Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 22, 2024, 03:42:55 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Studio Bosses Pulled 'Godfather IV' Plans Over Budget
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Studio Bosses Pulled 'Godfather IV' Plans Over Budget  ( 5196 )
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« : July 31, 2007, 03:48:40 PM »

I was reading this in the headline's on IMDB today and I thought it's some interesting info for Godfather fans. It's to bad this never got off the ground.

Movie executives at Paramount scrapped an idea to wrap up The Godfather movies with a fourth film - because they refused to pay an ailing Mario Puzo. Director Francis Ford Coppola offered to help the dying author pen the screenplay for a final film for free, but penny-pinching studio bosses still refused to greenlight the idea. Ford Coppola, who initially balked at the idea of directing sequels to his 1972 masterpiece, admits he was so desperate to help Puzo before he died in 1999 that he offered to co-write the screenplay for no charge. He recalls, "He and I cooked up an idea for what there would be for The Godfather IV and we went to Paramount... and we said, 'Look, Mario is not well. Hire him to write this Godfather IV script, I will help him, do it for nothing...' Mario was very concerned to leave his kids some money and they just never made the deal... Mario died and it was heartbreaking."

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #1 : July 31, 2007, 04:32:17 PM »

Oh, that's. . . too bad. ::)

Saturday nights with Groggy
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #2 : July 31, 2007, 04:45:49 PM »

Oh, that's. . . too bad. ::)

Well geez Groggy, you don't have to go and roll your eye's to me.  :'(

haha, I like your signature picture by the way.  O0

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #3 : July 31, 2007, 05:08:17 PM »

Godfather III should never have been made. I'm glad yet another hideous mistake has been aborted.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

« #4 : July 31, 2007, 05:20:14 PM »

Well geez Groggy, you don't have to go and roll your eye's to me.  :'(

haha, I like your signature picture by the way.  O0

Its funny if you read the quote and look at the pic but i think thats my wierd way of thinking :-\

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #5 : July 31, 2007, 08:06:55 PM »

Godfather III should never have been made. I'm glad yet another hideous mistake has been aborted.

Godfather III was in no way a bad film. It's just not on the level of the first two.

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

« #6 : July 31, 2007, 08:26:41 PM »

Godfather III was in no way a bad film. It's just not on the level of the first two.

I blame Sofia Coppola.

She was excellent in the first Godfather though...

..Very convincing in her role.

« : July 31, 2007, 08:29:11 PM Silenzio »
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #7 : July 31, 2007, 08:37:11 PM »

I blame Sofia Coppola.

She was excellent in the first Godfather though...

..Very convincing in her role.

;D

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #8 : August 01, 2007, 05:27:51 AM »

Her performance in GF II is duelly impressive since she's playing a boy. O0

Saturday nights with Groggy
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #9 : August 01, 2007, 09:53:56 AM »

Godfather 4 is a bad idea to begin with...

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #10 : August 01, 2007, 09:55:18 AM »

Godfather 4 is a bad idea to begin with...

Yeah. I'm not saying I was for it. I just thought it was some interesting news. Without Robert Duvall the film would be severly lacking once again.

Sonny
Bounty Killer

« #11 : August 01, 2007, 11:22:49 AM »

I actually agree.  Doing Part II was cute and all, but not particularly necessary. Part III was simply a mistake. What could really be expected of Part IV?  ::)

« : August 01, 2007, 11:26:12 AM Sonny »

"I have vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.."
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #12 : August 01, 2007, 11:34:39 AM »

I actually agree.  Doing Part II was cute and all, but not particularly necessary. Part III was simply a mistake. What could really be expected of Part IV?  ::)

Part III was not a mistake. After making such two classic films, it was only fitting to finish off this SAGA into a trilogy. Part III has it's mistakes, preticularly with certain casting, but it was very entertaining none the less with highly memorable scenes. Michael Corleone having a heart attack and the confession scene with the priest. Classic in my mind. This film was also nominated for best picture, a fact some people seem to forget.

Sonny
Bounty Killer

« #13 : August 01, 2007, 11:45:38 AM »

Part III was not a mistake. After making such two classic films, it was only fitting to finish off this SAGA into a trilogy. Part III has it's mistakes, preticularly with certain casting, but it was very entertaining none the less with highly memorable scenes. Michael Corleone having a heart attack and the confession scene with the priest. Classic in my mind. This film was also nominated for best picture, a fact some people seem to forget.

I respect your opinion TB, don't get me wrong.  I just didn't find it good, at all.  That's just my opinion.
However, need I remind you... just because a movie wins Best Picture, it doesn't automatically mean it's good.  Take a look at the list of award winning movies and tell me that each one of those deserves the award for best picture.  In some cases the award goes to a movie for publicity purposes rather than actual quality.

"I have vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.."
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #14 : August 01, 2007, 11:51:37 AM »

I respect your opinion TB, don't get me wrong.  I just didn't find it good, at all.  That's just my opinion.
However, need I remind you... just because a movie wins Best Picture, it doesn't automatically mean it's good.  Take a look at the list of award winning movies and tell me that each one of those deserves the award for best picture.  In some cases the award goes to a movie for publicity purposes rather than actual quality.

Oh, I respect your opinion too Sonny! Don't take it as me getting mad. haha I'm sorry if it came across like that. Godfather III didn't win Best Picture, it was just nominated for it. You're exactly right, that doesn't mean it's good just because it earned a nomination. There's been many films I could not stand that have won or been nominated for Best Picture. I'm just saying I don't hate the film like some people is all. You make good and valid points Sonny. I enjoy your posts very much! :)

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines