Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 19, 2022, 10:10:14 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Explanation on this British poster?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 [3]
: Explanation on this British poster?  ( 19378 )
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #30 : July 29, 2006, 08:36:34 AM »

I don't think so. And anyway my explanation of who the 5 are cannot be contradicted.

iceman
Bounty Killer

« #31 : July 29, 2006, 10:41:55 AM »

The solution was brought home to me by reading the list of songs as found in the double bootleg cd posted here:

http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=2872.0

where there is one titled "Due contro cinque" (Two against Five"): which means there is an actual scene where Il biondo and Tuco are pitted against five. Now, even though Sentenza's sidekicks can't be classified even remotely among West's fastest guns and we're dealing here with an exaggeration or misinterpretation by the publicity dept. of the material given to them by the distributors,  I still think we should have arrived at it (even just by way of hypothesis) at once. Why we didn't?

Sorry... still dont understand your Hypothesis. What has Angel Eyes's gang got to do with it. Theres only AE after the gold he's not going to share it with them once he knows the secrets, and how do you explain the "Come and get it" part ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Its probably a goof.....

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #32 : July 29, 2006, 11:57:39 AM »

Goof. It's got to be a goof.

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #33 : July 29, 2006, 12:16:54 PM »

You're presuming that whoever was at publicity dept. knew everything about the movie. Actually I think that he was given some random material like some still, some tune title (apparently) and on that stuff he based his campaign. This does explain why Tuco is portrayed with a rifle he perfunctorily comes in contact with: if at the publicity dept. they were given a still of him while Shorty is hung is natural they assumed that he spent with the rifle more screen time of what he actually does.   
Anyway, the 5 can be only Sentenza's henchmen. They can't   say "come and get it" for the same reason they are not among the West's fastest guns: the publicity dept. didn't know this, only assumed it arbitrarily.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #34 : July 29, 2006, 12:20:28 PM »

I'm assuming that the advertisers seeing that it was " just another Italian slaughter-fest " didn't bother taking the time to write up a good headline. Someone could've wrote five by mistake and instead of reprinting the posters they just said " whatever, it's just a SW nobody will know the difference. "

Le Bon
Bounty Killer

You'd better be Bill Carson

« #35 : July 29, 2006, 01:32:54 PM »

I think it's just a cock up too. As for the rifle, i think they just changed it from the shovel which Tuco is holding in the image from which this is taken and his costume also for dramatic purposes. This is quite common practice. Look at the one of Blondie on the same poster. They have changed his arm from the original still so it is pointing up holding the gun.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #36 : July 29, 2006, 01:37:04 PM »

I think it's just a cock up too. As for the rifle, i think they just changed it from the shovel which Tuco is holding in the image from which this is taken and his costume also for dramatic purposes. This is quite common practice. Look at the one of Blondie on the same poster. They have changed his arm from the original still so it is pointing up holding the gun.

And in a few posters his poncho is red.

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #37 : July 29, 2006, 02:32:12 PM »

Someone could've wrote five by mistake

Possible but highly improbable. This is the kind of thing on which a movie is supposed to deliver. The fact that not, simply, the "fastest guns in the West" but a precise number is indicated, it is a sure sign there was a basis from which this was derived.

About the Tuco costume and shovel hypothesis, they may have a more substantial basis than the former one. Still I think that, if the last one is correct, even the other two may have had the same basis.

iceman
Bounty Killer

« #38 : July 29, 2006, 04:03:44 PM »

Sorry... still dont understand your Hypothesis. What has Angel Eyes's gang got to do with it. Theres only AE after the gold he's not going to share it with them once he knows the secrets, and how do you explain the "Come and get it" part ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Its probably a goof.....

ICE

The pictures on the poster/LP just look like drawings and may have been copied from original photos, but doctored by poetic licence. Blondie on the poster looks similar to the Blondie on the LP cover but his hand is different and his leg is up and the canon is pointing a different way. Where do we see AEin that pose and army outfit? Also the 2 against 5 was not on the LP originally. Didn't it only appear on the remastered versions in later years........still cant believe it refers to AE's gang..its got to be the 5 looking for the cash or its a goof and it should read 3

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #39 : July 29, 2006, 04:19:48 PM »

the publ. dept. wasn't certainly given only material commercially available.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #40 : July 29, 2006, 07:45:34 PM »

we're dealing here with an exaggeration or misinterpretation by the publicity dept

agreed

In NYC when "The Big Gundown" premiered they had stencil spray painted on  the pavement of every street corner at the crosswalks "Mr. Ugly is comming to town" screwing up Tuco for Van Cleef!

idi...iddi... idiots!

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #41 : July 29, 2006, 09:10:12 PM »

That's what I'm saying: they must have a basis from which to screw up things, they didn't invent it: i.e. they were given the "Ugly" exactly as they were given the "5".

: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines