Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2022, 01:12:33 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Overrated Films
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 [3]
: Overrated Films  ( 13836 )
CISCO

« #30 : December 04, 2006, 05:55:36 PM »

i also realise its an essential part to how the story develops, and there's some great moments in this section of the film. i suppose it just reminds me too much of an american styled western, and i can't stand classic american westerns
pix, i'm astonished you don't like GB&U. nevertheless it's your progrative. what comes to your mind when tuco meets up w/ his long lost brother pablo.

also there are some AW i'd like your opinion on namely hombre, the man who shot leberity valance. john ford films.....bring me the head of al mulock.  :-\

GB&U ? how many times have you seen it.  if all civil wars scenes were deleted what GB&U scenes did you enjoy ?

pixelated
Gunslinger

perhaps.. i have a dream

« #31 : December 04, 2006, 06:02:11 PM »

don't get me wrong, i love GBU..

again, i must emphasize that's not to say i don't love and enjoy GBU. the others are just more my style

;)

its not that i dislike GBU, its just that its not my favorite and it seems that it is most people's favorite Leone/western

i greatly appreciate what GBU is, and even still many of the scenes related to the civil war- such as when the prisoners are being forced to continue playing music

i've just never been a big fan of war movies in general, and while there are many spaghettis that have elements of the civil war, most do not heavily concentrate on it. GBU does not for the most part either, but the decent sized chunk that does is enough to move it down my favorites list.

CISCO

« #32 : December 04, 2006, 06:19:21 PM »

;)

its not that i dislike GBU, its just that its not my favorite and it seems that it is most people's favorite Leone/western

i greatly appreciate what GBU is, and even still many of the scenes related to the civil war- such as when the prisoners are being forced to continue playing music

i've just never been a big fan of war movies in general, and while there are many spaghettis that have elements of the civil war, most do not heavily concentrate on it. GBU does not for the most part either, but the decent sized chunk that does is enough to move it down my favorites list.

i can appreaciate where you're comming from pix. please tellus a few of your  favorites and why. whats your take, assuming you've watched on OUATITW ?

there are certian ambiances questions i'd like to ask you later.

« : December 04, 2006, 06:23:56 PM cisco »
pixelated
Gunslinger

perhaps.. i have a dream

« #33 : December 04, 2006, 06:20:44 PM »

also there are some AW i'd like your opinion on namely hombre, the man who shot leberity valance. john ford films.....bring me the head of al mulock.  :-\

to be fair, i have not seen any of these. perhaps i am missing out on the best AWs.

but i can't stand many of the classic AW actors- especially john wayne. i hate the way the ones i have seen are shot, the costumes, music, etc... its hard for me to give something a chance when i can't even enjoy looking at it.

but again, perhaps i should pop a few in so i can be better informed on something i dislike  ;)

CISCO

« #34 : December 04, 2006, 06:47:32 PM »

to be fair, i have not seen any of these. perhaps i am missing out on the best AWs.

but i can't stand many of the classic AW actors- especially john wayne. i hate the way the ones i have seen are shot, the costumes, music, etc... its hard for me to give something a chance when i can't even enjoy looking at it.

but again, perhaps i should pop a few in so i can be better informed on something i dislike  ;)
cool pix. for once it's stimulating finding out what you dislike. let me ask this if i may . what about GB&U's
music ? what's your opinion ?

Aguirre
Bandido

I am the wrath of God!

« #35 : December 04, 2006, 09:01:17 PM »

Goodfellas is actually pretty overrated to me. Just another gangster story. Scarface was more compelling.

Cast no shadows - Draw no light. I rape the priestess on pagan's night.
Jon1

« #36 : December 04, 2006, 09:07:08 PM »

Ouch...everybody's knocking Goodfellas.  I love that movie!

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #37 : December 04, 2006, 09:54:10 PM »

Scarface was more compelling.

:-\

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Tuco the ugly

« #38 : December 05, 2006, 07:03:39 AM »

Goodfellas is actually pretty overrated to me. Just another gangster story. Scarface was more compelling.

overrated,both of them

pixelated
Gunslinger

perhaps.. i have a dream

« #39 : December 05, 2006, 04:48:07 PM »

whats your take, assuming you've watched on OUATITW ?

i don't feel i have much to say, that hasn't been said by many others already. by far my favorite Leone film- i consider it an absolute masterpiece. i love everything about this movie. even outside of the western genre, i've always loved slow moving films, with attention to detail and the way everything is shot.  i love the way it creates that atmosphere that allows you to just kind of hang in it. there are so many scenes in this film that come across with incredible power, yet nothing is shot in a way that forces itself onto you. the music is used perfectly, and scored perfectly as well.. just can't say enough good things about OUATITW, but like i said- its all been said before ;)

CISCO

« #40 : December 06, 2006, 09:26:31 AM »

watched scarface the other night.  " i'll bury the filty cock - a - roach". pachino is such a gas. one of my favorites.

: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines