Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 06, 2021, 05:39:47 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rambo (2008)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
: Rambo (2008)  ( 61762 )
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

« #15 : May 20, 2007, 02:44:19 AM »

Looks mind numbingly good to me  O0 Forget the brain and sit back (just try not to drawl)

I'm looking for the Die Hard 4 but the rumours that it is a PG13 has got me worried.

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #16 : May 20, 2007, 03:45:05 AM »

Many of you can call me stupid, or rip the Rambo sequels, but the fact of the matter is they're great action movies. They set out to do what they're supposed to do and that's give us fantastic action, and be highly entertainting. I am not saying that they're masterpieces, they're not even close. Most action movies are not masterpieces in terms of all different aspects of filmmaking but for an action movie, they're pretty darn good. Most action movies today are lame with to much CGI and no character development or story whatsoever. The Rambo movies at least attemped a plot. I respect what Sly is doing, and from the looks of the trailer, it looks like we have a more serious Rambo film kind of mirroring the original First Blood but from the looks of it, looks a bit more violent.
I'm not too sure what Arnie or Willis fans would make of his action movies not coming close to Rambo?

Man with no dame

« #17 : May 20, 2007, 05:40:59 AM »

Looks mind numbingly good to me  O0 Forget the brain and sit back (just try not to drawl)

I'm looking for the Die Hard 4 but the rumours that it is a PG13 has got me worried.
   Rambo as cinematic opium, eh? Hope they make it illegal.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #18 : May 20, 2007, 08:43:42 AM »

Hey, LA finally someone who understands where I'm coming from. I have never said I thought the Rambo movies were cinematic gold, but for an action movie, I love them. Like you said, once and awhile you just want to watch a movie without thinking to much, to sit back and enjoy the ride, as you said just sit back and forget the brain.

I really hope To Live Free or Die Hard is not PG-13 as they're saying. That would be terrible! I'm worried about this myself.

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
franksgrandson
Gunslinger

just the man

« #19 : May 21, 2007, 04:39:26 PM »

Watched First Blood at the weekend and I still like this film its very good and keeps you gripped, Stallone is great but for me Brian Dennahey steals the show and a very young Caruso shows he has potential.
The follow on Rambo's were dross but First Blood was just right

MORTON ONCE TOLD ME I COULD NEVER BE LIKE HIM, NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #20 : May 21, 2007, 06:39:56 PM »

John J. Rambo....What a soldier! O0

poderator
Bandido

« #21 : May 22, 2007, 01:43:52 AM »

Yeah, it is pretty unfair to compare Rambo with Leone's movies. But when you see The Rock or Vin Diesel's movies (except Pitch Black),  you must admit that Stallone's sequels are masterpieces of this genre. :D

Man with no dame

« #22 : May 22, 2007, 04:23:07 AM »

But when you see The Rock or Vin Diesel's movies (except Pitch Black),  you must admit that Stallone's sequels are masterpieces of this genre. :D
  Actually , The Rock shocked. When I saw the Walking Tall remake, he was pretty good in it. Better than Rowdy Roddy Piper, anyway. As far as Vin Diesel goes, don't they still smear peanut butter on his teeth to make him look like he can talk? :P

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #23 : May 22, 2007, 01:11:04 PM »

Actually , The Rock shocked. When I saw the Walking Tall remake, he was pretty good in it. Better than Rowdy Roddy Piper, anyway. As far as Vin Diesel goes, don't they still smear peanut butter on his teeth to make him look like he can talk? :P

hahahaha The Rock is a pretty good actor and hopefully he can become this generations next Sly, Arnold, or Bruce Willis. We'll see.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

« #24 : May 22, 2007, 01:16:09 PM »

Hey, LA finally someone who understands where I'm coming from. I have never said I thought the Rambo movies were cinematic gold, but for an action movie, I love them. Like you said, once and awhile you just want to watch a movie without thinking to much, to sit back and enjoy the ride, as you said just sit back and forget the brain.

I really hope To Live Free or Die Hard is not PG-13 as they're saying. That would be terrible! I'm worried about this myself.

I love cinema I truly do but sometimes I just want to sit back and watch a trashy B-Movie or a dumb action film as I know you do  O0

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #25 : May 22, 2007, 03:09:06 PM »

I love cinema I truly do but sometimes I just want to sit back and watch a trashy B-Movie or a dumb action film as I know you do  O0

Yes sir, and someday we will be watching many films preparing for our future projects! O0

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

« #26 : May 22, 2007, 03:18:26 PM »

The catching a Yankee Game  O0

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #27 : May 22, 2007, 05:49:06 PM »

The catching a Yankee Game  O0

That's for damn sure! O0

Man with no dame

« #28 : May 22, 2007, 06:33:15 PM »

Check out Something Weird Video on the net. They have all the best of the legendary grade Z films. Wouldn't believe who's in some of them.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #29 : May 22, 2007, 08:36:48 PM »

Check out Something Weird Video on the net. They have all the best of the legendary grade Z films. Wouldn't believe who's in some of them.

I'll check it out.

: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines