Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 07, 2021, 11:52:12 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Django (1966)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
: Django (1966)  ( 103885 )
indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

« #90 : November 07, 2005, 10:42:04 AM »

i sent an e mail to them this morning. thanking them and asking for more. your right about alex cox's intro it was really well done.

That could just be cannon fire.
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

« #91 : November 07, 2005, 12:51:31 PM »

Loved Alex Cox's little 5 min intro last night. Great stuff!

HEX

« #92 : November 26, 2005, 11:59:35 AM »

i am here to defend my favorite non-leone sw of all
DJANGO.

yes it is not the best in the bunch, but dammit it is the one i keep coming back to watch again and again. i think the best sw is THE GREAT SILENCE however i dont think i could watch the GREAT SILENCE as much as i have watched DJANGO(which has been over 10 times)

i am here to defend this spaghetti classic because it rather sickens me to hear how hated it is in the sw fan world.

DJANGO is pure spaghetti western. a mysterious gunslinger enters a town dragging a coffin holding a gatling gun within its wooden interior(which he uses to mow down all the baddies). the gunslinger is searching for revenge to end his old life and gold to start a new. well needless to say it all ends rather badly for DJANGO when he is beaten badly and his hands are crippled. now he must face the remaining factions of his enemy's
 with two broken gun hands. this leads to one of the most suspenseful and original climaxies IN ALL OF CINEMA HISTORY. yes the film falls short in some places, and there are a few plot holes. but DJANGO is such an entertaining film that it is easily forgiven for its problems.

DJANGO(no matter what anyone tells me ) IS an immortal classic.

« : November 26, 2005, 12:01:36 PM HEX »
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

« #93 : November 26, 2005, 01:25:51 PM »

As you know from my review Hex, I actually did enjoy Django. Its a little bit rough around the edges but it is for me an enjoyable watch and its like the base step for the other films he would do later.

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

« #94 : November 27, 2005, 03:44:24 AM »

I'm with you on that one Hex.  Great Silence is my favourite non-Leone, but Django is easier on the eyes!

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #95 : November 29, 2005, 07:00:09 AM »

I already said enough about Django except to say that this deserves a lot more respect than is often given!

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #96 : December 24, 2005, 08:34:19 AM »

I have found the guts to watch Django recently and found I was wrong all the time. Not a masterpiece, but as good to see as some of the best Corbucci's. Can't find much to add to what has been written her by other reviewers. Only would like to add that Nero's voice here is Gazzolo's, i.e. Ramon. I also liked the mexican musical theme.

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

« #97 : December 25, 2005, 03:53:54 AM »

I must admit to enjoying it quite a bit when I first saw it. Not a masterpiece but a fun spaghetti no less.

Christopher

« #98 : December 25, 2005, 06:58:17 PM »

I watched Django again several weeks ago, and I think my reaction to it the second time was about the same as the first. I think I said at first I wasn't sure about it, but as it went along I enjoyed it more. I like the ending of it; it gets a bit dark and violent and the final gunfight is a lot of fun, and actually quite suspenseful while he's trying to get the gun set up without the use of his hands. Nero's acting is really great in that scene too, the frustration on his face when he drops the gun.

grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

« #99 : December 27, 2005, 12:14:57 AM »

to add to what christopher said about the suspenseful gunfight... it's also great that you really have no idea whether he will make it out alive or not... it's just one of those movies, which I guess is one of the appealing aspects of most spaghetti's... anyone can go at any time.

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

« #100 : May 01, 2007, 04:57:04 AM »

Only would like to add that Nero's voice here is Gazzolo's, i.e. Ramon.

So I have two films in Italian, with the same dubber? Wow.
I'm really glad I have it in Italian, when I see you complaining about dubs. I liked the Italian sound.
And I must say, I LOVE that catchy theme song.
Sometimes a bit too violent for me, but generally I really liked it. Sometimes ridiculous (I quite can't understand how can one man carry so much gold, moreover in a coffin that must be quite heavy itself). I'm a bit bothered by the dates on the grave he uses in the end (1889, if I remember right. That's a bit too late, when you consider Django was fighting in the Civil War.)

I like the ending of it; ... and the final gunfight is a lot of fun, and actually quite suspenseful while he's trying to get the gun set up without the use of his hands. Nero's acting is really great in that scene too, the frustration on his face when he drops the gun.

I really liked that scene, too.

Oh yes, another thing I didn't understand in the plot... why would Jackson EVER cooperate with Mexican troops? ::)

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Silenzio
Bounty Killer

« #101 : May 01, 2007, 06:43:48 AM »

Oh yes, another thing I didn't understand in the plot... why would Jackson EVER cooperate with Mexican troops? ::)

I never got that either.  I guess to show he was kind of a coward, he could afford to be racist... but only when he had a fifty-man army behind him.

I think this is pretty much the definitive non-Leone spaghetti.  Not necessarily the best, but the definitive one. I'll admit, I liked it better with repeat viewings. From what I've seen of pre-Django (i.e. Pre-1966) italian westerns is that they are still a little more American in style, whereas after Django they're all more dark and violent.

« : May 01, 2007, 06:51:37 AM Silenzio »
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

« #102 : May 01, 2007, 06:52:17 AM »

I never got that either.  I guess to show he was kind of a coward, he could afford to be racist... but only when he had a fifty-man army behind him.

Probably this is the answer...

I haven't seen any pre-Django SW's, but I guess you're right about it, from what I've read about them so far.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #103 : May 01, 2007, 03:37:05 PM »

For anyone in the UK with Sky Digital who hasn't yet seen this monumental sw classic,i see that the Movies4Men2 channel has begun to show this every now and again in widescreen.
Don't miss it!! O0

Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

« #104 : May 01, 2007, 03:40:00 PM »

Hey Banjo have you tried that 4OD (Channel 4 on demand on their website) They claim to have cult films (SW's?) I can't do it because I have the great computer in the world A Mac but anyone with a PC can.

: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines