Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 26, 2022, 04:31:49 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  New "official" Man With No Name comics....
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 [3] 4
: New "official" Man With No Name comics....  ( 19656 )
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

« #30 : April 27, 2008, 06:28:32 AM »

Honestly, the guys who do the Wasteland comic should have handled this instead:

http://www.onipress.com/thebigwet/about/index.php

Anyone else read this book?

No. I haven't heard about it before. But I suppose the problem is, these have enough of their own ideas... Sad paradox.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Whalestoe

« #31 : April 27, 2008, 07:38:51 PM »

No. I haven't heard about it before. But I suppose the problem is, these have enough of their own ideas... Sad paradox.

The Wasteland just has a more Spaghetti feel to it. This (MWNN) comic's interiors look horrible.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

« #32 : April 28, 2008, 11:22:37 AM »

Sure. I meant, a person who's gifted with the ability to create the right SW feel is doing something else, because the person doesn't need to use somebody else's ideas... something like that.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Whalestoe

« #33 : April 28, 2008, 03:14:53 PM »

Sure. I meant, a person who's gifted with the ability to create the right SW feel is doing something else, because the person doesn't need to use somebody else's ideas... something like that.

I get what you mean. The artist whose creation feels SW in style is already creating his own personal art; not rehashing someone else's ideas. Sad but true. :'(

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #34 : April 29, 2008, 03:19:41 AM »

I'd like to see the Bluberry comics, they should be re issued, the little I've seen of them (just sample pages) intrigues me.

person who's gifted with the ability to create the right SW feel is doing something else, because the person doesn't need to use somebody else's ideas... something like that.

Well that's true, and getting back to films, I though that "The Proposition" achieved that SW feel, and it did so partly in the same way that Leone was able to re create the American West in Almeria, Spain.

The Proposition had the feeling of the familiar juxtaposed with a strangeness that makes you feel that you are seeing the familiar in a fresh new way. In the Proposition though it WAS a different frontier.

Leone with Almeria had that badlands/western landscape, sets, dresssed locomotives, wagons, stages, etc., but, everything was just a bit off  enough degrees of seperation to have a surreal aura over everything, even the beautiful Spanish horses had a different gaite. Add to all that the different emphasis on the "anti-hero", the picaresque charaters, and the "catholic viewpoint" of the old southwest and you achieved a Spaghetti Western.

If we talk books "Blood Meridian" achieves that SW feel.

« : April 29, 2008, 03:25:19 AM cigar joe »

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
SIGcurious
Road Apple

« #35 : April 29, 2008, 04:43:56 AM »

It MUST be that Dynamite wasn't allowed to use the likeness of Eastwood.   I was looking at my German version MGM DVDs this morning.   The kind of artwork inside those boxes is I guess what I was hoping to get with the comics.  Nothing is right in the preview.  The mullet, the solid shirt, the boots tucked into the pants, the extra long serrape, the fact that he's double fisting forty-fives, etc. 

I guess you just have to remember that it's not Leone.  So many things would have to come together. 

Check out the issue 2 cover.  Is it just me, or does TMWNN look like Steven Segal?

http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com/htmlfiles/c-Man_With_No_Name.html

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

« #36 : April 29, 2008, 07:55:36 AM »

oh man...that new cover has nothing on it to signify man with no name....how can they be screwing this up so badly?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #37 : April 29, 2008, 07:57:22 AM »

Yea, Segal, lol,  I can't believe they can do anything with this property without the original creators involved.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #38 : April 29, 2008, 03:12:49 PM »

Nothing that hasn't been said already but...

that comic looks like dog shit.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #39 : June 29, 2008, 06:37:23 PM »

A review (thanks for the tip, Cinema Retro):
http://comics.ign.com/articles/872/872419p1.html

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #40 : July 06, 2008, 02:30:36 AM »

A review (thanks for the tip, Cinema Retro):
http://comics.ign.com/articles/872/872419p1.html

That is a damn fine generous rating considering that most people on the interweb who are true fans of these movies have shat all over this debacle of a comic.

I'm inclined to believe the web dwellers.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #41 : July 28, 2008, 04:21:56 PM »

For those who haven't been following the story (which is everyone on this board, right?), I thought I'd compile the synopses that Dynamite is handing out. I guess we already know what happened in the first issue, so I'll start from #2:
Picking up from issue #1, Blondie is en route to the Mission when he encounters some Confederate deserters who try to rob him! Fighting them off, he finds that the Mission is being defended by the rag-tag group of wounded soldiers that were being treated within, but their supplies are meager and they can't possibly hold out long. Will Blondie make it in time to fulfill his oath? Featuring series covers by Richard (Dark Tower) Isanove!

The all-new comic book adventures of the Man with No Name continues from writer Christos Gage and artist Wellington Dias! The Man is scoping out the Mission as he fights to get inside to honor his pledge and aid Father Ramirez - who also juts happens to be Tuco's brother! Featuring series covers by Richard (Dark Tower) Isanove!

This time out, Blondie and Ramirez attempt to use subterfuge to achieve their means, but in the end, its bullets and blowing things up that are going to rule the day! Featuring another stunning cover by Richard Isanove!

Our opening adventure of all new "Blondie" stories continues by writer Christos Gage, and artist Wellington Dias! Under the painted cover by Richard Isanove Blondie is tortured, but refuses to reveal where the money is so, the Confederates try a different tactic: torturing Father Ramirez. But Ramirez proves to be a whole lot tougher than the rebs were counting on, he is Tuco's brother after all...

Our opening story arc concludes as writer Christos Gage and artist Wellington Dias (and don't forget those incredible painted covers by Richard Isanove) - will Blondie and Ramirez end up going out in a blaze of glory like Butch and Sundance? Find out in this thrilling conclusion of "saints and Sinners"!

That was a pretty good idea, not using Tuco but putting his brother in instead . . .

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

« #42 : July 30, 2008, 02:24:41 AM »

That was a pretty good idea, not using Tuco but putting his brother in instead . . .

It was, but that's all I'll give them...

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #43 : July 30, 2008, 11:13:15 AM »

Actually, I was being sarcastic. Sorry, next time I'll use an emoticon.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

« #44 : July 30, 2008, 01:41:48 PM »

Oh, seriously, I think having Father Ramirez as a more important character is a good idea, but what they did with it...
The text you cited screams "You need to have this!" and all I can say is "I don't." ;D

: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines