sackett
Gunslinger

One revolution is more than enough for me.

« : August 23, 2005, 07:42:34 PM »

Who draws first in the final showdown?

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #1 : August 24, 2005, 05:05:50 AM »

Frank gets his gun out first, but Harmonica fires the first shot.  I've watched the "moment of truth" about a hundred or so times and I hope I've got it right.

Saturday nights with Groggy
KERMIT

« #2 : August 24, 2005, 11:02:12 AM »

Frank gets his gun out first, but Harmonica fires the first shot.  I've watched the "moment of truth" about a hundred or so times and I hope I've got it right.
you are correct sir ! repeated viewing rules. take for instance cigar joe's observation of the derelict corrida surrounding both men.  as delli colli's camera pulls back for just a second. you catch it.  i can't comprehend leone's fanaticasium for detail vs. for taking normal things, faces, and blows them up.
he's neurologialy ambidextrous.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #3 : August 26, 2005, 04:13:54 PM »

Actually, it's really Harmonica who draws first. Watch it again because even when it's not in slow-motion you can clearly tell Harmonica drew first. If you've been searching your whole life to kill someone for revenge, you're certainly not going to give him a chance of drawing first!

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #4 : August 27, 2005, 04:52:59 AM »

Peacemaker. . . Frank takes a longer time to aim his gun than Harmonica. . . but he gets his gun out first.  :P

Saturday nights with Groggy
Beebs

« #5 : August 28, 2005, 07:21:09 AM »

I agree with Groggy. If you want revenge you wont draw on him. In his case with Frank being so evil, the evil guy draws first but maybe doesn't get his gun out. Actually, a better way to  put it is Frank goes for his gun first.

Sackett
Gunslinger

One revolution is more than enough for me.

« #6 : August 29, 2005, 06:38:20 AM »

I've watched the movie since it came to the theaters in 69.  Always thought it was Frank who drew first.
However, viewing the DVD in frame by frame advance, I saw for the first time, that it is actually Harmonica who reaches and draws first, causing Frank to draw.
Another fascinating sequence  is  the shootout at the beginning.  To see Harmonica's action and the resulting impact of his bullets on the trio is something to view in DVD frame by frame advance.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #7 : August 29, 2005, 02:35:40 PM »

Thank you! Someone agreed with me! I was beginning to think I was wrong!

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines