Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 27, 2021, 09:09:25 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Has anyone noticed that before??
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Has anyone noticed that before??  ( 4625 )
Denys
Bandido

Frank, you dirty son of a bitch

« : September 25, 2005, 07:30:31 PM »

As a big fan of Leone and specially OUATITW, I noticed something I never noticed before, since the DVD came out. When there's that closeup of the eyes of Charles Bronson, that closeup is said to be the "Closest" closeup of all Leone movies, but as the camera move on to his face, at the very last moment we're about to loose sight of his mouth, well, he opens it!! Just like if he's really entering into his memory, really remembering that moment as Frank's standing in front of him. That's really another small detail that add realism and strenght to this movie, particularily to this sequence.

Poggle
Bounty Killer

« #1 : September 25, 2005, 09:17:00 PM »

Yeah, that's a really great touch to it. Another thing I noticed about the flashback itself is that it appears to also have a young Benito Stefanelli in there as well.

HEX

« #2 : September 30, 2005, 07:00:46 AM »

yesom

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #3 : September 30, 2005, 01:30:49 PM »

I always noticed that too. But I think that was just a screw-up by Bronson.

SeanSeanSean
Gunslinger

« #4 : October 01, 2005, 03:31:27 PM »

Ever notice that the young Harmonica is wearing the same type of checkered jacket as Bronson's?
This may lend creadence to the theory that Harmonica is not human but the angel of death. No human can outgun Frank, thus his surprise at being shot.
If the young Harmonica died of exhaustion or was killed off by Frank, it makes sense that an adult reincarnation would wear the same clothings. Or is it, that fashion was slow to change in the 19th century, even after 30 some years.

If it's a revolution, it's confusion
Poggle
Bounty Killer

« #5 : October 01, 2005, 04:20:50 PM »

Someone I know who works at a Navajo reservation has said that Harmonica's jacket is actually a blanket turned into a jacket :o

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #6 : October 02, 2005, 05:36:21 AM »

I've noticed that many times before, but I never thought much of it . . .

Saturday nights with Groggy
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #7 : October 02, 2005, 09:26:39 AM »

Not many people realize this but Harmonica is actually a Native American. Leone himself once said in an interview " ...Bronson's character is an indian so he already hates the white man. " I also believe Harmonica is not human. No human can get shot so close to the heart and simply get up and walk away. I think after Harmonica's brother was killed, he was killed too because Frank isn't stupid enough to kill the brother and let the other live.

Tim

« #8 : October 02, 2005, 12:26:47 PM »

To me, it always looked like Harmonica was shot above the heart, almost in the shoulder.  I'll have to go back and check to make sure.   

I've always liked the idea of Harmonica as a ghostly avenger.  It adds another layer to an already great movie.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #9 : October 02, 2005, 02:16:03 PM »

He was shot in the SHOULDER.  It's not within more than almost a foot of the heart.

Saturday nights with Groggy
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines