Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 07, 2021, 11:48:56 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Arena Concerto CD
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Arena Concerto CD  ( 5409 )
Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

It'll hurt if you are cut.

« : November 12, 2006, 08:38:02 PM »

If any of you have this CD, how do you compare it to Maestro's another live CD "Cinema Concerto"?

« : November 12, 2006, 11:41:04 PM Sanjuro »

<br />\"Be bold like an angel, meticulous like a devil.\" (Akira Kurosawa)
Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

« #1 : November 14, 2006, 12:50:07 AM »

Nobody has this album? C'mon, somebody must have it. Let me hear your opinion.

redrum
Chicken Thief

« #2 : November 14, 2006, 01:43:50 AM »

Sanjuro I have it and I can confirm it is quality, excellently produced and the bonus stuff is good too. The documentary is played on a big screen prior to the concerts, least it was at the 2003 birthday one. Dont have the other one you mention will try to get it.  Will you be going to the Hammersmith show mate?

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

« #3 : November 14, 2006, 02:07:06 AM »

Sanjuro I have it and I can confirm it is quality, excellently produced and the bonus stuff is good too. The documentary is played on a big screen prior to the concerts, least it was at the 2003 birthday one. Dont have the other one you mention will try to get it.  Will you be going to the Hammersmith show mate?

Finally! Thanks for the info, redrum. Sounds like you are talking about the DVD edition of "Arena Concerto". But it's good to know that DVD has a bonus and a documentary. It's definitely worth getting it. 

The other album "Cinema Concerto" is an excellent recording also. It contains "Ecstasy of Gold". I guess this album is a great companion to "Arena Concerto".

I'm afraid Hammersmith is a bit too far for me, but tell us all about it after you attend. 

« : November 14, 2006, 03:56:17 PM Sanjuro »

redrum
Chicken Thief

« #4 : November 14, 2006, 03:55:30 AM »

Yes Sanjuro apologies, I was talking about the DVD, it is a must buy..... sorry to hear that the concert is too far for you I will let you know how it goes. 

Blueberry
Gunslinger

I've been to Sugar Town and I shook the sugar down

« #5 : November 15, 2006, 02:55:10 AM »

I've got it as well, and the DVD; however, I don't have the Cinema Concerto.

Well - I think it's pretty good. Some minor flaws. Organ instead of soprano in Once/West. E of G doesn't have the same energy. But those are details. Love Fistful Dollars theme and Once/America and Gabriel's Obo and Cinema Paradiso - that piano blows me away - can't wait to hear it all live.

Actually I recommend the Prague Symphonics double CD with Morricone Themes. Starts out heftily with a damn fine and hefty version of Harmonica's theme.

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

« #6 : November 15, 2006, 11:09:03 AM »

I've got it as well, and the DVD; however, I don't have the Cinema Concerto.

Well - I think it's pretty good. Some minor flaws. Organ instead of soprano in Once/West. E of G doesn't have the same energy. But those are details. Love Fistful Dollars theme and Once/America and Gabriel's Obo and Cinema Paradiso - that piano blows me away - can't wait to hear it all live.

Actually I recommend the Prague Symphonics double CD with Morricone Themes. Starts out heftily with a damn fine and hefty version of Harmonica's theme.

Thank you for your info too, Blueberry. I noticed that DVD version of "Arena Concerto" has more tracks than CD. Naturally DVD is more expensive but I  guess I have to get this.

"Cinema Concerto" is a wonderful album. OUTIW is performed by beutiful soprano. And this album has more tracks than "Arena Concerto" CD. You should definitely have this.

http://www.amazon.com/Cinema-Concerto-Ennio-Morricone-Cecilia/dp/B00004OCR6/sr=1-1/qid=1163613230/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-5243182-6204858?ie=UTF8&s=music

And what is the album name of the Prague Symphony CD?

Blueberry
Gunslinger

« #7 : November 20, 2006, 08:00:40 AM »

The Prague Orchestra:

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/185131/Essential_Ennio_Morricone_Collection/Product.html

Arena DVD is excellent - and directed by his son, I think... Project it on a big screen, and make sure the sound is tip top and lie back on the couch. Quality of life.

Sanjuro
Bounty Killer

« #8 : November 20, 2006, 09:06:34 AM »

The Prague Orchestra:

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/185131/Essential_Ennio_Morricone_Collection/Product.html

Arena DVD is excellent - and directed by his son, I think... Project it on a big screen, and make sure the sound is tip top and lie back on the couch. Quality of life.

Again, thank you for the info, Blueberry. I just listened to the samples. I can tell the performace is very good. But is this conducted by Morricone?

I don't have a big screen for "Arena Concerto" but seeing maestro's performance is quality of life for sure. 

Blueberry
Gunslinger

« #9 : November 22, 2006, 03:06:39 AM »

Again, thank you for the info, Blueberry. I just listened to the samples. I can tell the performace is very good. But is this conducted by Morricone?

Nope - but excellent performances and sound. Harmonica live! Rules.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines