Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2021, 11:51:08 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Football Thread
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 69
: The Football Thread  ( 369218 )
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #405 : August 11, 2006, 03:13:44 AM »

About penalties, it is not entirely correct what you say: remember the semifinal in european championship in 2000 against Holland.
You mean Italy won that one?England did actually manage to beat Spain on penalties in Euro '96 i remember but inevitably lost out to the Germans in the same manner for the semi-finals :-[
What you say about "what happened off the game field" for Italy in 1982 and 2006-are you glad in a way that this corruption happened because as you state this helped polarise Italy into a great team to achieve both world cup wins? ::)

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #406 : August 11, 2006, 03:41:19 AM »

No, absolutely. I mean this is the only good effect it had.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #407 : August 11, 2006, 05:31:00 AM »

In 1982 i understand that the Italian team completely shut up shop and refused all media contact-was it the same this time round?

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #408 : August 11, 2006, 11:12:10 AM »

KInda. That time the reason though was the newspapers had spread some stories about alleged "unhortodox" relationships between some players.   

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #409 : August 16, 2006, 02:45:57 AM »

England are playing their first game since the world cup tonight,a friendly against Greece,and its the first time Beckhams been dropped for nearly a decade ::)
    Titoli  is your team in action as well?

« : August 16, 2006, 02:47:56 AM banjo »
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #410 : August 16, 2006, 04:12:24 AM »

Yep. I don't think I'll see the match, though.
About Beckham, I think it is the first right move a England's trainer does since I can't remember when. I never made much of him as a player and can't understand why so many do. A no-player like that is a luxury no team can afford.

boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

Do you think I'm just..anyone? DO you?

« #411 : August 16, 2006, 05:02:54 AM »

bump

"'Don't take any chances you don't have to, don't trust anybody you don't have to trust and don't do no favors you don't have to do"- Ace Hanna
Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #412 : August 16, 2006, 08:56:13 AM »

Yep. I don't think I'll see the match, though.
About Beckham, I think it is the first right move a England's trainer does since I can't remember when. I never made much of him as a player and can't understand why so many do. A no-player like that is a luxury no team can afford.
Yeah Bobby Robson famously did the same with Kevin Keegan following the 1982 World Cup and Glen Hoddle left Paul Gascoigne out for the France 1998 finals.
   I'm please Terry Venables has been given the assistant coach reins though really he should be the head coach with his track record.Steve McClaren is gonna struggle to throw of the yoke of Sven i think,but at least teenager Theo Walcott has been relegated to the under 21 side where he should be!

Amaze
Bounty Killer

I don't see any method at all, sir.

« #413 : August 16, 2006, 09:25:57 AM »

norway is playing a friendly game againts brazil today. we've pnly played against them once before, and we beat them!
but I doubt we'll win tonight.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #414 : August 17, 2006, 12:56:08 AM »

Yeah Brazil,who are they? ;D

Anyway did ya win? ::)

Titoli i watched the England game last night and they mentioned at half time that Italy were 2-0 down to Czech Republic :o-what happened in the end?
    England played well last night beating Greece 4-0(all goals in the 1st half) but they really were poor oppostion with a dreadful defence-still a good confidence booster!
   I got the impression from the body language that it was really football genius Terry Venables(assistant coach) and not Steve McClaren that was calling all the shots-and rightly so!!!

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #415 : August 17, 2006, 02:43:05 AM »

Actually we were playing against Croatia. As I've told you yesterday I didn't see the match, except one or two minutes. Don't know why they did it: probably for money. But it had no meaning as it was a test match, as nobody of the 22 who played the WC was playing and some of the ones who played yesterday have no chance to ever play again (one of them, at his 1st cap, is 33 years old). As of now I still don't know whether the final result was 2-0. Probably.

As to England, with all the good managers you've had in the clubs can't understand why you chose first Eriksson and then this McLaren. These are football's mysteries.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #416 : August 17, 2006, 05:10:30 AM »

As to England, with all the good managers you've had in the clubs can't understand why you chose first Eriksson and then this McLaren. These are football's mysteries.
Maybe its because England managers get so much hassle from the English media especially when bad results happen and all the prying into their private lives that most just don't fancy the job.Phil Scolari got a small taste of this from the British press which is why he turned down the job.

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #417 : August 17, 2006, 05:22:58 AM »

I wonder what they could have turned up with about Ramsey...

Amaze
Bounty Killer

I don't see any method at all, sir.

« #418 : August 17, 2006, 06:34:24 AM »

it ended 1-1, only bad luck kept us from beating them. surprisingly enough.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #419 : September 03, 2006, 02:26:37 AM »

England 5 Andora 0
Another good performance from McClarens new regime but are we get a little over confident(again!!) with such awful opposition?
Titoli,what happened to your guys yesterday-scraping a 1-1 draw with Lithuania :o?

: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 69  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines