Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 30, 2021, 08:14:17 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Best Leone western according SLWB people
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Best Leone western according SLWB people  ( 9133 )
JamesK
Bandido

« #15 : July 10, 2006, 05:18:33 PM »

It doesn't really bother me that Fistful borrows from Yojimbo, since Yojimbo borrowed from Red Harvest.  That's fine with me, though perhaps some allow themselves to get twisted up in knots over the way these films are related.

I rewatched Fistful this evening, and enjoyed it as much as I always do.  But, again, it just made me want to watch For a Few Dollars More right away.

Out West: The All-Fiction Western 'Zine
--> Submit today! <--
buff64
Chicken Thief

you brought two too many

« #16 : July 10, 2006, 10:02:06 PM »

Equally love all Leone's movies but OUATIW is the one
 closest to my heart.

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

« #17 : July 17, 2006, 02:40:04 PM »

Once Upon A Time In The West. Not only Leone's best Western, but also the best Western in general. And not only the best Western in general, but also the best film in general.

Leonardo
Gunslinger

"So you're not a businessman after all.."

« #18 : July 25, 2006, 07:11:08 AM »

Sorry if this is subject has been yet treated here, but how are the opinions around here? I did put a poll on this subject some time ago and GBU wins CLEARLY. But if you go to IMDB, the general audiences equal GBU and... OUTW!! (8.8 / 8.7).

My theory is that general audiences are equalized, but SPAGHETTI WESTERN FANS prefer GBU (like me; in fact I don't like OUTW).

WEKurtz--

There is no doubt in my mind: OUTIW is not only the best western ever made, but one of the best movies of all times.
In one of his interviews, John Milius (Big wednesday) said that when he first saw the OUTIW, he knew that this movie was different and that it was going to be remembered forever...
I feel the same!

JamesK
Bandido

« #19 : July 25, 2006, 07:14:00 AM »

I wouldn't go that far, myself, but I will say that the opening sequence of the film is probably the best such thing I've seen in any film.

Out West: The All-Fiction Western 'Zine
--> Submit today! <--
Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

It'll hurt if you are cut.

« #20 : July 25, 2006, 08:50:38 AM »

I love all of Leone films. But when you talk about his westerns, to me, OUTIW is not only the best spaghetti western (Leone didn't like this name) but definitely one of the best (if not simply the best) western films. From the first time I saw this, it has become a very special film for me.   

Leone integrated his aesthetic in all aspects of film making into this film. Among Leone westerns, OUTIW is the most ambitious project. By telling the history of old west, he put all his affection and passion for western movies in OUTIW. How can this not  be an ultimate Leone western?   

« : July 25, 2006, 09:00:31 AM Sanjuro »

<br />\"Be bold like an angel, meticulous like a devil.\" (Akira Kurosawa)
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

« #21 : July 28, 2006, 08:38:48 AM »

Not only that: although GBU is well-known among casual film viewers, OUATITW is virtually unknown.

Here in the Czech Republic it is the opposite: OUATITW is well-known, even people who haven't seen it (me included, unfortunatelly) know the name and have an idea of an extraordinal film. When I mention GBU, I have to add OUATITW is made by the same director. In Czechoslovakian film database (http://www.csfd.cz) OUATITW is the seventh and GBU the sixteenth (but with some Czech films before it, so among foreign titles it would be higher). I think this is really good... two Leone's films among the first twenty. OUATIA is 51.

(BTW, if you like horrors, check out number ten, The Cremator in English. One of the best films I have ever seen, though I wouldn't say I liked it. And check it out even if you don't like them.  ;D)

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

« #22 : July 28, 2006, 08:47:57 AM »

You havent seen this until you have seen it in widescreen.

So I haven't seen it. ;D I really liked the second part, honestly I liked it as soon as Sean appeared on the screen. The partnership gives great touch...
I think widescreen is matter of all Leone's films. I'm pretty sure I missed a lot, but believe me, I'm glad I saw it, with all those difficulties to find it here.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines