Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 18, 2024, 09:39:54 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  An idea that might be fun
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: An idea that might be fun  ( 7966 )
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« : March 21, 2006, 06:04:27 PM »

Create your own SW character or characters.

Ok here is an idea get outfitted up as a charater from an SW and take some pictures of yourself ( if you have a digital camera it will be easy and post the good ones as avatars. You wouldn't need a lot of props but use them if you have them.

It souldn't be that hard to do, drape an old blanket over your shoulder get some charcoal and draw on a moustache or beard, throw some gold chains around your neck and stick a cigar in your mouth and you are a Mexican bandit.

If you have a union suit or a henley long sleve T it will work for the shirt since most shirts back then didn't have collars. Be creative, sould be good for some laughs.

Realistic backgrounds would help too, find a rock outcrop in a road cut or go to an old gravel pit, find a rough stuccoed wall etc. Props such as kerosene lanterns or candel sticks, whatever will all add to the pic. If you have Photoshop you can use real SW captures and drag your image into the pic. We can create a collage of the whole board gang too eventually.

Lets see what we can come up with.  8)

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #1 : March 21, 2006, 06:36:33 PM »

Yeah, we could all curl our lip, or twitch....

Beebs

« #2 : March 21, 2006, 08:28:35 PM »

I'm in. Lemme think about my character tonight. We just gonna post the description on the board here?

nowhere man

« #3 : March 21, 2006, 09:43:52 PM »

this doesnt seem like something i would do.

Two Kinds of ...
Gunslinger

Idiots - it's for you.

« #4 : March 21, 2006, 10:26:33 PM »

I already sorta did that, "They Call Me the Quitter" goes on sale tomorrow.

More feeling.
nowhere man

« #5 : March 21, 2006, 11:10:23 PM »

"They Call Me the Quitter" goes on sale tomorrow.

meaning?

Two Kinds of ...
Gunslinger

Idiots - it's for you.

« #6 : March 21, 2006, 11:19:00 PM »

meaning?
It's the new flick I wrote and it's going on sale tomorrow.

More feeling.
nowhere man

« #7 : March 21, 2006, 11:22:33 PM »

It's the new flick I wrote and it's going on sale tomorrow.

i see.

« : March 21, 2006, 11:24:05 PM nowhere man »
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #8 : March 22, 2006, 06:14:10 AM »

Yea snarling, lip curlling, maniacle laughter, even black out a few of your teeth.

Go down to an antique flea market for props, lol.

I have an old example I'll post as soon as I can scan it. I was done by one of those tourist trap photographers that had a backdrop and the hat and clothes props.

Beebs, no not just a description,  I mean actually post a pic eventually.

« : March 22, 2006, 06:24:24 AM cigar joe »

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Beebs

« #9 : March 22, 2006, 02:35:45 PM »

Awesome. I just bought a new hat for my birthday. A brown Stetson. I'll see what I can do. I also got my Colt I got for Christmas, I just need a holster.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #10 : March 22, 2006, 04:12:05 PM »

I got a replica Colt Peacemaker and a brown holster but I bought the wrong size so it is very large on me unless I put a few more notches in the belt.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #11 : March 22, 2006, 04:26:04 PM »

I got a replica Colt Peacemaker and a brown holster but I bought the wrong size so it is very large on me unless I put a few more notches in the belt.

Just get a leather hole punch at a craft store and put a few more holes in it, just measure the originals and mark them with magic marker and do a neat job.

Think about a lot, and take your time setting it up, take shots from different angles too and different light, usually flash doesn't work as good as natural light, thats why a digital may do a better job plus you see the result immediately.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #12 : March 22, 2006, 04:28:28 PM »

I need some kind of over-coat though. I got a good hat, gun and holster, and shirt and pants don't matter too much, but I need a duster or poncho or something.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #13 : March 22, 2006, 04:58:04 PM »

Just a solid color blanket will do in a pinch (if its something lod just draw a geometrical pattern with a magic marker or just lines,  but if you can find a Mexican pattern or a "Hudson's Bay" blanket that's even better.

But remember its just a prop so it dosen't have to actually be a costume, just the side facing the camera.

Beebs

« #14 : March 22, 2006, 05:32:49 PM »

Mines an 1851 Navy, with Walnut handles I might add. It's the real deal and actually made by Colt. They just reproduced them in the 70's. I think mine's 78 judging by the Serial number.

I just use this old cowboy blanket I've had since I was a littler kid than I am now. I just need to find a good holster to use.

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines