Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 24, 2022, 09:47:47 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The brother/sister "twist"-is there a point to it?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: The brother/sister "twist"-is there a point to it?  ( 13087 )
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #15 : June 11, 2007, 04:26:16 PM »

correctomundo!

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

« #16 : June 27, 2007, 01:10:01 PM »

Have seen the duel again - the girl is on both watch pics! We see one momnet the other in Monco's hand and she's on that too.

WTF? Why are they same?: I always thought the other is the boy or the Colonel...
What's Monco's words accurately in the English version? In hungarian we can understand it of two different kind: "they are alike" or "you (two) are alike" (the second only when we use formal style)

The pics can't be. They are the same...

"Does this unit have a soul?"
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #17 : June 27, 2007, 04:33:19 PM »

One watch belongs to the husband or boyfriend, and the other one to the girl. When they died, Indio and Mortimer took one each.

Furthermore, Indio was in love with the girl... and Mortimer must have known about it. The investigation he did lead to the only guilty possible... That's my guess.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

« #18 : June 27, 2007, 10:32:36 PM »

I was wondering about the pictures, too. I decided Indio took the watch with the girl, because he was in love with her, as Noodles said, and Mortimer later put the same picture into his watch, because it was his sister. Of course, it's a bit... strange explanation.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #19 : June 28, 2007, 02:12:22 AM »

I was wondering about the pictures, too. I decided Indio took the watch with the girl, because he was in love with her, as Noodles said, and Mortimer later put the same picture into his watch, because it was his sister. Of course, it's a bit... strange explanation.

You're right. It is also possible that the pictures thing is a mistake from Vincenzoni. The Dollar Trilogy was writen in a very short time, which makes such mistakes possible...

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

« #20 : June 28, 2007, 05:06:48 AM »

It is also possible that the pictures thing is a mistake from Vincenzoni. The Dollar Trilogy was writen in a very short time, which makes such mistakes possible...

Personally I think it is a mistake, but to make it reasonable, I made up that theory. ;D

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

« #21 : June 30, 2007, 10:19:55 AM »

Angel Eyes has a pocket watch too! Look the final sduel, when in the music we hear the watch... I would swear it's the same watch...

>:D

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #22 : June 30, 2007, 10:41:44 AM »

Of course. The pocket watches are Mortimer family heirlooms, so it would make sense that all male members of the family would have one. How could the Colonel have one and not his evil twin?

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

« #23 : June 30, 2007, 11:15:54 AM »

I'll like a novel of the full story of the Mortimer family... and the past of the girl and Indio. She was his mistress before she married? Or only Indio wanted, but she didn't love him? She betrayed him?
And yes... about the twins. ALL.  ;D

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #24 : June 30, 2007, 01:09:04 PM »

Well, I doubt the girl was even conscious of Indio's existence until he tried to rape her (she'd only had eyes for the man she married). But Indio, on the other hand, might have been stalking her for a while. He might have even imagined that they were having a relationship and so felt betrayed when she married another.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Noodles_SlowStir
Bounty Killer

« #25 : June 30, 2007, 01:20:37 PM »

Could very well be.  He may of been stalking her without her knowing.  Or, maybe he had a real bad case of the munchies.  He figured their house looked as good as any other.  He looks through the window and sees Mortimer's very beautiful sister.  Suddenly his appetites flipped the script on him........he found he suddenly didn't want any pork rinds or dried beef.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

« #26 : June 30, 2007, 01:48:29 PM »

Well, I doubt the girl was even conscious of Indio's existence until he tried to rape her (she'd only had eyes for the man she married). But Indio, on the other hand, might have been stalking her for a while. He might have even imagined that they were having a relationship and so felt betrayed when she married another.
Could very well be.  He may of been stalking her without her knowing.  Or, maybe he had a real bad case of the munchies.  He figured their house looked as good as any other.  He looks through the window and sees Mortimer's very beautiful sister.  Suddenly his appetites flipped the script on him........he found he suddenly didn't want any pork rinds or dried beef.

I agree with both. :)

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #27 : June 30, 2007, 04:43:25 PM »

So do I. :D

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines