Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 04, 2024, 09:52:34 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Blu Ray vs. HD DVD
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3 ... 6
: Blu Ray vs. HD DVD  ( 30768 )
Silenzio
Bounty Killer

« : December 28, 2006, 01:41:14 PM »

Which one is better? Does anybody know? Which one provides better definition and such?

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #1 : December 28, 2006, 01:48:04 PM »

What's the difference?

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

« #2 : December 28, 2006, 01:50:55 PM »

What's the difference?

I dunno, I was hoping someone here could tell me.

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

« #3 : December 28, 2006, 02:04:03 PM »

except for sound nothing really.Same quality on video except that you have to buy a certain player to play them.Personally i will stick to dvds because I can live with regular stereo sound than HD.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #4 : December 28, 2006, 03:31:20 PM »

Gonna sit this one out (with my massive DVD collection for company) and wait to see which format survives the other. If a clear winner doesn't emerge soon there is no reason to go with either as the next generation of technology will supercede both.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #5 : December 28, 2006, 05:01:44 PM »

Gonna sit this one out (with my massive DVD collection for company) and wait to see which format survives the other. If a clear winner doesn't emerge soon there is no reason to go with either as the next generation of technology will supercede both.

Here here! They haven't even released all the films I'm waiting for on regular DVD, why screw around with this.

Sh*t on Blue Ray or HD is still Sh*t!

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Silenzio
Bounty Killer

« #6 : December 28, 2006, 05:02:58 PM »

I agree, I wasn't ever really considering "Going With" either of them any time soon. Hell, there's only one movie that i know of that's out on HD DVD that would interest me at all, and that's The Searchers.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #7 : December 28, 2006, 05:03:26 PM »

Sh*t on Blue Ray or HD is still Sh*t!

They should use that for advertising.

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

« #8 : December 28, 2006, 05:32:26 PM »

Which one is better?

Personally I think Hi Def is better because the Blu Ray player doesnt seem to be that playable.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

« #9 : December 28, 2006, 07:15:09 PM »

Hi-Def is the more 'user-friendly' option in terms that HD players should be able to play normal DVD's ans cheaper where as the Blue-Ray limits it's self on marketing via PS3 and the distant hope that one day there may be a HD/Blueray hybrid player. I reckon this'll play out like the laserdisc, the people who own it will be the top of the line HT guys or people who just have to have the latest technology. I'm picking up the new HD player to go with my new XBox 360 but I'm not going to double dip on the 800+ DVD collection I have now. Personally I see Blue Ray is going to be the looser in this, just my two cents  :)

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #10 : December 28, 2006, 11:00:49 PM »

I think that one should reflect on how many people (I'm referring to Italy, though) stuck with VHS as to recording. I keep wondering if this multiplication of standards is part of a commercial strategy or what.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #11 : January 04, 2007, 04:43:49 PM »

Interesting news: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6230925.stm

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #12 : January 04, 2007, 05:02:32 PM »

Bah...

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #13 : January 04, 2007, 05:09:16 PM »

Which means what?

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #14 : January 04, 2007, 06:20:57 PM »

The problem is not only with players but, at least for me, with recording. I have many american correspondents with whom I trade movies and they are, like me, still at large as to which kind of dvd recorders to buy, dvd-r or +r. Which is the same dilemma we had 4 years ago when dvd-recorders were put on the market. This debate blue-ray-hdd is completely out of tune with the whole situation which still has to decide what is the media by which I can make recordings, not to talk of what kind of support I can play. BTW I also heard about great problems that Blue Ray disks have with passing from one layer to the other. I don't know about the other system Also, I still have to understand what is the dependability of the various systems. Nobody has clear answers about that or, if they have, they are not at all satisfying. ntil all this mess of problems won't find a solution I think we'll keep on habvin people recording on vhs.   

: [1] 2 3 ... 6  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines