Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2021, 03:15:26 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Kill Bill
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
: Does Kill Bill suck balls?
Yes   -6 (35.3%)
No   -11 (64.7%)
: 14

: Kill Bill  ( 49168 )
DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

« #30 : August 18, 2004, 01:35:40 AM »

well, almost anyway, its in Off-Topic Discussion. ;D

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

« #31 : August 18, 2004, 07:01:58 AM »

I once read an early draft of the script whare at the end The Bride shows up at vila #4 in her blood soaked wedding dress and evreything, and Bill and her ducked it out at dawn on the beach with their Hanzo blades, spageti western style.
Now THAT would have been cool. 8)

True. That's why all the posters show her in her dress with the sword even though we never see that in the film. Apparently Tarantino had to drop the scene under pressure from the studio over time constraints or something, which annoys me immensely since I thought the actual final fight was a bit of a let down. It's a bit like someone from United Artists came along to Leone during the filming of GBU and said "You know Sergio, I don't think we're gonna have time for this big 3 way gun battle, let's just have Blondie shoot Angeleyes by the graveside and have done with it".

It's class.
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

« #32 : August 18, 2004, 12:29:51 PM »

Loved volume 2
disliked volume 1

together it makes a pretty good film however i like to disregard volume 1 completely and just refer to volume 2 which is the bread and butter of the film

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
bennyvtown
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

« #33 : October 05, 2004, 10:23:42 PM »

Apparently Tarantino had to drop the scene under pressure from the studio over time constraints or something, which annoys me immensely

If true, that would annoy me too, however I find it hard to believe that the scene would be omitted due to TIME restraints, when he ended up going with a half-an-hour long conversation instead...

Still would have been cool though.

redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

« #34 : October 06, 2004, 06:47:51 AM »

Not time as in actual length of the film, but shooting deadlines.

It's class.
Nobody
Gunslinger

Nobody, but Nobody, knows the trouble he's in!

« #35 : October 07, 2004, 04:08:06 PM »

Loved both of them, but Vol. 2 was superior to Vol.1
It had the spaghetti western feel to it.

"As boys, they said they would die for each other. As men, they did."
John Baldwin
Gunslinger

Do you recognize this string ???

« #36 : October 09, 2004, 04:12:24 PM »

I HATE..................And I don't like Tarantino!!!

Le monde se divise en deux catégories: ceux qui ont un revolver chargé, et ceux qui creusent; toi tu creuses...
Two Kinds of ...
Gunslinger

Idiots - it's for you.

« #37 : October 23, 2004, 01:52:30 PM »

I loved them.  Vol. 1 was an amazing revenge flick, Vol. 2 was more of a relationship flick.   Super stuff.   I'm a kung fu/samurai buff as well as a Leone/Spaghetti lover.   Tarantino obviously is too.

More feeling.
Film-Junkie Zach
Bandido

« #38 : November 10, 2004, 11:42:05 PM »

Nope, Tarantino directed a sequence with Benico Del Toro, Clive Owen, and Brittany Murphy.

I really love Kill Bill. I Think its QT's best film ever. It's a love letter to the Grindhouse Genre. It's a film-geek's dream film.

Tarantino might be making a Mandarin-Language Chop Socky Kung Fu Film. Should Be Good. I Think QT has never directed a bad film. I Love Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, and Jackie Brown.

I REALLY CANT WAIT FOR INGLORIOUS BASTARDS. QT said it's going to be like The Good The bad and The Ugly set in Nazi Occuppied France. It may have Michael Madsen, Bo Svenson, and Adam Sandler in it. I'm hoping he will put Christopher Walken and Mickey Rouke in IB.

The Mardarin Film will be probably great. but I want INGLORIOUS BASTARDS!

Il Buono
Gunslinger

You're the son of a thousand fathers!

« #39 : November 14, 2004, 09:06:16 AM »

I wish he made his movies a bit faster.  When will the new one be out?  Can't wait.  Well, maybe his films wouldn't be so damn good if he did them faster.  Anyway, Tarantino, hurry up!

Your ass is grass... And I am the lawnmower
Belkin
Gunslinger

Can my character have a poncho, Sergio? Please!

« #40 : November 15, 2004, 04:38:59 PM »

Just watched KILL BILL 2. Blew me away. Very impressive piece of work. Great to see MICHAEL PARKS back on the big screen. That was a wonderful performance.

« : November 15, 2004, 04:39:24 PM Belkin »

You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it on the streets...
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #41 : November 15, 2004, 08:59:36 PM »

The Morricone Score when the Bride is burried alive and is breaking out of her coffin is from Corbucci's The Mercenary, check it out if you can get a hold of a copy.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

« #42 : November 16, 2004, 10:12:29 PM »

i wouldn't go as far to say QT is Leone's most accomplished pupil... there are better IMO

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
Two Kinds of ...
Gunslinger

Idiots - it's for you.

« #43 : November 18, 2004, 01:14:20 PM »

i wouldn't go as far to say QT is Leone's most accomplished pupil... there are better IMO
Hmmm, could you name a few you'd consider more accomplished?  I don't think Bertolucci is.

More feeling.
roberti
Bandido

Jamais personne ne t'aimera comme je t'aime

« #44 : March 15, 2006, 05:40:02 PM »

Tarantino is a big fan of Sergio Leone (see Once upon a time Sergio Leone), he is using sergio technics in his movies, he is a great technician, controlling the art of using the camera. But i do think his best movie is Jackie Brown...which is not a masterpiece.
Kill Bill is fantastic technically like star wars, lord of the rings and some other stuff in this genre. For me it is not enough to qualify this as great cinema. Obviously something missing, and I 'd really like Tarantino and some other good cineasts spending more time on the scenario, the characters and places.
I only admire artists who love and respect art, that means people who spend time to create something deep. And it does not matter if they make one film per 10 years if it is each time a masterpiece. 10 great movies are better than 100 hundred bad or average ones.
THAT IS WHY SERGIO LEONE IS MY FAVORITE DIRECTOR.

« : March 19, 2006, 06:28:30 PM roberti »

Ton nombril est une belle coupe arrondie ou jamais le vin ne manque, ton ventre est une vallee de ble entouree de lys, tes seins sont des grappes de raisin mur, ta bouche a la douceur de la pomme.
: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines