Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 15, 2024, 08:48:40 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Spaghetti Western Web Comic?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: Spaghetti Western Web Comic?  ( 15532 )
Eric
Gunslinger

« : February 15, 2007, 10:14:31 PM »

I'm not sure whether this should go here or in Off-Topic. It is spaghetti related, but feel free if I've chosen wrongly to move it.

One of my resolutions for this year was to improve my drawing ability, and I've decided that I need a regular project to keep me on track. I've been giving some thought to drawing a spaghetti westernesque web comic. I'm messing around with styles right now, and you can see some of my sketches and doodles at http://spaghettiwest.blogspot.com

I'd love to hear comments or suggestions or opinions or even criticism and nay-saying from you guys. I'm not as extremely versed in spaghettis as you guys are, but I've seen a bunch. All the Leones. My Name is Nobody. Django. Some of the Sabatas and Sartanas. Trinity. Still haven't been able to buy a good copy of Death Rides a Horse, but I know for sure that I'm never going to chance it on the $5.50 version again.

Anyway, right now I'm trying to decide on the visual style and what sorts of characters and stories I should use. Here's some art samples of what I've done in the past few weeks:

(I forgot about the Stranger who carries the umbrella. I also don't speak Italian, so this might not be correct!  :D).

A half-ass Django.

A doodle of Bud n' Terence.

Like I said, I'd love to hear what you guys think!

--Eric

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #1 : February 15, 2007, 10:48:48 PM »

very nice show more O0

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

« #2 : February 15, 2007, 11:01:47 PM »

I think it's a very good idea, keep it up. :)

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Jon1

« #3 : February 15, 2007, 11:05:23 PM »

Love the first two in color.

Eric
Gunslinger

« #4 : February 15, 2007, 11:33:51 PM »

Thanks for the compliments, guys! I'll try to put new stuff up tomorrow!

pixelated
Gunslinger

perhaps.. i have a dream

« #5 : February 15, 2007, 11:57:41 PM »

very cool indeed

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

« #6 : February 16, 2007, 07:55:18 AM »

Great idea, look forward to reading it   O0

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

« #7 : February 16, 2007, 08:08:25 AM »

Wow, I really like the direction you're taking, these sketches are great and they have their own style to them (your own style), which is fantastic. Looking forward to more, keep us posted!

Jordan

Eric
Gunslinger

« #8 : February 17, 2007, 01:43:26 AM »

Thanks everyone for the positive reaction. Still trying to figure out what to do for a story. In the meantime, here's the first in a (hopefully) series of spaghetti characters, the one who started it all (Sort of, though under a different name....): Blondie!

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

« #9 : February 17, 2007, 09:10:41 AM »

Thanks everyone for the positive reaction. Still trying to figure out what to do for a story. In the meantime, here's the first in a (hopefully) series of spaghetti characters, the one who started it all (Sort of, though under a different name....): Blondie!

Awesome! Can I suggest as a possible storyline some sort of past adventure between Blondie, angel eyes, and Tuco? It seems that Blondie and Tuco know Angel eyes already when they are put in the prison camp....

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #10 : February 17, 2007, 09:37:42 AM »

Eric, this is a fantastic idea my friend. Coming from a fellow artist, I can say your work is pretty great. I like your style. If you get around to finishing a full spaghetti western comic book, I'd love to have a copy. Keep us posted! Great work my friend! O0

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
Eric
Gunslinger

« #11 : February 17, 2007, 06:46:48 PM »

Franco Nero as Django:

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #12 : February 17, 2007, 07:45:32 PM »

You know looking at these pictures, I wouldn't mine someday down the line if someone made a spaghetti western animation movie. I think it would be cool in my opinion.

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
Eric
Gunslinger

« #13 : February 17, 2007, 08:11:31 PM »

That would be pretty awesome. Some would say it's already been done in anime -- Cowboy Bebop or Trigun are most often cited -- but there's too much sci-fi for my taste.

So you're an artist, TB? I'd love to see some of your work.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

« #14 : February 18, 2007, 09:38:28 AM »

I wouldn't mine someday down the line if someone made a spaghetti western animation movie. I think it would be cool in my opinion.

That would be very cool! In Eric's style. ;)

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines