Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2022, 11:22:48 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Contest to Co-Host a Movie on TCM with Robert Osborne! Enter 10/1/13 - 10/31/13
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Contest to Co-Host a Movie on TCM with Robert Osborne! Enter 10/1/13 - 10/31/13  ( 2933 )
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« : October 01, 2013, 10:46:57 PM »

http://fancontest.tcm.com/

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #1 : October 02, 2013, 08:34:01 AM »

I'm hoping Drink wins. Then we'll see if even Osborne can keep D&D in his chair for a whole movie.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #2 : October 04, 2013, 12:22:46 AM »

I'm looking at the video submission gallery - the contest is more than three days old, and there are only have a total three submissions so far??!!! Anyone on these boards with any talent should be entering.

The contest rules say the judging will be 50% based on creativity, and 50% based on the speaking/delivery ability.  I am sure some people on the board are creative and know their way with videos, you guys should enter! (How about you, noodles-Leone???)
Choose a Leone movie. REPRESENT the Leone fans. If you win, maybe you can shmooze with Robert O. and convince him that TCM should get behind the restoration of OUATIA. If Ted Turner would agree to write a check, I am sure there would be some way we can get a proper restoration of all the deleted scenes of that movie. And maybe a solid blu-ray release of DYS with the proper audio  :)

« : October 04, 2013, 12:28:56 AM drinkanddestroy »

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #3 : October 07, 2013, 04:09:39 AM »

Thanks for the link, man. Unfortunately, as you may have guessed, I suck at "speaking/delivery ability" in English... and I'm not sure the plane ticket from Europe is included in the deal :(

« : June 17, 2016, 08:41:48 AM noodles_leone »

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #4 : October 10, 2013, 03:53:05 AM »

of the 11 entries posted so far, it looks like only a couple of them actually attempt to use any ingenuity - the guy doing North by Northwest and the one doing Night of the Living Dead. All the others are just reading an introduction straight to the camera - some better, some worse, but I don't see how any of them can win a contest that is supposed to 50% originality and only 50% speaking ability. Thus far, I'd have to give the nod to the guy doing North by Northwest. (for some reason, I can't see the image on the video of the black girl doing Guys and Dolls; I can only hear the sound.)

This one gave me a good laugh at 6:53 in the AM http://fancontest.tcm.com/entries/view/24/container:Entries/sort:created/direction:dir

« : October 10, 2013, 04:39:48 AM drinkanddestroy »

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #5 : January 11, 2014, 03:59:43 PM »

here is the winner http://fancontest.tcm.com/entries/add

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #6 : June 16, 2016, 02:41:08 PM »

the girl who won that fan contest a few years ago - Tiffany Vazquez - has now been hired as TCM's Saturday daytime host

http://www.tcm.com/this-month/article/1216487%7C0/Tiffany-Vazquez-Saturday-Daytime-Host.html

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #7 : June 17, 2016, 08:43:01 AM »

Was she one of the "only a couple of them [who] actually attempt to use any ingenuity"? May be she posted after your comment.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #8 : June 17, 2016, 10:51:27 AM »

Was she one of the "only a couple of them [who] actually attempt to use any ingenuity"? May be she posted after your comment.

haha yeah, at the time I posted that comment she had not yet posted her video. In case you are interested, here is her winning video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmcMH-XcKQY

ingenuity is alright, but I really don't like her speaking ability; she's not a voice that I love listening to.

This is the submission I was rooting to win, by Michelle Curtis  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH3tt77hY0w

Ingenuity is decent, but she speaks amazingly well - she does speak a bit too quickly; if she slows down a little, she could really be on TV. Both for her speaking and her looks  ;)

As I recall, although Tiffany Vazquez was declared THE winner, and I think she got to present a movie at the TCM Classic Film Festival, I believe they actually took like 20 other contestants - runners up - who each got to present one movie on TCM, or got to do promos or whatever. I specifically remember seeing some of the people on these contestant videos, later doing promos for TCM, and presenting movies. They had this one Hispanic gay guy who presented some Fellini film - it was either Nights of Cabiria or La Strada - and he couldn't even get through the conversation with Robert Osborne, describing the film, without crying. Soooo saddddd ....

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #9 : June 17, 2016, 12:39:29 PM »

Thanks for the link, man. Unfortunately, as you may have guessed, I suck at "speaking/delivery ability" in English... and I'm not sure the plane ticket from Europe is included in the deal :(

next time there is a contest, how about you create the ingenuity/filming, and I'll do the speaking! Or you can do the speaking, and apply to be the host for their "TCM Imports" program, which shows foreign films  ;)

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines