Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 14, 2024, 06:52:51 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Circular "ring" - corrida?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: Circular "ring" - corrida?  ( 7762 )
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« : February 06, 2007, 08:10:46 PM »

Near beginning of GBU, as Angel eyes rides up to Stevens' place, he passes a circular stone ring (corrida?) like at the end of For a Few Dollars More.  I don't know if this was the same location, or what, but bet someone on this board knows.  Any ideas?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #1 : February 07, 2007, 05:09:21 AM »

don't know, but check the locations websites, can't remember if its one long take till he gets to the hacienda or not but the hacienda still exits as a hotel I believe.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
CISCO

« #2 : February 07, 2007, 05:11:33 AM »

Near beginning of GBU, as Angel eyes rides up to Stevens' place, he passes a circular stone ring (corrida?) like at the end of For a Few Dollars More.  I don't know if this was the same location, or what, but bet someone on this board knows.  Any ideas?
good observation. my guess is either leone, like hitchcock, making one of his cameos, this corrida to is a sign of things to come.

i think FOD had none. FFDM's derelict corida, leone thought let's make a very big one in my next feature. plus a 3 was standoff. but it wasn't untill leone had the cash from the first two films to actually create the humongous sadhill surrounding the corada of his dreams.

as we all know when we watch we see things get bigger...and better as the triligoy moves on.

until OUATITW when the corida frank and harmonica duel in is in the picture 3 -4 seconds as a camers on a crane backs off.  like a corida metamorphosis. the simble in OUATITW the corrida represents the old west that was dying.  

« : February 07, 2007, 05:16:52 AM cisco »
Tuco the ugly

« #3 : February 07, 2007, 07:52:16 AM »

could be

iceman
Bounty Killer

« #4 : February 07, 2007, 04:58:46 PM »

I'm sure the stone circle in FFDM was and still is in Los Alboroques (something like that) ie Aqua Caliente. Stephens place was a farm of some description which is still there but a bit run down, but I dont think it was in the same location.  Cant seem to remember where it was. The well has also gone. The location that is now a hotel, is the house where Marisol was kept in FOD.

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
CISCO

« #5 : February 07, 2007, 05:36:11 PM »

could be
maybe not 

« : February 07, 2007, 05:40:51 PM cisco »
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #6 : February 07, 2007, 07:28:33 PM »

yes the "little house" is the hotel

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Tuco the ugly

« #7 : February 07, 2007, 09:10:02 PM »

maybe not 

maybe

sadhill
Gunslinger

"Un-k...Un-K......... There's no name on it."

« #8 : February 08, 2007, 09:35:43 AM »

piribiriboing
Bandido

« #9 : February 08, 2007, 01:00:50 PM »

Not the same location but not far one from the other, as you can see in this map
http://xoomer.alice.it/leonewestern/mappaalbaricoques-minas.html
at this page
http://xoomer.alice.it/leonewestern/pagina5/pagina5.html

Anyway those circular areas are common around the almerian cortijos. There are behind the cortijo del fraile (mission), cortijo de los genoveses (Sancho Perez jail in FFDM) and in the rape scene in Giù la Testa. Dont'know the exact english name, my dictionary says "threshing floor", so is an existing area used in the scenes. Instead it was built up for the cemetery duel and the corral-type ring at the end of OUTW.

« : February 08, 2007, 01:02:51 PM piribiriboing »

Danny
Bandido

People scare easier when they're dyin'

« #10 : May 02, 2007, 06:16:34 AM »

A still from Google earth, is this the place called :Cortijo del Fraile"?
Last year I found a sign Cortijo del Fraile near Los Albaricoques, but after a few km on a very bad dusty road we turned because we were' nt sure if this was the right track. If someone has any useful information, please let me know.

iceman
Bounty Killer

« #11 : May 02, 2007, 03:43:16 PM »

A still from Google earth, is this the place called :Cortijo del Fraile"?
Last year I found a sign Cortijo del Fraile near Los Albaricoques, but after a few km on a very bad dusty road we turned because we were' nt sure if this was the right track. If someone has any useful information, please let me know.

If you put Los Albaricoques in Google earth It takes you right over Aqua Caliente you can use the map in this topic to follow the road up to Cortijo del fraile. You can then zoom doom and just make out the mission. There are also some blue markers next to the mission which if you click on them it shows you some photos of the mission. I have already started a topic about using Google Earth to find some of the SW locations....

ICE

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
Danny
Bandido

« #12 : May 03, 2007, 12:28:56 AM »

Thank you, ICE. Found it !!! O0
Do you know if the road from Los Albaricoques is the only one to get to Cortijo del Fraile? Because this road is very bad and bumpy with a lot of rocks, it's almost impossible to drive if you don't have a 4 by 4.

piribiriboing
Bandido

« #13 : May 03, 2007, 04:21:19 PM »

You can arrive from Rodalquilar, the road of the abandoned mines where Steiger meets Coburn in Giù la Testa, but the road could be even worse. In 2004 it was worse, in 2005 they worked on it and was better, this year who knows... absolutely have to drive slowly here.
Easy to find in Google Earth visualizing the roads and moving to east from  the above still (that's the location of the execution scene in Giù la Testa).

Danny
Bandido

« #14 : May 03, 2007, 11:49:12 PM »

Thank you for your reply.

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines