Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 06, 2021, 04:53:14 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Football Thread
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 69
: The Football Thread  ( 382950 )
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #165 : June 21, 2006, 03:35:34 PM »

Anyway after todays games both me and LeBon get a point each

Le Bon       7
Marco         5
Banjo         4
Titoli           3
Firecracker 1
Half Soldier 1

Tommorows predictions

Czech R 0 Italy 2
Ghana 2 Usa 1
Japan 0 Brazil 2
Croatia 0 Australia 1

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #166 : June 21, 2006, 03:39:27 PM »

As far as Beckham is concerned, in open play I agree that he often lacks, but his ability to cross and deliver set pieces is essential for us.
I agree but i wonder how much better he'd be if he didn't have so much going on in his life apart from football.He used to score free kicks all the time for England but its now gone 3 years since the last one!

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #167 : June 21, 2006, 03:51:45 PM »

but his ability to cross and deliver set pieces is essential for us.

Maybe, but I wonder when it does show. And for the rest of the game he leaves the team playing in 10: actually yesterday, for the first half, me and the other people watching the match were wondering whether he was playing at all.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #168 : June 21, 2006, 03:56:03 PM »

Titoli i bet Italy wouldn't be wary of playing England in this competition-we might struggle past Ecuador but Holland look inpenetrable :-\

Le Bon
Bounty Killer

You'd better be Bill Carson

« #169 : June 21, 2006, 04:19:08 PM »

Yes Beckham does not run the game like he used to...leading by example. Remember the Greece qualifier at Old Trafford. But his assists from free kicks can be vital. Robinson...well Sweden saw him flap at one cross in the previous game and put Ljundberg on him at corners. I would rather have him than Calamity James.

Czech Rep 1 Italy 2
Ghana 2 USA 0
Japan 0 Brazil 2
Croatia 2 Australia 2

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #170 : June 21, 2006, 04:55:07 PM »

Titoli i bet Italy wouldn't be wary of playing England in this competition-we might struggle past Ecuador but Holland look inpenetrable

I think that Italy is very much its own master. If they play like they did in the first match and Totti gains an acceptable form, we must not be wary of nobody. I'm still convinced that we have the best balanced team, maybe with Argentina (that didn't impress me tonight exactly as it did in its first match). Add to that that should we win tomorrow we'd have an highway to semi-finals. Tomorrow's I think the harder match of the next three, should we win, more for psychological reasons than anything else. What worries me is the referee: I would have preferred a european.
Anyway, generally speaking, the tournament starts with the eights: then we'll begin to understand what the real forces are.   

Czech Rep 0 Italy 1
Ghana 1 USA 2
Japan 0 Brazil 3
Croatia 1 Australia 2

Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

« #171 : June 21, 2006, 05:24:30 PM »

Czech R 0 Italy 1
Ghana 2 Usa 2
Japan 0 Brazil 4
Croatia 1 Australia 1

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
Half Soldier
Gunslinger

« #172 : June 22, 2006, 05:54:19 AM »

czech 0 Italia 2
Ghana 1 USA 1
Japan 0 Brazil 3
Croatia 1 Australia 2

I'll sleep better knowing my good friend is by my side
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #173 : June 22, 2006, 12:35:58 PM »

We have finally played the ideal match at the World Cup: playing not good, against adversaries playing in ten for most of the match, risking drawing when  you really should have ended the game in the first half. After the USA and today's matches you can only get  better, hoping Totti will find his best self. 

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #174 : June 22, 2006, 12:41:47 PM »

You're on route to play Argentina in the semi's Titoli-do you fancy your chances?
Hey i got both results spot on for this afternoons games ;D

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #175 : June 22, 2006, 03:15:24 PM »

Well, I don't know if both Italy or Argentina will make it to the semifinals. If they do, I presume we'll get there in a better condition because if we keep on playing like this I don't think we can make it to that round. On the other hand, I don't think Argentina can play much better than she's doing now, which didn't impress me a bit, though apparently I'm the only one on earth who wasn't.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #176 : June 22, 2006, 03:48:25 PM »

I'm confident Italy will get past Australia and in the quarter finals you'll avoid the only danger team Spain from groups G and H so really i can only see Argentina in the semis  blocking your route to the final.
   Anyway i get 2 points,Le Bon and Half-Soldier 1 each:-

Le Bon       8
Banjo         6
Marco         5
Titoli           3
Half Soldier 2
Firecracker 1

BTW i'd be confident of England beating Brazil in our half of the draw if we were on top of our game and didn't have the problem with our strikers-we look miles away from being contenders at present :-\

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #177 : June 22, 2006, 05:05:39 PM »

No team at the moment looks like the real meat. Which it's only natural as the real thing starts Saturday. As I have told in the first days of the tournament, the traditional Powers left no room to surprises. But the real scale of values between them will start to be perceived in the in or out rounds.  That goes for England too: forget about what went on before, it's another tournament about to start.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #178 : June 23, 2006, 02:22:50 AM »

That goes for England too: forget about what went on before, it's another tournament about to start.
I hope you're right,i wonder what odds the bookies would give me for an England v Italy final? ;D
Todays predictions:-
Switzerland 2 South Korea 1
Togo 1 France 2
Ukraine 2 Tunisia 1
Saudi Arabia 0 Spain 6

Le Bon
Bounty Killer

You'd better be Bill Carson

« #179 : June 23, 2006, 03:55:35 AM »

Switz 2 S Korea 2
Togo 1 France 2
Ukraine 3 Tunisia 1
Saudi Arabia 0 Spain 2

I think for England to win the world cup it would have to be held in December or something.  We just seem to keep fading away after half time  :-[  Argentina still look by far the best team.

: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 69  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines