Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 04:53:52 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Max (Bailey) not James Woods
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Max (Bailey) not James Woods  ( 4690 )
Noodles_8
Road Apple

« : November 09, 2005, 09:01:23 AM »

There's a scene at the very end of the movie where Max (Bailey) comes down after Noodles has left the estate. Max is standing right outside the gates of the estate near the garbage truck. That person was NOT played by James Woods. Is there any significance to that or was Woods just not available when that scene was shot.

HEX

« #1 : November 09, 2005, 09:21:37 AM »

There's a scene at the very end of the movie where Max (Bailey) comes down after Noodles has left the estate. Max is standing right outside the gates of the estate near the garbage truck. That person was NOT played by James Woods. Is there any significance to that or was Woods just not available when that scene was shot.

it is said in  a documentary that it was intentional of not using WOODS. in fact WOODS was on set looking at the scene while shooting. they got a body double and shot it because LEONE wanted to make the audience unsure of who it was.

but we all know it was him....

Noodles_8
Road Apple

« #2 : November 09, 2005, 09:29:01 AM »

That's pretty much what I figured.

But do we really know that it's him?  LOL

Dlanor
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

« #3 : November 09, 2005, 10:10:03 AM »

I wasn't sure the first time (and I am still not) and I think it's good that SL had wanted this ambiguity and he did it very well. The distance of the camera is perfect for the ambiguity, not to close, not to far.
 It fits with spririt of the movie wich is open (not always far from surrealism).

HEX

« #4 : November 09, 2005, 10:40:45 AM »

That's pretty much what I figured.

But do we really know that it's him?  LOL

the exact qoute from leone him self is

"we know, but we dont know"

u know? 8)

Dlanor
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

« #5 : November 09, 2005, 03:22:47 PM »

I think when we see him, we do know that he isn't Max according to what we see, but after our brain corrects our first impression because according to the scene we saw just before, Noodles interest and the rest of the movie including the garbage truck, the sense of coherence of the mind finally overcomes the doubt of the gaze.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines