Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2022, 12:19:44 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Embarassing Cinematic Moments that make you cringe!
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3 ... 6
: Embarassing Cinematic Moments that make you cringe!  ( 31857 )
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« : August 21, 2006, 03:12:25 AM »

The idea of this thread came to mind while thinking about LVC waltzing with Gianni Garko(i incorrectly stated elsewhere today that he was never in a bad sw :-[ ) in Bad Mans River.I know its meant to be a comedy but this little episode is just not funny,in fact its TOTALLY EMBARRASING as well as upseting seeing two of my top sw hero's doing something decidedly uncool.
    Does anyone else have any similar cringeworthy memories from a film? :-\

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

« #1 : August 21, 2006, 08:00:49 AM »

I'm pretty sure I have, but I cannot remember ???... It must have been a comedy, too. Something trying to be funny but being awkward actually... I cannot tell.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #2 : August 21, 2006, 02:30:17 PM »

When I first heard about Brokeback Mountain.  ;D

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

« #3 : August 22, 2006, 12:00:36 AM »

Ah, I remember, it was one of them! Especially when my mom got interested in it and spent about an hour on the internet reading articles about it!

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Blueberry
Gunslinger

I've been to Sugar Town and I shook the sugar down

« #4 : August 22, 2006, 02:08:48 AM »

Well actually there's a moment in OUATIA: the "Yesterday"- sequence...

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #5 : August 22, 2006, 04:11:08 AM »

Hey don't wanna turn this into some kinda homophobic thread(we're better than that!) but while we're on the subject  ;D in Terry Giliams brilliant The Fisher King,the bald headed drag queen screeching out some show tune to Lydia to gain a date with the Robin Williams character always makes me cringe-though i can put up with Williams dragging his bare ass doggy style across Central Park and refering to his excrement as the "little people"! ;D

« : August 22, 2006, 08:22:45 AM banjo »
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #6 : August 22, 2006, 05:06:35 AM »

LOL yeah.  If that movie had been about heterosexuals do you think anyone would have given a crap? 

I've not seen "Crash", but I am just so glad "Brokeback" didn't win an Oscar - that took a load off my chest.

Saturday nights with Groggy
Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #7 : August 22, 2006, 08:21:30 AM »

LOL yeah.  If that movie had been about heterosexuals do you think anyone would have given a crap? 

I've not seen "Crash", but I am just so glad "Brokeback" didn't win an Oscar - that took a load off my chest.
I couldn't give a damn about stupid Oscars and all the politics it entails.I haven't seen Brokeback nor do i intend to but i'm surprised at the amount of stick this film gets by people who've never even watched it and yet get so hot under the collar because it includes(shock,horror) gays :o ;D
Live and let live i say :)

boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

Do you think I'm just..anyone? DO you?

« #8 : August 22, 2006, 08:31:07 AM »

When I first read the title to this thread...I thought you were referring to things like...breaking wind while watching a movie...not being able to stop hiccuping...stuff like that  :D ::) he he

"'Don't take any chances you don't have to, don't trust anybody you don't have to trust and don't do no favors you don't have to do"- Ace Hanna
Jon0

« #9 : August 22, 2006, 08:36:48 AM »

Definitely.  Ever heard of The Notebook, or any other romance stuff like that?

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

« #10 : August 22, 2006, 09:41:26 AM »

i'm surprised at the amount of stick this film gets by people who've never even watched it and yet get so hot under the collar because it includes(shock,horror) gays :o ;D
Live and let live i say :)

I would... but my problem with it is - what's so interesting about gays? They are, all right... At first they were banned and now they are almost exalted. I would prefer something in the middle.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #11 : August 22, 2006, 02:52:20 PM »

Theres sod all interesting about gays.I'm not bothered about Brokeback Mountain mainly beause i can't stand any sort of love story-gay,straight or otherwise.
   The point i was making is that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.Several cinema's at the time of Life Of Brians release banned this film without seeing it on the mis-apprehension that it was blasphemous.In fact it was about a bloke called Brian during the time of Jesus and much of this film was poking fun at the organised church rather than the Christian faith itself,as well as having a dig at that left wing side of late 70's British politics.

Poggle
Bounty Killer

« #12 : August 22, 2006, 03:01:57 PM »

I haven't seen Brokeback but what I can't stand how people now refere to being gay as "The Brokeback thing! LOL!" as if being gay is a new thing. It's called being gay, not "The Brokeback thing!" ::)

The fact that a movie was made with contemporary politics in mind like that is what turns me off of it. I prefere gay movies like The Conformist where homosexuality is not for the sake of making a "breakthrough" in mainstream cinema but in the plot because it fits in the context of the story.

Embarrassing moment - The scene on My Name is Nobody where Nobody is fighting the guys with the spinning carnival guy. The music is... :-[

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

« #13 : August 22, 2006, 03:02:46 PM »

When Sofia opens her mouth in Godfather Part III

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Banjo
Bounty Killer

« #14 : August 22, 2006, 03:06:38 PM »

I haven't seen Brokeback but what I can't stand how people now refere to being gay as "The Brokeback thing! LOL!"
Fair enough-but that doesn't really have a bearing on the films merits itself? ::)

: [1] 2 3 ... 6  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines