Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 21, 2022, 01:12:55 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Animal training / cruelty
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Animal training / cruelty  ( 10280 )
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

« #15 : June 05, 2006, 09:37:31 AM »

It's a good point, but do you mean the cock fight or the heads blowing off Chickens opening?

It's a good point, but do you mean the cock fight or the heads blowing off Chickens opening?

I also want to say I don't condone Animal Cruelty in films but the sequences in which the horse has been deliberatly felled just don't warrant deletion in my opinion. The MPAA alowed the Chicken sequences to be included because (and I'm not overtly sure how this works) the Chickens were most likely to be killed and eaten anway. I think it's a case of, of this scene is going to disturb you don't watch it. Pat Garret & Billy The Kid is an excellent film in my opinion though, if perhaps one of his most filawed alongside Major Dundee.

« : June 05, 2006, 09:44:13 AM Leone Admirer »

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #16 : June 05, 2006, 04:04:00 PM »

They're both pretty bad although for the latter the chickens were gonna be killed anyway,its still a very indignant way for the poor animals to go :-[
    Apart from that the Pat Garett movie was a huge disappointment considering the actors involved although i liked Dylan as Alias together with his musical score.

columba
Bandido

« #17 : June 09, 2006, 01:53:37 AM »

That doesn't make it acceptable to have them killed in a barbaric way for our entertainment.
Please excuse one liners but I have a bad back at the moment! :)

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

« #18 : June 12, 2006, 12:45:18 AM »

The film groggy is referring about the cat being eaten by rats is from MEN BEHIND THE SUN. A film about the atrocities committed against the chinese by the japanese during WW2-a topic which little is known about in this country. The film is one of the most harrowing ever put to celluloid and is more difficult to sit through than CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST. The sequel BLACK SUN-THE NANKING MASSACRE is equally disturbing. A rough ride that sticks in your mind long after viewing is over.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #19 : June 12, 2006, 01:36:10 AM »

The film groggy is referring about the cat being eaten by rats is from MEN BEHIND THE SUN. A film about the atrocities committed against the chinese by the japanese during WW2-a topic which little is known about in this country. The film is one of the most harrowing ever put to celluloid and is more difficult to sit through than CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST. The sequel BLACK SUN-THE NANKING MASSACRE is equally disturbing. A rough ride that sticks in your mind long after viewing is over.

yes I have heard of these incidents. Nasty situations such as soldiers forcing brothers to have sex with their mothers and so forth. Very disturbing indeed.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #20 : June 12, 2006, 04:46:23 AM »

Firecracker did you see Alex Coxs intro to Django Kill where he said the totally uncut version included much much more unsavoury and depraved material including animal cruelty :-[
I wouldn't want to see a version any longer than what was on ITV4 recently-the same as the DVD i understand. :-\

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #21 : June 12, 2006, 11:30:05 AM »

Firecracker did you see Alex Coxs intro to Django Kill where he said the totally uncut version included much much more unsavoury and depraved material including animal cruelty :-[
I wouldn't want to see a version any longer than what was on ITV4 recently-the same as the DVD i understand. :-\

yes that intrigued me. I wonder if that is actually true or is just a rumor. I wouldnt mind seeing the full version if it does exist.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #22 : June 12, 2006, 04:51:41 PM »

Ah, thanks for reminding me.  Is the movie actually worth watching or is it just a gore film?  I know quite a bit about Unit 731 and other Japanese atrocities during WWII, so the subject matter seem interesting, but from what I've read it seems mostly focused on the gross-out factor.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #23 : June 12, 2006, 05:06:39 PM »

yes that intrigued me. I wonder if that is actually true or is just a rumor. I wouldnt mind seeing the full version if it does exist.
Maybe theres some photo stills remaining just like there are for DYS? ::)

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #24 : June 12, 2006, 05:10:31 PM »

Maybe theres some photo stills remaining just like there are for DYS? ::)

dont think so. I cant imagine anybody wanting to save lost footage from Django Kill.
That is something to ask Tomas Milian.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #25 : June 12, 2006, 05:15:28 PM »

dont think so. I cant imagine anybody wanting to save lost footage from Django Kill.
That is something to ask Tomas Milian.
Might be worth an internet search-but i'm not sure if i care about the movie enough to bother-its only curiousity because i can't stand Django Kill.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

« #26 : June 12, 2006, 05:35:15 PM »

its only curiousity because i can't stand Django Kill.
ditto.

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

« #27 : June 12, 2006, 10:31:55 PM »

For Groggy, it's a little of both actually. The focal point of the story is a group of young kids who are forced to become soldiers in the japanese army and witness many atrocities committed against the chinese and russians during the war. Both films are amazingly accurate and as depressingly bleak and violent as they may be they don't begin to reach the surface of far more brutal actions perpetrated on the chinese people. Have you read the NYTimes bestseller THE RAPE OF NANKING? If not you should buy it immediately as it is one of the most tragic and thought provoking books you're ever likely to read. The author Sylvia Chang was found dead last year on a dead end road with a bullet in her head. She had been travelling around the US as well as Japan teaching the youth of today about what happened since in Japan there school books are altered so as not to mention anything that had happened there. A fascinating read. I also have a book entitled HORRORS OF WAR: JAPANESE WAR CRIMES IN WW2. There is great details about camp 731 and Nanking as well as the many tortures and instances of barbarism even cannibalism among the jap soldiers who were ordered at one point to eat the dead POWs. It's strange that our government covered most of this up because japan was seen as a future allie so instead of executing all of the war criminals they simply let them stay in power. What the japanese did to the chinese was far worse than anything Hitler did to the jews. In fact some of the jap atrocities even disturbed the nazis. I also have a dvd I picked up in chinatown called HORROR IN THE EAST that covers Nanking and Pearl Harbor that even has interviews with surviving Nanking victims as well as a japanese officer who was a kamikaze that survived. He states that many of the young boys didn't want to die for Japan but if they refused they would be executed on the spot. Also in the BLACK SUN movie actual footage of atrocities is inserted into the film at certain spots during the movie. This footage was captured by a sympathetic nazi named John Rabe who had smuggled the footage inside the lining of his jacket in hopes of getting the killings halted. This footage turned up as a propaganda film back in 1945. Be warned about the two films however as they are extremely difficult to watch.

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines