Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2021, 11:26:53 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Football Thread
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 69
: The Football Thread  ( 369190 )
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #705 : November 23, 2009, 05:40:44 PM »

Yes the seeding used for the play-offs is another indication of this. >:(

But if FIFA are to retain any remnant of credibility sooner or later they are going to have to follow the example of other sports by bringing this in.I think next years WC finals would be the perfect platform to introduce the technology followed swiftly by next years Champions league competition.

Yeah, sooner or later...But in Europe League this year UEFA preferred to introduce other referees behind the goal line (who kept making mistakes) instead of the easier solution of tv instant replay.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #706 : November 24, 2009, 05:00:21 AM »

Yes we need to eradicate any possibilty of bias and human error.It wouldn't take more than 30 seconds for the instant replays to be checked which the referee can easily add on the end as  part of the stoppages.In the English league all 92 clubs already have camera's installed for every game  so here it least it wouldn't be difficult to implement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-8dOjeVC80    ::) 

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #707 : November 24, 2009, 07:07:54 AM »

Yes we need to eradicate any possibilty of bias and human error.It wouldn't take more than 30 seconds for the instant replays to be checked which the referee can easily add on the end as  part of the stoppages.In the English league all 92 clubs already have camera's installed for every game  so here it least it wouldn't be difficult to implement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-8dOjeVC80    ::) 

Same over here and, I presume, in all the other major eurpean leagues. So, you see, it is just a matter of will. 

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #708 : November 24, 2009, 01:38:24 PM »

Our experiences with the NFL and NHL's replay system have shown them to be far from flawless.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #709 : November 25, 2009, 06:40:33 PM »

Well it's definitely been a success in  NFL's mother sport  ie rugby-both league and union, along with cricket and tennis. In tennis of course the players are awarded a limited number of decision challenges and it's been suggested that something similar may work for football? I do think that the flow of the game would be improved with instant replays in that players are less likely to take dives,feign injury   or injure others in the fear of the result of a certain booking.

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #710 : November 25, 2009, 06:43:48 PM »

The aim it is not to eliminate mistakes, but to prevent the biggest teams from being overly advantaged over the smaller ones.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #711 : November 25, 2009, 06:57:17 PM »

And i hope to provide some substance to FIFA's oft-spouted "fair play" banner as i've seen little evidence of this so far.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #712 : November 30, 2009, 03:18:35 PM »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hoT8bp7XBpfAKTyKhFu2S796jySQ

Allowing this request would mean they'd be one odd group of five countries who'd be playing one more match than everyone else.

Never in a million years eh Titoli? ::)

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #713 : November 30, 2009, 05:24:42 PM »

By the same reasoning, we would allow all the matches where a referee took the wrong decision to be replayed. Can you imagine that? I don't understand who had this idea and who allowed it to be made of public domain: but I'm sure they weren't football fans.  Even because they would have first to demonstrate that Ireland would have gained the qualification without that mistake. This is crap.

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #714 : December 04, 2009, 03:52:43 PM »

As somebody said on a roman local radio before the draw: "Wish I could be a pot".

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #715 : December 05, 2009, 03:56:47 AM »

Yeah never mind the easier groups we both got yesterday! :P

Typically over here England have been made one of the (3rd)favourites, even above Italy. ::)  For me i think that Spain are gonna be the team to beat.

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #716 : December 05, 2009, 04:39:19 AM »

It is ridiculous to make predictions now. You can't anticipate what will happen to players from here to June. Somebody might not even be there, somebody might. For example, Totti and Nesta: should they be in good form by that time, they would make another team out of Italy. But still, without them, I see no scandal in placing England above Italy. This is gonna be even more atypical  than all the other WC not played in Europe, I've learnt yesterday that some matches are gonna be played in altitude. The draw was good for some teams, bad for others: but you can say that only after the fact.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #717 : December 06, 2009, 06:39:36 AM »

Yes you are quite right about missing/injured  key players  as England experienced with Kevin Keegan in 1982 and Bryan Robson in 1986. And of course for the last WC finals we qualified for there was the striker fiasco  following Michael Owens departure in the first game. :(

Italy(and Germany) have the advantage over England of knowing how to play tournaments,often starting poorly but peaking at the right time when it matters. Not to mention Englands inability to win penalty shoot outs!

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #718 : December 06, 2009, 04:34:02 PM »

Capello knows everything there is to know.

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #719 : December 12, 2009, 03:09:26 PM »

What is the gk saying to the ref to justify himself?

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/video/calcio/estero/2009/12/11-17979/Romania%2C+entrata+brutale+del+portiere

: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 69  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines