Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 02:23:01 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  the long lost socorro sequence
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2] 3
: the long lost socorro sequence  ( 15069 )
Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

« #15 : April 18, 2006, 04:38:43 AM »

Excuse me, what does "CGI" mean? i'm a poor lonesome froggie who does not speak English so well...

It stands for "Computer-Generated Imagery", which often means "just plain shoddy".  ;) Not in much of Jackson's film, I hasten to add.

When I first saw this thread I miss-read it as "The long lost soccer sequence". Blimey, I thought, I know those Italians like football, but that's just ridiculous...

Leonardo
Gunslinger

"So you're not a businessman after all.."

« #16 : April 18, 2006, 05:30:48 AM »

[quote author=The Firecracker

the REAL  holy grail of cinema hitory is the lost "socorro sequence" in "The good the bad and the ugly".

Did this scene play in its roman premiere? because if it did, that means there are people who actually saw it!!!!! Anybody here?
I'm 100% sure that the Socorro sequence has never been shown in Italy and in the rest of the world. I saw the movie when it premiered in Genoa in 1966, the day after it premiered in Rome and there was no Socorro sequence. To the best of my knowledge, it has never been included, which is also confirmed by the fact that John Kirk, when talking about the restoration of  GBU (see Special Edition, extras) said that they couldn't trace any footage of this sequence, except for some stills for a french trailer.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #17 : April 18, 2006, 08:40:17 AM »

It stands for "Computer-Generated Imagery", which often means "just plain shoddy".  ;) Not in much of Jackson's film, I hasten to add.

When I first saw this thread I miss-read it as "The long lost soccer sequence". Blimey, I thought, I know those Italians like football, but that's just ridiculous...

sorry Juan. will get back on track.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #18 : April 18, 2006, 11:02:57 AM »

When I first saw this thread I miss-read it as "The long lost soccer sequence".

oh wait..."soccer", "Football" ;D

just got it. ;D ;)

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #19 : April 19, 2006, 05:22:12 AM »

Excuse me, what does "CGI" mean? i'm a poor lonesome froggie who does not speak English so well...
computer generated images!!!
Ghastly things :(

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #20 : April 19, 2006, 11:02:18 AM »

Thanks guys!

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #21 : April 19, 2006, 04:37:21 PM »

If (big if) I ever become a film maker, I solemnly promise, God helping me, that I will never, EVER use CGI.  ;)

Saturday nights with Groggy
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #22 : April 19, 2006, 04:39:43 PM »

Me too. If my dream comes true and I become a film maker one day, I will never turn to CGI crap!

Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #23 : April 19, 2006, 05:22:02 PM »

Well, Peacemaker, maybe me, you, and Nobody can just team up and work together on some sort of masterpiece film.  David Lean meets Sergio Leone - how 'bout that?  I can also recruit my best friend (who's a semi-professional cinematographer) and the girl in my English class who looks exactly like Geraldine Chaplin!  Waddya say?  ;D  :P

Fuzzyboots
Road Apple

« #24 : April 27, 2006, 12:16:44 AM »

What actually happens during the socorro scene?

Hanley
Bandido

I'm a llama!

« #25 : April 27, 2006, 02:06:19 AM »

What actually happens during the socorro scene?

It is quite a long scene - I will give a full description of it in my upcoming book (www.gbu-book.com). Basically, after the scene in which Angel Eyes visits a ruined fort (a scene cut from the American release), a pole is seen being raised above a platform in the town square of Socorro (a small town in New Mexico) - it appears to be a gallows but in fact it is a pole for the Confederate flag. A small crowd gathers around the platform and then a group of gentry and a pompous looking nobleman appear. The pompous man starts to deliver a patriotic speech. He is essentially trying to recruit people for the Sibley campaign. Meanwhile, Blondie is upstairs with a woman in a hotel room adjacent to the town square. He can hear the speaker, but tells the woman to close the window. At some point, a dark and glassy eye appears in the knothole of a fence (you can see this sequence in the French trailer on the extras disk of the extended GBU DVDs).¬  A bit later, a number of men enrol and a column with the volunteers marches out of town. The crowd slowly disperses. Tuco comes out from his hiding and goes to the now empty town square. He places his sombrero on the ground and demands that the people place a contribution into it.¬  Tuco drops a half dollar in the hat, so that the locals get the message. The pompous speaker comes out and demands to know what is happening and wants to know for whom the money is. Tuco says that it is for himself . . . the speaker is outraged and bends down to pick up the hat, but in the same moment Tuco pushes him to the ground. In a more rapid and swift action Tuco grabs the speaker by the ankles and raises him upside-down above the hat. He shakes the speaker, and a few coins fall out of the speaker's pockets into the hat . . .. etc

« : April 27, 2006, 02:08:17 AM Hanley »
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #26 : April 27, 2006, 04:14:35 PM »

But there's more to it than that, right? Doesn't Blondie end up depriving Tuco of his ill-gotten gains, playing yet another trick on his erstwhile partner?

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Le Bon
Bounty Killer

You'd better be Bill Carson

« #27 : April 27, 2006, 04:49:32 PM »

Sort of...while Tuco is questioning the bar owner of Blondie's whereabouts the girl flees picking up Tuco's hat with the money in it.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #28 : April 27, 2006, 05:03:26 PM »

Which she presumably shares with Blondie? Or not?

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Groggy
Bounty Killer

« #29 : April 27, 2006, 05:06:58 PM »

Is this another one of those deleted scenes that wouldn't really do anything for the film?  I mean, I would love to see the many still-missing scenes of DYS, but do they really add anything to the movie?  Judging by what I've read of them, not really.  This scene would be interesting to see, but I doubt it would add a lot to the film.

: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines