Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2021, 11:00:35 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Football Thread
0 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 69
: The Football Thread  ( 369136 )
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #675 : July 18, 2008, 02:32:47 PM »

I think spain will win.   Oh, too late (sorry Banjo). 

If I'd have read me PM in time I'd have honestly gone for the Czechs. 

I'd better take your predictions for South Africa 2010 now then,in case you're too late next time. ;D

Half Soldier
Gunslinger

« #676 : July 18, 2008, 02:57:19 PM »

York City for the Blue Square.

Beat a path to William Hills now!

I'll sleep better knowing my good friend is by my side
Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #677 : July 19, 2008, 12:52:06 AM »

York City

Thats where Capello will be heading if we don't qualify this time. ;D

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #678 : September 10, 2008, 03:07:39 PM »

Hey Banjo, how's Capello doing?

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #679 : September 11, 2008, 03:35:21 AM »

I didn't see the Andorra game last Saturday as it was a pay-per-view match .But typically(for our fickle press) Capello came in for a lot of criticism because we only beat them 2-0 even though the whole Andorran side sat back in defence.But still everyone was saying that we are no better than under McClaren.

Again before last nights game people were predicting the worst.Another pay-per-view game only but i went out to a pub and watched it because of the superior oppostion.It was a shaky start but once we got that first goal it was an excellent team performance,the best i've seen them in a long time .Croatia (who had never been beaten at home in a qualifier) only managed two shots on all night but undoubtably it was made easier for us following the sending off.It was a relief Walcott scoring the hatrick because we've been severely lacking up front.

Now everyone is hailing Capello as a tactical genius!

I wasn't able to see highlights of the other games but i see Italy won comfortable against (i think)Georgia?

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #680 : September 11, 2008, 04:41:44 AM »

Yeah, but I want to know what YOU think about Don Fabio.

Italy managed to win two matches with many players out of form. That was good. These are matches that played next month wouldn't have caused any trouble. But now (as Lippi complained) whoever you're playing against it's a problem, with Serie A being the last league to start.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #681 : September 11, 2008, 04:56:49 AM »

Yeah, but I want to know what YOU think about Don Fabio.

Italy managed to win two matches with many players out of form. That was good. These are matches that played next month wouldn't have caused any trouble. But now (as Lippi complained) whoever you're playing against it's a problem, with Serie A being the last league to start.

We looked ordinary and uninspired throughout the  friendlies leading up to the qualifiers but to be fair to Capello these games are pretty meaningless but served a useful function for him to assess his players and systems.

Last night was the first real test and i don't need to say Capello passed with flying colours.Its our most outstanding result since beating Germany away from home 5-1 seven years ago.

I like Capello a lot.He has passion,charisma and has instilled belief in the team.But as regards how far he can take us,in reality he's only as good as the players and at present i'm sure there are a few teams better than England.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #682 : September 24, 2008, 03:21:19 PM »

A result for all genuine football fans everywhere!!  :)

My team Brighton & Hove Albion have just knocked the  now " richest club in the world" Manchester City out of the Carling Cup. :D

And we're struggling mid league two divisions below them. ;D

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #683 : October 15, 2008, 03:59:54 PM »

Yes, journalist are scum everywhere, but still I'm amazed how some creeps are payed to write such nonsense:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2008/oct/15/england-belarus-world-cup-qualifier

What does the ordinary fan says, Banjo?

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #684 : October 16, 2008, 12:11:42 PM »

Yes, journalist are scum everywhere, but still I'm amazed how some creeps are payed to write such nonsense:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2008/oct/15/england-belarus-world-cup-qualifier

What does the ordinary fan says, Banjo?

I've read a lot worse from the press.He does make some valid points and i agree that England aren't quite as good as are results suggest but as Capello quire rightly says,winning is all important and in winning all 4 of our games so far he has exceeded everyone's expectations of him.It is very encouraging that we are winning games quite comfortably at present whilst there are still areas where there is room for improvement.If Capello sustain can iron out these problems whilst sustaining the results its going to be very exciting in South Africa,assuming we qualify of course.

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #685 : October 16, 2008, 03:10:14 PM »

Of course you cannot pretend that everything is working fine so soon, but to have won 4 matches in  a row is no ordinary feat, expecially for a team like England. I don't know how you can be in doubt about qualifying: Capello is no McLaren but not even an Eriksson: that should be clear to everybody by now.  You want to see good football being played and winning against more significant adversaries? You'll have to wait for that: the goal is 2010, the rest counts for nothing. But to have resurrected a team in such a short time is the sign of the great leader at the helm. And to criricize the fact that you don't see much of a game played is absurd.   

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #686 : October 17, 2008, 08:12:34 AM »

You are totally right and Capello has already set a new record of winning the first 4 world cup qualifiers in a row. O0

I guess i'm used to England having impressive qualifying campaigns(not so much in the recent past admittedly) and then flopping badly when it really matters in the finals.Maybe the typical English fan should develop a more confident outlook just like what Capello is instilling in the team.

« : October 17, 2008, 08:13:38 AM Banjo »
Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #687 : November 08, 2008, 04:38:42 PM »

I just noticed this on youtube which is the funniest ever unintentional comedy i've seen.It's quite a lengthy docu covering Englands ill fated campaign to qualify for the 1994 World Cup finals but stick with it as there are umpteen priceless moments especially Phil Neal mimicking Graham Taylor on the England bench. ;D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=f8XIrYDVfOE

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #688 : November 30, 2008, 04:27:52 PM »

The way to go:

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #689 : December 02, 2008, 10:33:49 AM »

I should say so. O0

: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 69  
« previous next »