Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2021, 04:01:29 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Eastwoods worst western?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
: Eastwoods worst western?  ( 30093 )
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #60 : March 08, 2007, 03:57:53 PM »

Gonna use oil based paint,because the wood is piine!

...Ponderosa piiiiiine!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_OOgglfCfU

Sgt. Angel eyes
Chicken Thief

I wish you luck!

« #61 : March 29, 2007, 08:47:12 PM »

Anyone notice how much the bullwhipped and shot to death Sheriff in the High Plains flashback scene, looks very much like Clint? Enough to be brothers even. Could be revenge? They never really developed the setup very much in my eyes, or the meat of it was edited out. I would vote for Paint Your Wagon. I can't bring myself to hate many Clint movies, and Joe Kidd I have never seen lately. I don't even remember the story line. Pale Rider is pretty good for a modern Western. Two Mules doesn't even bother me that much.,,,,SAE

eidt: Ohhhhhh, Joe KIdd, the "Where's Luis Chama" movie. I remember now. ;)

« : March 29, 2007, 08:52:50 PM Sgt. Angel eyes »

How's your digestion now??
Man with no dame

« #62 : May 23, 2007, 05:36:06 PM »

Everything in "hang em high" is just to new and clean..... from the sets to the characters... ie not true to life. Now compare SL's films and well..!!!!!!!!!!!! what more can I say

ICE
  There seems to be a popular misconception on the board, that our ancestors were grubby little piglets rolling in the mud all day. I mean, if filth implies realism, then a junk yard must be HDTV. The truth is, our settlers could not wait to build their cities into cosmopolitan rivals of Paris, London and San Francisco and they dressed accordingly. True, trail hands and farmers got pretty filthy, but I'm sure they washed when given the opportunity. Most of the characters in SL westerns are clean and wearing decent attire. Look how well Van Cleef was dressed. Now, to say Hang Em High was bad because of good hygiene is totally ridiculous. I always thought HEH and High Plains Drifter were the two best examples of Clint's work after Leone. The characters were closest to MWNN. The movie that irked me the most was The Beguiled. Clint basically gets a two hour long castration. Seen it once, that was enough.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #63 : May 23, 2007, 07:21:21 PM »

I'd half agree, I think HPD and Two Mules were the closest in characters to the NWNN ;)

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Man with no dame

« #64 : May 25, 2007, 05:56:24 AM »

I'd half agree, I think HPD and Two Mules were the closest in characters to the NWNN ;)
  There was too much comedy in Two Mules to remind me of Leone. With all the talent poured into this one, it should have been much better.

Mw/NNrules

« #65 : October 25, 2007, 04:36:47 PM »

If Paint Your Wagon is indeed more a western than musical than it takes the prize over all others.

Yojimbo501

« #66 : October 27, 2007, 08:42:36 PM »

Paint your Wagon SUCKED.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #67 : October 27, 2007, 08:46:46 PM »

The movie that irked me the most was The Beguiled. Clint basically gets a two hour long castration. Seen it once, that was enough.
This one gets my vote as well.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Senza
Bounty Killer

You think you're better that I am?

« #68 : March 18, 2013, 02:30:23 AM »

I'd go with Hang 'Em High too.

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Senza
Bounty Killer

You think you're better that I am?

« #69 : March 18, 2013, 03:23:14 AM »

But it's definitely not has bad as Tightrope (1984) - which is probably my least favourite CE movie.

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

« #70 : March 18, 2013, 05:56:04 PM »

I think i'm the only one here who (gasp) really enjoys Paint Your Wagon, even better than Pale Rider.

Nope. In fact Paint Your Wagon is one of my favourite Clint movies. One just has to watch it in context and forget about his roles in GBU, FOD, FAFDM, etc.

My favourite scene:

Lee Marvin: And where...AHAHA! was your horse?
Clint: You had my horse!

Another one:

Are you a doctor?
Horse doctor, but bones is bones!

C'mon guys, relax and enjoy it. Paint Your Wagon is a fun Western comedy and you have to take it as such!  ;)

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #71 : March 18, 2013, 06:29:30 PM »

It's an atrocious turkey regardless of the context. Except maybe The Simpsons.

Saturday nights with Groggy
O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

« #72 : March 19, 2013, 04:56:08 PM »

It's an atrocious turkey regardless of the context. Except maybe The Simpsons.

OK, then we agree to disagree.  :)

stanton
Bounty Killer

« #73 : March 20, 2013, 02:38:52 AM »

Paint Your Wagon is a disaster. But it is not an Eastwood movie. Just one he only acted in.

The weakest Eastwood western is the lame Joe Kidd.

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #74 : March 20, 2013, 03:34:35 AM »

Meh, Joe Kidd's better than Hang 'Em High.

Saturday nights with Groggy
: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines