Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2021, 05:21:14 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Ending
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: The Ending  ( 17547 )
Kurugen

« : October 23, 2006, 04:17:01 PM »

Allright i dont know if this has been discussed but remember at the end when we see Harmonicas brother then it cuts to 3 or 4 peoples faces. Do you guys think those faces are the ones that Harmonica metioned earlier? Like Dave Jenkins and so on.

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

« #1 : October 23, 2006, 04:25:02 PM »

That's a good theory. I mean, Frank looks like he's killed a lot of people in his ripe age. It doesn't seem like he would so prominently remember the names of all the people he killed, but if they were members of his gang, and he was particularly close to them, it would explain the shocked look on his face when Harmonica says "Dave Jenkins" and "Calder Benson."

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

« #2 : October 24, 2006, 04:54:54 AM »

Good idea!

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Poggle
Bounty Killer

« #3 : October 24, 2006, 02:43:36 PM »

Isn't one of them Benito Steffanelli though?

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #4 : October 24, 2006, 04:05:05 PM »

Isn't one of them Benito Steffanelli though?

No. Steffanelli is part of Frank's new gang.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #5 : October 25, 2006, 12:42:51 PM »

I've heard that theory, but I don't buy it.  They're just some dudes. . .

Saturday nights with Groggy
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #6 : October 25, 2006, 01:14:13 PM »

Let's put it this way: there is no reason to suppose that the Monument Valley gang consists of Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, et. al. There is nothing to prevent that understanding, however.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Aguirre
Bandido

I am the wrath of God!

« #7 : October 25, 2006, 09:27:09 PM »

Besides Dave Jenkins and the other guy being in that same gang that killed Harmonica's brother, how else would he know the other people Frank has killed?

Actually. that gives his character a more mystical feeling.
I'm gonna go with that it's not the same guys. Either way, it's pretty trivial.

Cast no shadows - Draw no light. I rape the priestess on pagan's night.
Kurugen

« #8 : October 25, 2006, 09:37:51 PM »

when you think about it depends on how you see Harmonica.Personally i think hes the avenging angel not only for his brother but for everyone else Frank killed.But thats just me.

ellisc
Chicken Thief

I'm a llama!

« #9 : October 26, 2006, 12:17:01 PM »

Nope.  Those bums were just members of Frank's gang when Frank was just starting out.  I'm sure Frank had several iterations of gang members.

Dave Jenkins and the other names were murdered by Frank along the way as Frank's ambitions and stature grew.  Harmonica is actually a stalker, if you think about it.  Watching and studying Frank throughout the years, keeping up with his kills, rapes, thefts, etc.  Nothing mystical, just getting his revenge at the end.  Snubbing an evil man out of this world is Harmonica's mission.

Kurugen

« #10 : October 26, 2006, 09:25:17 PM »

Nope.  Those bums were just members of Frank's gang when Frank was just starting out.  I'm sure Frank had several iterations of gang members.

Dave Jenkins and the other names were murdered by Frank along the way as Frank's ambitions and stature grew.  Harmonica is actually a stalker, if you think about it.  Watching and studying Frank throughout the years, keeping up with his kills, rapes, thefts, etc.  Nothing mystical, just getting his revenge at the end.  Snubbing an evil man out of this world is Harmonica's mission.

So do you think thats hes a mortal?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #11 : October 27, 2006, 03:17:25 AM »

The way he pops up after shot at the Cattle Corner Station is supernatural.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #12 : October 27, 2006, 02:57:43 PM »

Or merely a genre convention.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Kurugen

« #13 : October 27, 2006, 06:52:02 PM »

Or merely a genre convention.

Or how about when Jills at the McBain house and hears Harmonica playing his harmonica and then a match is struck and jill shoots him almost point blank with a 2 gauge shotgun(was it?) and then the match falls but we still hear Harmonica playing his harmonica.

Tim

« #14 : October 28, 2006, 06:28:12 AM »

Besides Dave Jenkins and the other guy being in that same gang that killed Harmonica's brother, how else would he know the other people Frank has killed?

I always assumed Harmonica has been following Frank around all these years so he would know what's he been up to, including men he has killed.  If Harmonica's in a town and finds out about a murder that sounds similar to how Frank handles things, he could piece everything together......Frank killed another one.

However, I do put some merit in the Harmonica supernatural possibilities.  As an Angel of Death, he'd know all those names.  And cigar's right, the way he pops up after being shot at Cattle Corner is very supernatural. 

: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines